DaVinci Code Movie

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I couldn't find a topic on this... so I thought I would start one..
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    I want to see it and X-men 3.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    The only reason I would see it is because Tom Hanks is in it and I love Tom Hanks.

I'm a DaVinci Code snob - there's no way that book can be worth all the hype. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • AjidahkAjidahk Posts: 1,212Registered Users
    I want to see this movie, but i have to finish the book first.
    Hair Type: 4a with 3c sections...frizzy,wavy,bushy,curly
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I can't wait to see it!

Yes, I realize the book was not good in a literary sense, and I figured a lot of things out, but it was still good in a i-can't-wait-to-see-what-happens-next sense. I'm expecting the movie to be pretty much the same. No cinematic genius, but well done and interesting. I don't think I'll get bored during it, and I'd like to see how they translated it to the screen.

Also, I'm a total sucker for big blockbusters. :D
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • mangomango Posts: 60Registered Users
    yep. I wouldnt normally see something with Tom Hanks in it - unless it was on video... But I like Audrey Tatou.
    3b/c
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    I actually enjoyed the book, and will go to see the movie Friday. I heard that Ian McKellen stole the show as Teabing.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    *Donning flame retardant suit*

I won't see it only because I thought the book was poorly written and I couldn't get past Chapter 4.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • MadinatMadinat Posts: 266Registered Users
    mazey wrote:

I won't see it only because I thought the book was poorly written and I couldn't get past Chapter 4.

i also thought the book was poorly written (this guy has a degree?)

BUT i WILL go see it because my girl audrey tautou is in it and i see everything she does, regardless of how i feel about the overall movie.
    4a/b
    my hat hair is fabulous and amazing!!
    mazey wrote:

Hell, I haven't even bothered trying to read it. Everyone who knows me said, "Don't bother - it'll make you crazy in the bad way..."

But I do like Tom Hanks. And I'm guessing my husband, the summer blockbuster maniac, will want to see it, so I'll probably go too.

Also, the movie has been panned rather roundly from what I understand. Not that that has any affect on whether or not I'll see a movie!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Posts: 2,551Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I read online that it didn't go over well in Cannes. Apparently there was laughter at a critical moment and I think it was CNN that says there is no chemistry between Hanks and the woman. Even though I thought the book was poorly written I had been planning on seeing the movie. I'll wait to see what the reviews are after it actually comes out.

ETA: Unlike PH I do go by reviews quite often. I hate wasting my time at a bad movie. However, I have often disagreed with our local newspaper critic who doesn't seem to like anything.
  • An AkashaAn Akasha Posts: 175Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:
    The only reason I would see it is because Tom Hanks is in it and I love Tom Hanks.

I'm a DaVinci Code snob - there's no way that book can be worth all the hype. :D

I could have not said it better, myself. 8)
    BSL of thick 4a/ 3c coils.
    Member since 1999.
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    I'm with PH. I won't read the book, but now that Tom Hanks is in it, I'll watch it - but only on PPV. I rarely have a chance to go out with hubby - I woudn't waste a date night on a movie I'm not dying to see.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    I had to take a break from the book at one point because it really annoyed me. so I put it down for like a month but I did finish it. I'm not surprised at the reveiws because the climax and denoument of the book left me wanting so I'm not suprised the same thing happend with the movie. I enjoyed Angels and Demons more.
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

Ok, yeah. Now I'm convinced I'd rather see "Stick It". :lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I'm going to see it with my youth pastor and a group of other kids, but only because we're doing a Bible study on the origins of the Bible, and he thought it'd be interesting for us to watch it.

I can't say I'm excited, but it is for intellectual purposes, rather than seeing it to join in on the new fad for teenagers.

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Eh, I'd rather wait until it's out on DVD. Husband really wants to see it, though. I might endure it for Ian McKlellan.
    I rather liked the book, even though I could see a bunch of stuff before it happened.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • blanclilablanclila Posts: 107Registered Users
    I'll see it, but it will be a "drinking rental". Based on the reviews so far, I won't have to wait long. :wink:
    wavy / coarse / thick
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am going.
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • gggg Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    I'm waiting until it comes out in the dollar movie.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The book sucked five different kinds of a s s . There's no way I'd see the movie (especially considering the reaction it got at Cannes).
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I liked the book. Blah blah blah. I liked the conspiracy theories behind the story and all of the art and architecture that came into play. I admit that it was poorly written and I honestly thought while reading that it was written specifically to become an action movie. :roll:
    ________
    Nexium settlement update
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,764Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sign0105.gif
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    maria_i wrote:
    sign0105.gif

:lol:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,507Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    A movie that has Tom Hanks, religion, secret organizations, and controversy? I am so there.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • mafaldamafalda Posts: 510Registered Users
    No way, no how. And I love me some Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, and I love me some conspiracy theories, but can't bring myself to watch this movie.

I think the book was much ado about nothing. ( I think I'll just duck and run now)
    "It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done."- Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Haven't decided - the book was somewhat interesting but rather poorly written in my opinion, and nothing I hadn't heard before.

The more fuss the Church makes about this, the more I want to see it, though, because I am wondering what they are so afraid of us seeing and why they don't think we can judge for ourselves. So I'm leaning to going this weekend as it is a long weekend in Canada.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Catholic Church up in arms about? Are they not aware that the book is fiction?

Since I couldn’t get past chapter 4 of this book, I am lost as to why people are making such a big deal about a made-up story.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    mazey wrote:
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Catholic Church up in arms about? Are they not aware that the book is fiction?

Since I couldn’t get past chapter 4 of this book, I am lost as to why people are making such a big deal about a made-up story.

Exactly. They are offended at the suggestion that Jesus was married and had children (I guess that brings into question the current doctrine of priestly celibacy) and that there is a conspiracy to cover up the current existence of their descendants.

I don't know why they think reading or thinking about this would affect someone's faith and religious practises. Do people actually say, "I've been a lifelong, faithful Catholic but I jsut read the DaVinci code so now I'm leaving the Church?" The heavy-handed demands that we boycott the movie are more offensive to me than the book.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    mazey wrote:

Since I couldn?t get past chapter 4 of this book, I am lost as to why people are making such a big deal about a made-up story.

Because if it's in writing, it must be true. :opening big can of worms: Don't you know that theory is based on the Bible? If it's written, then so it must be. Do try to keep up. :wink:

Or perhaps they think we might believe the theories . . .

I need to stop now :P
    ________
    SEXYOPIUM
    What's COMPLETELY ridiculous is that they're acting like this is the only book ever written like this. This is not the first book, nor the last, I'm sure, to state that Jesus was not crucified, and that he married and had children with Mary Magdelene.

Apparently the Pope only reads bestsellers.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file