First day of CG!

yeslek312yeslek312 Posts: 3Registered Users
So I have been lurking around this website for the last couple days and have to say that I am quite interested. So today I decided to take the plunge! I went to Sally's and bought Biotera curl cream and styling gel. I also went to Wal-mart to buy Suave naturals coconut conditioner and planned to also buy the L'oreal Vive Pro but found that they only had it with 'cones in it :( I wanted to post my routine to check with all you pros to make sure I'm doing everything right (and maybe to get a few tips).

FYI: I have 3a hair (I think).

I did my last shampoo with sulfates (Aussie shampoo). Then I co-washed with my Suave coconut and rinsed. Next I combed out my hair with a wide-toothed comb and used more of the suave (for now I guess I'll be using it for my main conditioner as well until I find something else. Since I couldn't find the l'oreal vive pro I looked at several other brands, but every single one had 'cones in it!). I left that in for a while while I finished my shower. Then I turned upside down and scrunched and then rinsed in cool water while still upside down. Next, I squeezed a lot of the water out and applied the Biotera products. I really like how they feel in my hair and they smell really good too :) Now, I am currently plopping in a pillowcase as I type.

Is there anything I'm missing? I'm really excited to see how my hair turns out!

Comments

• trueTtrueT Posts: 83Registered Users
    good luck on you journey
    love my hair for what it is not what it should be
    4a 4b
    My routine till March 29:
    Individual braids
    event.png

event.png

• CurlayGirlayCurlayGirlay Posts: 240Registered Users
    Just a warning, you might go through a transitioning stage where your curls get worse before they get better. That's what happened to me, but it doesn't happen to others.

My advice to you would just be to experiment. Find out what your hair likes and doesn't like. Example: my hair likes oils (not straight oils), aloe vera, and tons of moisture. My hair hates: proteins, and most humectants.

Just find what works for you hair and good luck!
    CG since December 22, 2008!:thumbright:
    Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)
  • lisa_jlisa_j Posts: 153Registered Users
    How did your hair turn out? I'm starting my first day of my new routine tomorrow. So excited!
    yeslek312 wrote: »
    So I have been lurking around this website for the last couple days and have to say that I am quite interested. So today I decided to take the plunge! I went to Sally's and bought Biotera curl cream and styling gel. I also went to Wal-mart to buy Suave naturals coconut conditioner and planned to also buy the L'oreal Vive Pro but found that they only had it with 'cones in it :( I wanted to post my routine to check with all you pros to make sure I'm doing everything right (and maybe to get a few tips).

FYI: I have 3a hair (I think).

I did my last shampoo with sulfates (Aussie shampoo). Then I co-washed with my Suave coconut and rinsed. Next I combed out my hair with a wide-toothed comb and used more of the suave (for now I guess I'll be using it for my main conditioner as well until I find something else. Since I couldn't find the l'oreal vive pro I looked at several other brands, but every single one had 'cones in it!). I left that in for a while while I finished my shower. Then I turned upside down and scrunched and then rinsed in cool water while still upside down. Next, I squeezed a lot of the water out and applied the Biotera products. I really like how they feel in my hair and they smell really good too :) Now, I am currently plopping in a pillowcase as I type.

Is there anything I'm missing? I'm really excited to see how my hair turns out!
  • yeslek312yeslek312 Posts: 3Registered Users
    My hair turned out okay. I can see an improvement as far as more defined curls, but I still had a lot of frizz and my hair felt a little greasy. I think it's going to take a little trial and error before I figure out the right combination of products and methods that are right for me.
  • lisa_jlisa_j Posts: 153Registered Users
    I feel your pain. Day one for me was curlier, but limped out as I used too much heavy product, day two (today) I had a head of frizz. I guess it's back to the drawing board for you and me, eh? Hope your tomorrow is better ~ hope mine is too!

Lisa
    yeslek312 wrote: »
    My hair turned out okay. I can see an improvement as far as more defined curls, but I still had a lot of frizz and my hair felt a little greasy. I think it's going to take a little trial and error before I figure out the right combination of products and methods that are right for me.
  • kellygreen49kellygreen49 Posts: 625Registered Users
    I'm picking up Suave and Nutri Gloss soon hopefully!

(And maybe, just maybe...I can find trial sizes of one, haha)

What's your hair type, btw?
    3A~fine texture
    Cleanser: GiovanniTTTT, Deva Low Poo
    Condish: Deva One C, GiovanniTTTT, GVP Balm
    Styler: Deva ArcANGELL, HESMU, AG Mousse Gel
    Want to try: CJ Gellie, Hand Dry Hair Glove, BRHG
    I <3 second day hair :iconbiggrin:
    Call me a Curltalk Otaku. ~MirCurls
    http://public.fotki.com/kellygreen49/
    PW curlyhair
    Image301-1.jpg curls1-1.jpg

Leave a Comment