chained to my blowdryer

april-epiphanyapril-epiphany Posts: 345Registered Users Curl Neophyte
ok i just realized that i have been blowing my hair almost everyday. i use all cg products (afroveda, sheamoisture, beauty by donna marie, devacurl and more) to combat the heat. during a recent trim my stylist told me my hair is very healthy despite that i blow dry everyday. does anyone else with 3c or 4a hair blow dry alomost everyday? i have given up on the whole second day hair thing i just can't get it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope the exit is joyful and I hope never to return-Frida Kahlo

Comments

• QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    ok i just realized that i have been blowing my hair almost everyday. i use all cg products (afroveda, sheamoisture, beauty by donna marie, devacurl and more) to combat the heat. during a recent trim my stylist told me my hair is very healthy despite that i blow dry everyday. does anyone else with 3c or 4a hair blow dry alomost everyday? i have given up on the whole second day hair thing i just can't get it.

Raising my hand. Funny you should post this because I noticed this about myself today. I don't blow it totally dry. Only for about 5 minutes so that I'm not dripping wet when I head out the door.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • mixededmixeded Posts: 381Registered Users
    I don't blow-dry but I usually sit under the hooded dryer for a while pretty much every day. I co-wash every day and it would take forever for my hair to dry otherwise and look presentable.
    :duckie: Fotki!
    Last relaxer: Feb. 2008
    Big Chop:
    Jan. 2009
  • april-epiphanyapril-epiphany Posts: 345Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    thank you Ladies, now i don't feel so bad about it. the few times i actually air dried i went to sleep on my wet hair and woke up to a weird flat semi-straight mess. i have this theory that as long as we use really moisturizing products it's o.k to blowdry. i would love to get those deva pintura highlights but i know i'd have to stop blow drying so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hope the exit is joyful and I hope never to return-Frida Kahlo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file