CurlTalk

Taylor or Katherine...who do you want to win???

SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
I voted for Taylor. Can't stand McPhake.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.
«13456789

Comments

  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    PookyGuide wrote:
    I voted for Taylor. Can't stand McPhake.

    Good nickname for her.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    I wanted Chris to win, but between these two I'd vote for Taylor. I don't plan on buying his CD however.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    elliott
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    None of the above.

    I think both are lousy musically. So whether it's Katherine to fill little boys' fantasies or Taylor to entertain, either CD won't be good w/out major amounts of production.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

    But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    Sorry, but what's this about?
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    neither.
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]


  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    NetG wrote:
    to fill little boys' fantasies

    :shock: I resemble that remark :oops: :lol:

    I don't want her to win. She should have been gone 5 weeks ago. Before Paris.
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users
    Katharine, though I wouldn't buy either CD.

    Not sure why everyone dislikes her. I can see not liking her singing, but is this just a bunch of b**tchy women who just want to put down another woman (which I find a trait of many women I know)? I think she's gorgeous, seems likable, maybe not the best singer they have had on AI (but then neither is Taylor). In fact, I find both her and Taylor likable. Can't get over how every year when this gets to the finals people get so vicious.

    I do think Taylor will win. I have for weeks. Have said all along this was "his to lose."
    3b/c
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    GuardianB wrote:
    I don't want her to win. She should have been gone 5 weeks ago. Before Paris.

    That's the difference between you and the little boys.

    Katharine is *beautiful.* Her voice could be, too. But she's so full of herself, she refuses to listen as the judges repeatedly tell her she's not singing the right style. Even in Somewhere Over the Rainbow (which was mostly gorgeous) she threw in some moments where she tried to sound like she had a massive powerful voice. And she just doesn't. A cd full of that crap, where no one can see how pretty she is as they listen? Will stink.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

    But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    i voted taylor, but i wouldn't buy either of their CD's anyway. i will however buy all of chris's CD's, whether he goes solo, joins fuel, continues with absent element, whatever.

    the reason i don't like kat so much is that she seems like a bratty princess. she's got a pretty voice but not as good as she thinks it is. however, i do think she'd probably have a more successful recording career than taylor would. in a recording studio, she can keep trying again and again until she gets all the notes right, and lots of teenage girls will buy her CD's.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    PixieCurl wrote:
    i voted taylor, but i wouldn't buy either of their CD's anyway. i will however buy all of chris's CD's, whether he goes solo, joins fuel, continues with absent element, whatever.

    the reason i don't like kat so much is that she seems like a bratty princess. she's got a pretty voice but not as good as she thinks it is. however, i do think she'd probably have a more successful recording career than taylor would. in a recording studio, she can keep trying again and again until she gets all the notes right, and lots of teenage girls will buy her CD's.

    Nah, they'd just do it once and use an auto-tuner. You don't even have to try any more.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali


    .png


    534Pm5.png





  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    Nah, they'd just do it once and use an auto-tuner. You don't even have to try any more.

    lucky for her! :lol:
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Scarlet wrote:
    Sorry, but what's this about?
    :lol:
    I thought the same thing...
    I'm guessing AI, tho...
    
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    Nah, they'd just do it once and use an auto-tuner. You don't even have to try any more.

    well i'll be a monkey's uncle...that explains ALOT
  • MissJMissJ Posts: 196Registered Users
    subbrock wrote:
    elliott

    ditto!
    3c
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm not a huge AI fan, but from the 4 or 5 times I watched it this year I'd have to say -
    Taylor - cute, likeable, nice, goofy, fun, ok voice
    Kat - very pretty, self-centered, not so likeable, nice voice

    My vote would go to Taylor.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    munchkin wrote:
    Katharine, though I wouldn't buy either CD.

    Not sure why everyone dislikes her. I can see not liking her singing, but is this just a bunch of b**tchy women who just want to put down another woman (which I find a trait of many women I know)? I think she's gorgeous, seems likable, maybe not the best singer they have had on AI

    My husband is not a bitchy woman. He does not like her personality, although he is rendered speechless by her beauty. I thought she was okay, at first. Then he started pointing out her how smug she was and how she reacted to constructive criticism. It's not a figment of our imagination...the girl does not have a redeemable quality other than her pretty face.

    FTR, I loved Kelly Clarkson. And last time I checked, she was a woman. ;)
  • puffinpuffin Posts: 205Registered Users
    medussa wrote:

    My husband is not a bitchy woman.

    What??!! Your husband isn't a **** woman? Sorry this just made me laugh. :)
  • meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    Neither for me too.

    I only watched the show twice this year. However, the only person who really impressed me was Chris.

    Kat has big boobs and fairly decent voice, but I see no appeal beyond that. Too stuck up, too little charisma.

    Taylor seems like a nice, funny, genuine guy. And I gather that people love that he's totally himself, even though that means dancing in an appalling manner. However, he simply does not have that much talent. I concur with Simon on Taylor: reminds me of a wedding singer. His schtick would be hilarious at a karaoke party or a crazy wedding or something like that. However, it's completely amateur, with absolutely zero professional polish.

    Overall, this might have been the worst top 12 ever.
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    puffin wrote:
    medussa wrote:

    My husband is not a bitchy woman.

    What??!! Your husband isn't a &%$@#! woman? Sorry this just made me laugh. :)

    He's a guy, and if a guy is saying it, it can't be chalked up to some b*tchy woman thing. That's all I'm saying. :P
  • LucilleLucille Posts: 588Registered Users
    A pox on both their houses.
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    I really like/appreciate beautiful, smart, talented women. I don't have a biatchy attitude toward women as a rule.

    Having said that I can't stand Katherine. She annoys me soooo much I can't even tell you. I can't even articulate why except she seems like she is such a phony. Can't..stand..her.

    I really wanted Elliot to win...now I'm hoping Taylor wins.
  • MissJMissJ Posts: 196Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    munchkin wrote:
    Katharine, though I wouldn't buy either CD.

    Not sure why everyone dislikes her. I can see not liking her singing, but is this just a bunch of b**tchy women who just want to put down another woman (which I find a trait of many women I know)? I think she's gorgeous, seems likable, maybe not the best singer they have had on AI

    My husband is not a bitchy woman. He does not like her personality, although he is rendered speechless by her beauty. I thought she was okay, at first. Then he started pointing out her how smug she was and how she reacted to constructive criticism. It's not a figment of our imagination...the girl does not have a redeemable quality other than her pretty face.

    FTR, I loved Kelly Clarkson. And last time I checked, she was a woman. ;)

    yup.. my dad is not a bitchy woman either, and he thinks she has got to go! She just comes across (to me, and many others for that matter) as full of herself.. I'm not a women hater. There are many women I admire.. Katharine just has no qualities for me TO admire.
    3c
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    Notice how not many people showed up for her when she went home? They tried to cover it by saying it's because she lives close to Hollywood but that's BS.

    Elliot's whole city showed up for him!!!!
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,818Registered Users
    I think Kat has a great voice. But she has sounded awful too many times and she has no business in a Pop kinda world with her "style". She would really need a fashion consultant too. Gawd she has had some awful outfits :shock: :vomit:
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    :roll:
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    wth?
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    :roll:
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    this is ridiculous!
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    GuardianB wrote:
    I think Kat has a great voice. But she has sounded awful too many times and she has no business in a Pop kinda world with her "style". She would really need a fashion consultant too. Gawd she has had some awful outfits :shock: :vomit:


    Kat DOES have a nice voice. I think she sounds terrible though because she's always trying to dance. She can't DANCE! She needs to stand still!!

    She has a stylist so they are making her look awful. She is a very pretty girl and she has great hair. But she needed to go home 2 weeks ago.