Rollersetting 3c/4a hair instead of flatironing?

saronbellasaronbella Posts: 70Registered Users
I used to have extremely curly hair that due to continous flat-ironing the past year has changed textures and turned stringy and straight. I ended up cutting the majority of it off in January and am growing it out but unfortunately it is wedding season again and I have to straighten it out. I refuse to flat iron but I'm wondering if anyone gets their hair roller set under the dryer? I don't know if my hair is too kinky/curly for that look or not. I need a smooth set so if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I thought about getting a weave but I swim daily and I would only keep it in for a day or two because I hate the feeling.

Comments

• desert flowerdesert flower Posts: 188Registered Users
    saronbella wrote: »
    I used to have extremely curly hair that due to continous flat-ironing the past year has changed textures and turned stringy and straight. I ended up cutting the majority of it off in January and am growing it out but unfortunately it is wedding season again and I have to straighten it out. I refuse to flat iron but I'm wondering if anyone gets their hair roller set under the dryer? I don't know if my hair is too kinky/curly for that look or not. I need a smooth set so if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I thought about getting a weave but I swim daily and I would only keep it in for a day or two because I hate the feeling.

I am a 3b/3c and have gotten my hair roller set a lot. If they do it well: wrap tightly and use a good product, your hair will be gorgeous. The roots are what can be an issue sometimes, even when the hair is wrapped tightly. At the Dominican salons I have been to, they roller set and when they are taking out the rollers, they blow dry the roots to straighten them out and your hair looks amazing.

Good luck!
  • PJsMomPJsMom Posts: 173Registered Users
    saronbella wrote: »

I am a 3b/3c and have gotten my hair roller set a lot. If they do it well: wrap tightly and use a good product, your hair will be gorgeous. The roots are what can be an issue sometimes, even when the hair is wrapped tightly. At the Dominican salons I have been to, they roller set and when they are taking out the rollers, they blow dry the roots to straighten them out and your hair looks amazing.

Good luck!

I wish there was a dominican salon out here that I could use, I've good reviews, and I know my hair could handle the process they use...I'm glad to hear more good results from using the Dominican Salon.
    3c/4a

BC - 25 July 2006
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
    I have very thick curls too - I rollerset with hot rollers - they're great! probably not as good as a salon, althought I've never done it that way before... but I do love the hot rollers - I just leave them in for a while at night, and they keep the body but "relax" the curl a bit....
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file