Rain & Deva don't play nice for me

KristaRoseKristaRose Posts: 546Registered Users
I've been using Devacare ArcAngell for the past week or so with pretty decent results. (A couple of times I mixed it with Biotera firm hold gel and got even better results.) Today, it rained pretty much all day. And I look as if I didn't put a drop of gel in my hair. It's scary!! Any ideas on how to get this to work in the rain? Is there another product I should be using along with it? I'm 3B. I use NoPoo and am just finishing up some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Jessicurl Aloeba[/buylink] (am on the hunt for another conditioner). At this rate, I'm dreading summer! Especially since I've had very consistent hair with Biotera all winter. (It didn't do well for me when the weather started to change, which is why I tried the Deva). I live in a small Western PA town and do not have access to many of the products on the board. I'm willing to try other products, but kinda want to fix this mop sooner rather than later (i.e. I'd prefer not to wait for products to be shipped). Thanks in advance for any advice you may have for me.
3B
Growing out from a pixie cut. Long process but I'm getting there.

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You could try mixing it with another hard hold gel like BRHG or you can try some Agave Nectar ;)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?p=916722#post916722

I do love DEVA Arc but I have to use SIF to get solid hold from it. How much are you using?? I have to use about 2 1/2 dollar puddles. Have you tried SIF? Just a small puddle of 5 sprays or so scrunched in after the Arc then I scrunch out excess moisture with a curl friendly towel. After clipping another few sprays around the canopy to finish. This is the way my stylist showed me to use it and it's worked great for me. I've also mixed SIF with some MOP C and got great hold that way too.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • Katina128Katina128 Posts: 560Registered Users
    I feel ya. I got caught in the rain tonight and I'm a frizzed up mess now. I even used Ouidad Climate Control gel and it still is a finger in a light socket night. LOL
    Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
    My Faves:
    CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file