Mop-C...is it for me?

curlygirl18curlygirl18 Posts: 355Registered Users
Okay so I tried Mop-C Curl Defining Creme (that's what it's called right?) today for the first time. I read mixed reviews on here. Not sure how I feel about it. Left okkkkay curls, nothing out of the ordinary. Kind of left my roots and top of head a little producty feeling and looking. Maybe I used too much? Either way, I'm not quite sure how I feel. Any suggestion as to how much to use or how people feel?

My hair is about 3 inches past my chin, 3a.
Condish Faves: GVP Condish Balm, GDLI, GTTTT
HG Stylers as of NOW: DMCCB, CJ CCCC, Boots, Re:Coil, SMU, BRHG
ABSOLUTE FAVES: KCP, CJ AF

Comments

• helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Novice
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Mop-C is one of those products that I work at keeping away from my roots. I find it makes my hair look wet/greasy looking if I get too much of it near my roots.

It'll definitely make your hair feel coated if you use too much.

If I use a richer leave-in (SheaM, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]Curls Milkshake[/buylink]), I don't have to use as much Mop-C. I squeeze about a dime in the palm of my hand and really rub them together. That amount does the back and sides of my hair. I had about 1/2 a dime's worth to finish off the sides and front ... all this with my head tipped upside down. I then stand up and apply about 1/2 a dime's worth in the back centre of my head ... tip back over and scrunch my hair with whatever is left in my hands.

I finger comb the product through. I find I often have to use more product than others and it normally has to be finger combed through. I sometimes use the Denman to distribute my products - but not the Mop-C. If I use the Denman, I end up with wet looking roots.

Some people like scrunching in their products. I can only do that when it is REALLY cold out .. otherwise, I don't seem to get enough product in my hair.

My hair is about 2 inches past my shoulders (3a)

I also scrunch in a small amount of gel in after plopping with a Curlease ... not sure if you used it on its own or with gel.

HTH
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • curls101curls101 Posts: 334Registered Users
    is there a similar product but cheaper?
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The only product I've used that is similar to Mop-C is Tigi's Curls Rock cream. It isn't a cheap product either, but I think it is easier to find and you may get more in a container. The Curls Rock definitely isn't CG though
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curls101 wrote: »
    is there a similar product but cheaper?
    You need so little of this stuff to be effective. I know I was using too much and that's part of the reason I got build up from it. It's well worth the price you'll be using a dime size at most it's gonna last you a very long time!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    The only product I've used that is similar to Mop-C is Tigi's Curls Rock cream. It isn't a cheap product either, but I think it is easier to find and you may get more in a container. The Curls Rock definitely isn't CG though

And Regis Design Line Curl Lock Curl Cream may be a bit cheaper than Tigi's & works the same, for me at least.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file