Your Weekly PJ buys!

Comments

• peajaipeajai Posts: 124Registered Users
    Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Time Renewal Mask

The Time Renewal Mask made detangling a BREEZE when I cowashed last night.
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Let's see....I brought some Qhemets (2AOHC, 1BRBC, 1HBTG), some KBB (6 hair milks and the mask), some Afroveda (3 butters and a hair oil), Hairveda (2WBC,1 24/7moist, 1 amala cream rinse), and some Afrodetangler (splitting it with 3 other people).

Even with all of that stuff, I'm on the fence about getting some blended beauty [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Cutie-Butter-Me-Up-p-472.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-cutie-butter-me-up]Butter Me Up[/buylink] since they are having a 15% off sale. I'm also on the fence about the indian powders and henna (i want the red highlights back...lol)

I'm on a self imposed diet until I can use up some stuff...but at least my hair will be EXTRA MOISTURIZED this summer...lol.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MochaTaiMochaTai Posts: 197Registered Users
    Stocked up on Hesh Amla and Hesh Maka (Bringraj) Powders.
    -Tai
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    I
    ~Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil. I needed a leave in, unfortunately this won't be it. The smell is atrocious and it leaves my hair hair and dry. Thankfully it was only $2. Still on the look out for a good leave in.

Have you tried almond oil, avocado oil or grapeseed oil?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Windflower wrote: »
    I
    ~Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil. I needed a leave in, unfortunately this won't be it. The smell is atrocious and it leaves my hair hair and dry. Thankfully it was only $2. Still on the look out for a good leave in.

Maybe the problem is that oil isn't really a leave in, but a sealer? If you are looking to a leave in that addes moisture to your hair, I think looking at oils might not be the best product for that

12459237.png
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Posts: 2,607Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Im restocking on sublimed sulfur, my first bottle lasted over six months. Im buying a bigger bottle this time, the 12oz bottle from ebay..:blob6:
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
  • mzmillionmzmillion Posts: 874Registered Users
    Im restocking on sublimed sulfur, my first bottle lasted over six months. Im buying a bigger bottle this time, the 12oz bottle from ebay..:blob6:

What is this?? I see some of your staples are powders and baking soda. How do you use them for your hair exactly if you dont mind me asking...
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    Let's see....I brought some Qhemets (2AOHC, 1BRBC, 1HBTG), some KBB (6 hair milks and the mask), some Afroveda (3 butters and a hair oil), Hairveda (2WBC,1 24/7moist, 1 amala cream rinse), and some Afrodetangler (splitting it with 3 other people).

Even with all of that stuff, I'm on the fence about getting some blended beauty [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Cutie-Butter-Me-Up-p-472.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-cutie-butter-me-up]Butter Me Up[/buylink] since they are having a 15% off sale. I'm also on the fence about the indian powders and henna (i want the red highlights back...lol)

I'm on a self imposed diet until I can use up some stuff...but at least my hair will be EXTRA MOISTURIZED this summer...lol.

Uh, what's that amala cream rinse about? Is it a co wash? What is amala?
    Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
    Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
    Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:
  • labelfreelabelfree Posts: 364Registered Users

I tried to just copy and paste the words but its a picture lol :laughing9:

35jbdjm.jpg
    Finally found my staples :wav:
    mzmillion wrote: »

What is this?? I see some of your staples are powders and baking soda. How do you use them for your hair exactly if you dont mind me asking...

I use the sulfur mixed with castor oil and amla powder as a topical growth aide. I bought a bottle of boundless tresses when I begin transitioning to help grow my hair faster then I found out the ingredients were olive oil, coconut oil, and sulfur. Same thing for other growth oils like bee mine and mtg, they use sulfur so i figured why not make my own.
    I use the baking soda to cleanse my scalp once a week instead of shampoo. 1/2 cup of baking soda mixed with 3 cups of warm water and then I pour it over my hair and scalp, massage for 30-60 seconds and rinse.
    The ayurvedic powders I use are for growth, strength, and moisture. I make a paste out of them and apply the mixture to my scalp and hair every 1-2 months. When I don't make a paste I make a tea out of the powders and rinse my hair.
    labelfree wrote: »

I tried to just copy and paste the words but its a picture lol :laughing9:

35jbdjm.jpg

Thanks! I was reading the description - I think I'm starting to suffer from conditioner build up. I assumed that because everything I put in my hair is natural, I wouldn't have build up, but I don't think that's the case. I might just try this...:toothy8:

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

• KinkyKeeperKinkyKeeper Posts: 963Registered Users
    I

Yes I have some grapeseed oil, it works okay. And I just need to suck it up and buy some avocado oil, it seems kind of expensive at Whole Foods, the only place I have seen it.
  • KinkyKeeperKinkyKeeper Posts: 963Registered Users
    I

Maybe the problem is that oil isn't really a leave in, but a sealer? If you are looking to a leave in that addes moisture to your hair, I think looking at oils might not be the best product for that

Oh yeah I meant I need a leave in sealer. Actually now that I think about it I need a leave in moisturizer too and then maybe the Herbal Oil will work better. But then again I don't think so with the first ingredient being Soy bean oil. Lol
    mzmillion wrote: »

I use the sulfur mixed with castor oil and amla powder as a topical growth aide. I bought a bottle of boundless tresses when I begin transitioning to help grow my hair faster then I found out the ingredients were olive oil, coconut oil, and sulfur. Same thing for other growth oils like bee mine and mtg, they use sulfur so i figured why not make my own.
    I use the baking soda to cleanse my scalp once a week instead of shampoo. 1/2 cup of baking soda mixed with 3 cups of warm water and then I pour it over my hair and scalp, massage for 30-60 seconds and rinse.
    The ayurvedic powders I use are for growth, strength, and moisture. I make a paste out of them and apply the mixture to my scalp and hair every 1-2 months. When I don't make a paste I make a tea out of the powders and rinse my hair.

Wow... I'll have to keep this in mind for later after I get more understanding of my hair....

I got my soap bars, after I just ordered earlier this week....super fast shipping. They were everything I thought(look and smell) and she gave me 2 FREE sample bars.
    Herb Garden Shampoo bar(strong strong smell)
    Chamomile and Calendula

So you guys should definitely go and buy some of these cheap soap and shampoo bars and in the comments area, ask to try any testers available and she will probably send you some.
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• WinonaWinona Posts: 565Registered Users
    I need an intervention.
    I have a shopping cart full of sample sizes of oil in my TNS that I have been working for the last week. Adding and Subtracting things from my cart.
    AND
    I have a cart full of sample size fragrances in my From Nature with Love cart.
    I should back away from the computer before my husband blows a gasket when he sees another package arrive:lurk:

Oh yeah I meant I need a leave in sealer. Actually now that I think about it I need a leave in moisturizer too and then maybe the Herbal Oil will work better. But then again I don't think so with the first ingredient being Soy bean oil. Lol

I've always heard that soybean oil was good for your hair...but for some reason it doesn't get much play on the hair boards. Since u already have it, try using it as a hot oil treatment or an oil rinse to use it up...or add it to your conditioners. I personally LOVE the herbal oil but then again i'm not really smell sensitive.

12459237.png
    I also restocked on Vitamin Shoppe Body Care Jojoba conditioner. Its time for another dt.:puker:
  • Kink ButterflyKink Butterfly Posts: 4Registered Users
    I recently bought 3 Oyin products: Juices & Berries, Burnt Pomade, and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Whipped-Pudding-p-353.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-whipped-pudding]Whipped Pudding[/buylink].
    I've used the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Frank-Juice-p-756.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-frank-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Frank Juice[/buylink] and loved it, and so I decided to try Juices & Berries after hearing/reading positive comments. I love Juices & Berries- it makes my hair soft and smell really good.
    I've been wanting to try the Burnt Pomade and now I have (today). It made my hair so soft.
    I've used the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Whipped-Pudding-p-353.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-whipped-pudding]Whipped Pudding[/buylink] before just on my body, but this time I decided to use it on my hair. Man! All three of these products are AMAZING!:blob3:

Next, the Hemp Conditioner. I use conditioner now ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Jessicurl's Too Shea[/buylink]! Deep Conditioner, Burt's Bees More Moisture, or Sizta2Sizta Moisture Packed Conditioner) but none these do any thing for my hair!
    http://naturaljunkie.wordpress.com/
    First off, I'd like to say that everyone who has an addiction has setbacks. For all you people that didn't believe in me (yeah, I'm talking to you HIPPYCHIC!!) I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but I think for a start I did pretty good. I mean, I went over a week without purchasing one thing!!:goofy:

Ok, SO did you guys know that Curlmart has 15% off all OYIN STUFF!!! OMG, I mean, I tried but DAYUM! I NEED IT!!:shock:
    I got:
    2 frank Juices
    1 [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Burnt-Sugar-Pomade-p-755.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-burnt-sugar-pomade]Burnt Sugar Pomade[/buylink]
    1 [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Shine-and-Define-Styling-Serum-p-253.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-shine-and-define-styling-serum]Shine and Define Styling Serum[/buylink]

DON'T judge meeee!!!!:eek:

Holy Grails:

First off, I'd like to say that everyone who has an addiction has setbacks. For all you people that didn't believe in me (yeah, I'm talking to you HIPPYCHIC!!) I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but I think for a start I did pretty good. I mean, I went over a week without purchasing one thing!!:goofy:

Ok, SO did you guys know that Curlmart has 15% off all OYIN STUFF!!! OMG, I mean, I tried but DAYUM! I NEED IT!!:shock:
    I got:
    2 frank Juices
    1 [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Burnt-Sugar-Pomade-p-755.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-burnt-sugar-pomade]Burnt Sugar Pomade[/buylink]
    1 [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Shine-and-Define-Styling-Serum-p-253.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-shine-and-define-styling-serum]Shine and Define Styling Serum[/buylink]

Whats the code? I want to order too:goofy: lol
    I think I've reigned in my PJism to virtually nothing... now that I've found two products I love, I'm pretty much good!! Yay
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

I got:
    2 frank Juices

Ah! My favorite fellow crackhead!!! OYIN15 :shock:

Holy Grails:

• hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I got:
    2 frank Juices

LMAO :lol:
    way to go on going a whole week :wav:
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snappynappysnappynappy Posts: 1,262Registered Users
    dont tempt me!:tongue3:
    I havent figured out how to add pictures..:angry7:

V05
    Suave Humectant
    Giovanni

:happy3: conditioner junkie:happy3:
    hippychic wrote: »

LMAO :lol:
    way to go on going a whole week :wav:

Are you being sarcastic??!!! :hmph: And it was OVER a week. It was actually 12 days!! :goofy:

Holy Grails:

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Nubiancoils,

I can't believe you know the exact number of days... :lol:

congratulations on making it almost two weeks!:happy7:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Nubiancoils,

I can't believe you know the exact number of days... :lol:

congratulations on making it almost two weeks!:happy7:

I order so much stuff that in order to keep track of and remember what/when I should be getting, I write down when I order on my calendar.:sad3:
    And thanks! I thought that was pretty good for a first try. It's one day at a time. I'm not going to give in just because I had one setback. I'm going to keep working at it!!:lol:

Holy Grails:

• MrsComboCurlzMrsComboCurlz Posts: 625Registered Users
    I purchased 1 BIG ole bottle of Cream of Nature shampoo for $8.99...the old school version...the tan bottle w/ red writing!!! Can't stand the new version in the Orange bottles...they messed up ah good thing.
    That's all I did...i'm proud... I was EYEBALLIN the Elasta QP soft as silk liquid gel & moisture spray but I put it back---I got enuff products!!!
    and
    *LabelFree...u crack me up!!!:joker:

Just last night I took advantage of the www.mehndiskinart.com Jamila henna sale, purchased 12 boxes...stocked up!!!!
    *Cleanse: BoBeam, Giovanni Tea-Tree
    *Rinse Cond: Herbal Essence HH
    *Deep Cond: Deity America (green tub), CRN Algae Hair Mask
    *Leave-in's: Soultanicals, Pura Body Naturals, Alikay Naturals Lemon-grass spritz
    *Twisting: Obia Naturals TWB, PBN Cupuacu Butter, Camille Rose
    *Treatment: Henna/Amla/Cassia/Brahmi
    * LCSO Method
    9jzpfs.jpg

:lol:Why must I be tempted by these edible looking products? lol Soap has no business looking like food
    9jzpfs.jpg

:lol:Why must I be tempted by these edible looking products? lol Soap has no business looking like food

Dayum! That looks like a loaf a sweetbread. Where'd you get it? NO don't tell me!! OK, tell me. :goofy:

Holy Grails:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file