CG hairspray

kola626kola626 Posts: 117Registered Users
Hello Curlies,

Once a month I straighten my hair and I am looking for a cheap hairspray that is CG. In the summer I tend to use rollers to soften my curls with no heat and I need a bit of control on certain parts of my hair, Can any of you recommend a good and cheap CG hairspray that gives a good hold but not too sticky?

Thanks Curlies :p
HairType: 3A & 3B Fine hair w/color.
Shampoo: Giovanni TT Poo
Condish: Suave Color Care
Condish Method: HEHH
DT: Virgin Coconut Oil
My hair LOVES Proteins!!!!:wav:
Love head massages

Comments

• k_vssyk_vssy Posts: 240Registered Users
    I think the majority of hairsprays have denatured alcohol in them, which will dry your hair. Could you try using a spray gel?
    3a
    Currently Using: Suave Coconut, Aldi's Biolage Conditioning Balm knockoff, LOOB, and LA Looks sport gel....cheap and simple seems to be working better!
    ModCG since 10/31/08
  • knittyknitty Posts: 20Registered Users
    I just got some Garnier Fructiese Curl Spray to try and so far it seems to be pretty good. Not too crunchy and doesn't seem to be too drying. It isn't as harsh or sticky as most hairsprays.

The ingredients look ok, I'm not sure about the denatured alcohol content, will have to look again. But in terms of -cones....it looks pretty CG friendly.

The same brand spray gel is so far my favorite.
    The Plan:
    Poo-less: Since March 09....If need be, I might use Burt's Bee baby shampoo/wash, but once every 2 weeks only
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut daily (use as leave-in too)
    Gel: Aveda Confixor or homemade FSG/aloe
    Other stuff: Aveda Curl Control, Jessicurl Confident Coils, and Jessicurl weekly deep conditioner treatment
  • MarllonMarllon Posts: 104Registered Users
    Sorry, but it's the alcohol content in the hairspray that actually holds your style and protects it from the humidity. The alcohol-free hairsprays that are in the market work terribly and usually leave nasty residues. Why not use a CG hair polisher as your sealant instead? Or a tiny bit of shea butter? They both work great as anti-humectant finishers and they're CG too.
    3a/3b
    Unsure about density
    Confused about porosity

Co-wash/condition: Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks

Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner

Styling product: Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl-Boosting Mousse
  • pilateschickpilateschick Posts: 222Registered Users
    I have been debating trying Tweek, since I love CK. Tweek is the hairspray equivalent for curly hair days. However I just noticed a product called Remain Straight. I don't know if this helps you.

"ReMane Straight™ will assist in straightening the hair safely during blow-drying, by sealing the hair cuticle while protecting hair against heat and stretching. C.H.S. ReMane Straight™ is humidity resistant."

Ingredients DI Water, Wheat Protein, Gaurgum, Panthenol, Oleyl Alcohol, Laureth 23, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Potassium Sorbate, Tetra Sodium EDTA, Polyacrylamide. Natural extracts: Chamomile Extract, Horse Tail Extract, Nettle Extract, Sea Kelp Extract.

It is not super cheap but the CK has lasted me a long time so it might work out to be cost effective.
    modified CG, since January 09
    As I am Coconut Cowash, low poo. Clarify once a month
    RO: Elucence moisture Bal.
    DT: CJ Rehab
    LI: Marie Dean Red Clover honey (in low dews only)
    Jelly/Gelly products: As I am curl enhancing jelly-near HG status
    KCCC- Classic but fickle

HGs: Aloe Fix alone or over Boots Curl Cream

PJ cabinet full of failed combos
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Posts: 318Registered Users
    i know TRESemme tres spray is a cg friendly hairspray. i cant remember if it was sticky though. at my kmart they sold trial sizes for like $1. maybe you could get a trial size to test
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    If you are only using hairspray occassionaly (sp?), then I would think the alcohol denat wouldn't be a big deal as long as you remember to do a little extra conditioning. That is my thought. I use hairspray on special occasions too and mine contain alcohol denat. I take care to do extra conditioning when I do use hairspray. I use Garnier fructis and the sebastian knock off from sally's, also Giovanni has some that does not have the alcohol. I find these hold my hair well for whatever occasion and the next day the crunch is gone. HTH.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file