Yes to Carrots?

babydoll202k7babydoll202k7 Posts: 88Registered Users
So I was out of conditioner and I went to Target to get some Suave Humectant and Creme of Nature conditioner....They didn't have the Creme of Nature, but I did see this random conditioner on the shelf....Yes to Carrots...it was sitting there all by its lonesome so I picked it up...the ingredients looked ok so I decided to try it. I co-washed with the Suave, and used the Yes to Carrots as my detangling conditioner....after rinsing it out my curls really popped...I used Elucence MB as a leave-in and when I woke up the next morning my curls were so defined and shiny....i was super happy...has anyone else tried the Yes to Carrots?
3C - No Relaxer since 8/06 - BC 7/07

http://public.fotki.com/babydoll202k7/
Fotki Updated 12/08

Comments

• va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    I love this conditioner! I'd like to try the Yes to Tomatoes and Yes to Cucumbers also.
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    I like the YTC conditioner and use it for cowashing. I've also used the YTC shampoo but didn't like it quite as well as I found it to get my hair a little too clean.

I've wanted to try the Yest to Cucumbers but haven't been able to locate it, yet.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i think eccentric kurlz also had a positive review about yes to carrots.
    i was at target today and almost gave it a try. did you use the regular conditioner or the mask?
    and for those of you that like it, what specifically do you like about it? is it really moisturizing?
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    subbrock, I have to admit that when I first tried YTC, I liked but was not totally impressed (first time I used both the shampoo and the regular condish). But when I started using the condish as cowash, I really liked what it did for my hair. My hair felt clean, not stripped, and the sections of my hair that always seem supper dry, no matter what, began to feel much better like maybe they were finally getting a bit of moisture to them. It took me trying out the Suave Coconut as cowash for a couple of weeks to realize how much I was enjoying the YTC condish.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • CurlyCassieRoCurlyCassieRo Posts: 94Registered Users
    Love Yes to Carrots conditioner. My hair soaks it up and my curls are clumpy, shiny and I love how my hair feels. Hardly any frizzies. I use this (all of them) as my leave in and when I am finished if my ends seem a little fuzzy (or for next day hair, which I do get with this conditioner) I mix a pea size amt with water and scrunch it in on one side, then I do the same thing for the other.

Not fond of Yes to Cucumbers, the scent is nice but a bit over powering. My hair seemed not to respond as nicely to the cucumber conditioner as it did to the carrots. I did have some clumping, but I found my hair to be frizzier.

Today, I am trying Yes to Tomatoes. I'll be back later to update my post!

ETA:
    Ok, so my hair is almost finished and I do like the Yes to Tomatoes. The scent is light and nice. My curls are fairly defined and soft. I have good clumping and my hair seems shiny.

So, I give 2 thumbs up to both Tomatoes and Carrots.
    1 thumb for Cucumbers.... I would probably like this one a little better if it wasn't for the strong scent.

I think they are good products. I don't have any problem with that stray cone in Carrots. It's way down the list and seems negligable in combo with my hair. I am happy with my hair and can't gush about these conditioners enough. :icon_smile:

yes to tomatoes (this morning)
    tomatoes.jpg
    yes to carrots
    me6weekscg.jpg
    cowash: VO5 kiwi lime
    condition: Say Yes to Carrots (also leave in a smidge)
    styling: Marc Anthony Strictly Curls and Herbal Essence's Totally Twisted and DevaCurl Set it Free
    I am finally embracing my crazy curls! :happy2:
    modified CG since Jan. 2009 I am a Jersey Girl!
    CG was the best thing I ever did for my hair. Ever. :love4:
  • babydoll202k7babydoll202k7 Posts: 88Registered Users
    When I used it my curls seemed more defined and shiny. I've even gotten more compliments the last couple of times I used it.

Fotki Updated 12/08
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    CurlyCassieRo, your hair is ridiculously shiny! So pretty!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • danrobin0313danrobin0313 Posts: 186Registered Users
    Love Yes to Carrots conditioner. My hair soaks it up and my curls are clumpy, shiny and I love how my hair feels. Hardly any frizzies. I use this (all of them) as my leave in and when I am finished if my ends seem a little fuzzy (or for next day hair, which I do get with this conditioner) I mix a pea size amt with water and scrunch it in on one side, then I do the same thing for the other.

Not fond of Yes to Cucumbers, the scent is nice but a bit over powering. My hair seemed not to respond as nicely to the cucumber conditioner as it did to the carrots. I did have some clumping, but I found my hair to be frizzier.

Today, I am trying Yes to Tomatoes. I'll be back later to update my post!

ETA:
    Ok, so my hair is almost finished and I do like the Yes to Tomatoes. The scent is light and nice. My curls are fairly defined and soft. I have good clumping and my hair seems shiny.

So, I give 2 thumbs up to both Tomatoes and Carrots.
    1 thumb for Cucumbers.... I would probably like this one a little better if it wasn't for the strong scent.

I think they are good products. I don't have any problem with that stray cone in Carrots. It's way down the list and seems negligable in combo with my hair. I am happy with my hair and can't gush about these conditioners enough. :icon_smile:

yes to tomatoes (this morning)
    tomatoes.jpg
    yes to carrots
    me6weekscg.jpg

I can see the difference in the two conditioners. The Yes to Carrots in your hair looks amazing!

event.png

http://members.fotki.com/Givemecurls/

Falling in love more and more each day with my natural hair :love4:

Current rotation: Shescentit anything, Qhemet Burdock Root Buttercream, Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Hairveda Whipped Jelly, Aussie Moist and Aussie Gels

Stats: Grazing APL, Dense, Medium Strands, 3c-4a curls
  • AyrdaomeiAyrdaomei Posts: 27Registered Users
    Just FYI, all: the Yes To... line is buy one/get one 50% off at Walgreens this week. Not as good as BOGO, but if you're gonna buy it anyway, might as well save a little off the top ;)

I don't need any more conditioners, but I'm terribly tempted to try the Yes To Carrots, now.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Dang it...the condish has almond oil in it and I'm allergic. Boo! It looked so awesome...:(
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I bought the Yes to Carrots conditioner on a whim at Target a while ago, and loved the results. I won't buy it again, though, because I noticed on the label that it's made by an Israeli company.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else avoids Israeli products.
    In search of a lost signature...
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    well after all these great reviews it sounds like something i need to try!
  • millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Posts: 404Registered Users
    I bought the Yes to Carrots conditioner on a whim at Target a while ago, and loved the results. I won't buy it again, though, because I noticed on the label that it's made by an Israeli company.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else avoids Israeli products

Oh yes I do, thanks. I was going to say thumbs down to it though as the last time I used yes to carrots I stumbled out of the shower vomiting. It was due to jet lag and exhaustion and the shower and fumes from yes to carrots set my tummy off.
    3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
    Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
    Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
    Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
    DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Posts: 237Registered Users
    what are the ingredients?
    Can you please share? :blob8:
    I like what Im seeing so far about it and I might just stop by and grab a bottle myself btw carrot juice/drink is the bomb!!
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09
    Blogger
    Youtuber
  • babydoll202k7babydoll202k7 Posts: 88Registered Users
    Spring Water and (Dead) Sea Water , Silt (Dead Sea Mud) , Magnesium Chloride , Matricaria Recutita (Chamomile) Extract , Cetrimonium Chloride , Jojoba Oil , Olive Oil , Calendula officinalis Oil , Almond Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Carrot Juice , Organic Extracts of: Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Melon, Orange & Honey , Fragrance , Dimethicone , Wheat Germ Oil , Imidazolidinyl Urea

Fotki Updated 12/08

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file