Biore cleansing strips

xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
Does anyone else use these? I probably use them every other month and when I do I forget how they hurt pulling them off. But then, in a gross way, I am intrigued by what has been pulled out. But for about an hour or two after my nose feels funny-tingly kinda but in an annoying way. Anyone else?
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Neophyte
    My husband does. I've tried but my skin is so thin from Roseacea that they just pull off the skin and I end up with a bloody mess.

On Ellen last week some crazy woman was trying to tell everyone that you can use ordinary Elmer's Glue instead of buying the pore strips to save money. :dontknow:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • alacurlalacurl Registered Users Posts: 1,199 Curl Novice
    I have not used the strips in a while, but they do irritate my skin a bit, if I recall correctly.

I heard about the Elmer's glue. :tongue3: I think I will wait to see a review of that before trying it. LOL
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Registered Users Posts: 1,180
    xcptnl: dw I confided in one of my girlfriends a little while ago about how intrigued I get once I've pulled the strip off... her response was "me too, I thought I was the only one" lol. It's interesting to see all the gunk- i guess it makes me feel 'clean'? *shrugs*

I don't find they irritate my skin, but I sometimes get some sticky stuff left on there. I read somewhere that they really aren't that good for your skin as they just pluck the superficial part of the blackhead out of the pore and leave the deeper part, which in turn could make the situation worse.

I also read that you can use gelatin and milk mixed together to make your own...I tried it 1) it STINKS!!! yuck! 2) it didn't really work and 3) it just wasn't the same!
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Everyone constantly has at least a little bit of oil in their pores. If you don't have oily skin, that's probably all that the Biore strips will remove. So there's not much point in using them.

However, I have oily skin and large pores (no blackheads, though, oddly enough), and those strips are a godsend. I find that they work much better than an extractor. They don't hurt or irritate my skin at all.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    i'm going to use mine tonight. i forget about using them.
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • Heather0kayHeather0kay Registered Users Posts: 667 Curl Neophyte
    I could never get these to work. I think my pores are too fine and tight but I can see the gunk in them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    These don't work well for me...I wish they did! I get tons of blackheads, but they only pull out about a half-dozen of them ever. :(
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    ah i used one of these little gems the other night...it was so shocking to see what was on the strip..urgh. it looks like little fine hairs. ick. okay no more details. thanks for reminding me about them ;-)
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    I don't understand how these work only on blackheads. Don't they just take off the outermost layer of skin, like those old "Brush On, Peel Off" masks from the 1970s?
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    nynaeve77 wrote: »
    These don't work well for me...I wish they did! I get tons of blackheads, but they only pull out about a half-dozen of them ever. :(

I've read that holding a warm to hot cloth to nose for a minute before applying the strip helps to remove more stuff. Also make sure nose is very wet. Oh...and only Biore strips work really well for me. The others, not so much.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • mandyvmandyv Registered Users Posts: 2,437 Curl Connoisseur
    I used these the other night and they hurt like hell coming off. I think I let them get too dry. It hurts my nose too much, but it took away a lot of tiny blackheads I had on my chin.

I think if you don't let them get too dry before removing, it won't hurt so much.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    mandyv wrote: »
    I used these the other night and they hurt like hell coming off. I think I let them get too dry. It hurts my nose too much, but it took away a lot of tiny blackheads I had on my chin.

I think if you don't let them get too dry before removing, it won't hurt so much.

If strip is painful to remove once dry, wet with water and that will help remove it without pain. I have had to do this several times.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file