I tried to start the CG routine today.

twisty1twisty1 Posts: 19Registered Users
I cowashed my hair with VO5, strawberries and cream. Towel dried with a terry towel (still have to try the other methods) then used Keraphix as a leave-in conditioner. I also used Catwalk Curls Rock Booster. My hair seems even frizzier than yesterday. What did I do wrong?

Note: did I post this in the wrong place?

Comments

• IamDonnaIamDonna Curl Neophyte Posts: 546Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi,
    The terry towel will put the frizz to your hair Then towel drying?? Like rubbing your hair with the towel is just the worst thing messes up the shingles makes frizz much worse Try plopping hair on top of your head with an old t-shirt after you add all your products and keep it up there for 10-20 mins let fall naturally when you let it down and gently shake your head and scrunch up the curls After they are where you want them don't touch your hair till it drys
    GOOD LUCK there are a lot of tricks out there
    TRIAL and ERROR
    Donna
    :love1:3a Long (waist) thick med course dry thirsty
    Poo: Eulence moisture
    Co-wash: GVP CB
    Condish: GVP CB
    LI: KBB nectar
    Styler: CK CIAB
    Gel: BRHG
    DT: Curl Junkie
    Diffuse 70% dry
    http://public.fotki.com/IamDonna/

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/p/a/70_149/75_144/DSCN0395-vi573.jpg
    NEW PICS
  • twisty1twisty1 Posts: 19Registered Users
    IamDonna wrote: »
    Hi,
    The terry towel will put the frizz to your hair Then towel drying?? Like rubbing your hair with the towel is just the worst thing messes up the shingles makes frizz much worse Try plopping hair on top of your head with an old t-shirt after you add all your products and keep it up there for 10-20 mins let fall naturally when you let it down and gently shake your head and scrunch up the curls After they are where you want them don't touch your hair till it drys
    TRIAL and ERROR
    Donna

Help a confused curly please :)
    So I do the plop AFTER I add all the products? I put all the product in my hair while it is dripping wet? Or, can I plop my hair to dry it and then add the leave-in conditioner and gel, etc? The plop sounds like it would straighten my hair.

Thanks!
    Hi,
    TRIAL and ERROR
    Donna

I tried the plop for the first time today. Ohmigosh, it made a huge difference. Plus I used a new conditioner, etc. I used the Redken Fresh Curls conditioner as a leave-in, did the plop and then scrunched some gel into my hair.
    I love my hair today! :laughing8:
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Curl Neophyte Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    twisty1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    TRIAL and ERROR
    Donna

I tried the plop for the first time today. Ohmigosh, it made a huge difference. Plus I used a new conditioner, etc. I used the Redken Fresh Curls conditioner as a leave-in, did the plop and then scrunched some gel into my hair.
    I love my hair today! :laughing8:

Great, isn't it? Donna's very right about terry cloth. And, yes, putting product in dripping wet hair whether you plop or not cuts down on frizz and helps with curl formation and definition - I put my gel on before plopping, too, although not everyone does.If you still can't take the time to completely air dry after it comes out of the plop, you could try diffusing, at least partially, to speed things up.

Are you trying to go full-on CG or just modified? I ask because older pre-CG containers of Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner and other Fresh Curls products and of Catwalk Curls Booster all contain non-PPG/PEG modified 'cones. Maybe they've changed formulations? If not, and you're trying to be really CG, you will probably want to look at trying some other things.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    Try putting all your products on your hair and squisshing the hair all over (it helps to get the missed spots) then plop for a while it works good Remember to keep your hands out of your hair till it drys Good Luck!
    AUNTNETT
    I just got some FOTE avg I noticed that you use it how do you put it on??
    Donna
    Diffuse 70% dry

NEW PICS
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Curl Neophyte Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use a generous amount - usually about 3 pumps of it - on very wet hair right out of the shower, before all my other products. Controls frizz, adds some extra light moisture, enhances clumping/definition/curl formation. Helps year round, but especially in humid Atlanta summers.

I also use it in a 50/50 water and aloe mist to refresh hair after the first day or to start over on spots that try to frizz and separate on the first day - scrunched in and let it totally dry before SOTC.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    Thanks Auntnett will give it a try!
    Diffuse 70% dry

NEW PICS
    auntnett wrote: »

Great, isn't it? Donna's very right about terry cloth. And, yes, putting product in dripping wet hair whether you plop or not cuts down on frizz and helps with curl formation and definition - I put my gel on before plopping, too, although not everyone does.If you still can't take the time to completely air dry after it comes out of the plop, you could try diffusing, at least partially, to speed things up.

Are you trying to go full-on CG or just modified? I ask because older pre-CG containers of Redken Fresh Curls Conditioner and other Fresh Curls products and of Catwalk Curls Booster all contain non-PPG/PEG modified 'cones. Maybe they've changed formulations? If not, and you're trying to be really CG, you will probably want to look at trying some other things.

I just bought the Redken product about 2 days ago. I will double check the ingredients. I am kind of modified CG, working my way to full-on CG. I just need to get all the right products. I bought a couple different ones and have decided to experiment to see what works for my hair.

Thank you so much!
  • CurlyRubiaCurlyRubia Posts: 2Registered Users
    Twisty...yes, you plop after you have added all the styling products to your hair and it helps if your hair is wet. You can scrunch some water out, but getting the product in your hair while it is still very wet is the best way to avoid frizz. Good luck!
    Thank you CurlyRubia. And I have to say I love your hair!
    And a P.S to all... I don't even own a hair dryer/diffuser any more. I used to blow dry my hair straight years ago. Now I just sleep in a bit ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file