bold new cut...should i???

curliejaecurliejae Posts: 9Registered Users
I have always wanted to go really short but havent had the nerve to do it because I dnt know how my hair will adjust.

Do any of you have stories to share or ideas.

This is the cut im goin for and what my hair looks like now... http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=auzennejae&target=ALBUM&id=5315884243771344017&authkey=Gv1sRgCPKi_Zaj9puqvQE&authkey=Gv1sRgCPKi_Zaj9puqvQE&feat=email
*i think* 3c: low porosity. medium to coarse texture. shoulder length curly.

routine:
lately - terri's method
~HE hello hydration, Suave Cocunut Conditioner, Garnier Fructis Shampoo~

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ive gone from long to short a few times in my life and ive enjoyed it each time. the first time was back when i was a young teenager. i had relaxed hair at the time, but it was my first haircut ever. i went from bsl hair to a chin length bob. no regrets.

the second time i went from long-ish to short was when i ended up going natural. my hair was about the same length as yours in the first pic, maybe a few inches longer and i was just tired of dealing with it because it was damaged and generally uncooperative. i got it cut super short--it was about 1-2 inches long when all was said and done. i absolutely loved it! it was the best feeling in the world.

the 3rd time was recently, just a few weeks ago. the last time i had measured my hair it was about an inch or two away from bsl. i had been growing my hair out ever since my BC and bsl was my goal, but i was getting bored with my hair again. so i decided i wanted a cute angled bob. after the cut, the shortest part of my hair is a bit past my shoulders when stretched. as much as i would love a head full long curls, i really feel great with a short sassy haircut. the only downside to the cut this time was that my styling options are limited, which means i have to do my hair more often. i think im going to grow my hair out again simply because i love not doing my hair.

i say go for the cut. its only hair and it will grow back. but i think you should really consider how you plan on wearing your hair (curly vs. straight). do you currently have a relaxer? or do you just plan on wearing your hair primarily straight? with short cuts in particular, it tends to look dramtically different straight vs. curly. and if you plan on switching between the two, you might not like the curly version of that straight haircut or vice versa.
  • Alice_42 Alice_42 Posts: 791Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I went from APL to a TWA and haven't looked back :)
    Sure, I miss my pony tails, braids that hung down my back but this change is really nice :) I did this in stages (cut half, and then half of that until I got my TWA), which made the "adjustment" period (aka-wow, I have a swan neck! and WHAT HAVE I DONE! periods) much easier.
    event.png

Last relaxer: August 2008
    Big Chop: December 2008/January 2009
    Blog: Alice in Nappyland
  • curliejaecurliejae Posts: 9Registered Users
    Thanks for the advice. I have been thinking about this for some time now. I actually thought I wore my hair curly a lot but from my photo selection I guess not. So my hair will probably be straight most of the time but I hope to find a stylist who can give me the cut I want with some versatility between the two.

Thanks for the comment again. I hope the cut goes well and will post pics as soon as I get it.

routine:
    lately - terri's method
  • curliejaecurliejae Posts: 9Registered Users
    Ladies

I also have a quick question. Would anyone of you be able to help me better understand the concept of CG and how I should go about learning how to adopt this new hair lifestyle.

Thanks again

routine:
    lately - terri's method
  • TennsTenns Posts: 40Registered Users
    curliejae wrote: »
    I have always wanted to go really short but havent had the nerve to do it because I dnt know how my hair will adjust.

Do any of you have stories to share or ideas.

This is the cut im goin for and what my hair looks like now... http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=auzennejae&target=ALBUM&id=5315884243771344017&authkey=Gv1sRgCPKi_Zaj9puqvQE&authkey=Gv1sRgCPKi_Zaj9puqvQE&feat=email

Pretty bold cut, but its so cute! I would definitely be really fun and fresh for the summer.
    ~Tenns~
    On a new hair growth challenge
    Hair type: Who knows???

Learning something new everyday!

http://perfect10beauty.wordpress.com
    http://youtube.com/perfecttenn
    http://twitter.com/perfecttenn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file