CurlTalk

DevaFuser (aka Del2cs R2D2 pitch;))

I am exclusively a diffuser (my very thick hair gets too much volume if I airdry).

Thusfar I have never been tempted by the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-DevaFuser-Kit-p-913.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devafuser]DevaFuser[/buylink]; I am very happy with my bowl diffuser. But every now and then I see a pic of the DevaFusers and get to wondering.....

Can I get some feedback? bear in mind my specs:

Dont like forceful airflow as it promotes frizz.
Am NOT looking to increase my volume.
Do seek to "cup" the ends of my hair to encourage curl on my ends.

TIA
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album

Comments

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    I didn't like mine...it's up on the swap board right now. I found it to be bulky and hard to manipulate and I still had to take it off my dryer and use my bowl attachment. It didn't dry my ends at all BUT my hair is much longer than yours. You might be able to cup your ends nicely with it. As far as the air flow it's not forceful at all but it did dry my roots quickly without my usual halo frizz. I guess it was just too inconvenient for me to have to switch out attachments.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I didn't like mine...it's up on the swap board right now. I found it to be bulky and hard to manipulate and I still had to take it off my dryer and use my bowl attachment. It didn't dry my ends at all BUT my hair is much longer than yours. You might be able to cup your ends nicely with it. As far as the air flow it's not forceful at all but it did dry my roots quickly without my usual halo frizz. I guess it was just too inconvenient for me to have to switch out attachments.
    I think you nailed it: its looks like it would be great for Root Drying, which is my most time consuming area....
    My Photobucket Album
    It dried my roots great and quicker than regular diffusing but it didn't give me the root volume I was looking for which might be good news for you since you don't want more volume.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    You can still dry Pixie Stye to get more root volume with the deva fuser or you can Pick up sections with one hand and place the DF over the section to get more curl. Also when drying your ends you just need to hold it in place underneath and you can put your hand over the "hand" to hold it there for a few mins. I still love it! I use it for about 5mins or so after using the R2D2.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    It might be worth the investement for me, just to speed up my root drying time. My hair is so thick they take as long as the whole rest of my head:(

WTF is the R2D2? You didnt buy that dryer in the end, did you??:confused1:
    My Photobucket Album
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=70198 :toothy1:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my R2D2!! Gives me 2nd even 3rd day which was an impossibility lately!!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL2C wrote: »
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=70198 :toothy1:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my R2D2!! Gives me 2nd even 3rd day which was an impossibility lately!!
    I was following the thread for a bit, but lost it right before you apparently purchased it. Just read it now. It doesnt blow yer surface hair around? I would be concerned about surface frizz.
    My Photobucket Album
    I would have gotten this dryer already if I had anywhere to set it...maybe I'll have to buy a coffee table just to buy the dryer :wink:

Rudee if you want the fuser I only used it twice and it is still in the box and everything...

Dunno... now I kinda want the dryer...;)
    My Photobucket Album
    HEEE!! I had a feeling!! ;) NO surface frizz and I've gotten a lot of complements lately on people that haven't seen me in a while. That's got to mean something since my hair has been a WRECK this Winter. Before the R2D2 that is! It's the Ionic conditioning I'm telling you girls it's amazing.....:toothy7:

What is Ionic Conditioning? Ionic conditioning makes a big difference in the way your hair looks and feels. Steady steams of negatively charged ions condition the hair as it dries. Ions make hair healthy looking by smoothing the shaft to reduce frizz.
    Discovered CG 2007

HEEE!! I had a feeling!! ;) NO surface frizz and I've gotten a lot of complements lately on people that haven't seen me in a while. That's got to mean something since my hair has been a WRECK this Winter. Before the R2D2 that is! It's the Ionic conditioning I'm telling you girls it's amazing.....:toothy7:

What is Ionic Conditioning? Ionic conditioning makes a big difference in the way your hair looks and feels. Steady steams of negatively charged ions condition the hair as it dries. Ions make hair healthy looking by smoothing the shaft to reduce frizz.
    Just took the kids to Carvel - there was a sallys in the strip mall. Took all my restraint....
    My Photobucket Album
    rudeechick wrote: »

Just took the kids to Carvel - there was a sallys in the strip mall. Took all my restraint....
    YOU DIDN't even take a little PEEK?????? You're such a good girl!!!!! Did they even have it???
    Discovered CG 2007

YOU DIDN't even take a little PEEK?????? You're such a good girl!!!!! Did they even have it???
    I didnt go in, I had the kids and friends with me... they would have revolted en masse.
    It is on my list for tomorrow....50 bucks is do-able if you endorse it.

Why that one, tho? Was it random or did you research it?
    My Photobucket Album
    That one had the Ionic thing going on and it was more powerful. Less time to sit under it ;) Yes I did my research! It's the one the Sally's mgr. recommended too :) I only need about 25-30 mins under it then a little diffusing for about 5mins and I'm DONE for 2-3 days! I had forgotten how much I HATE doing my hair every day!
    Discovered CG 2007

That one had the Ionic thing going on and it was more powerful. Less time to sit under it ;) Yes I did my research! It's the one the Sally's mgr. recommended too :) I only need about 25-30 mins under it then a little diffusing for about 5mins and I'm DONE for 2-3 days! I had forgotten how much I HATE doing my hair every day!
    I hope my Sallys has it - will go tomorrow.

THIS IS WHY I AVOIDED READING THAT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!:angry7:
    My Photobucket Album
    You'll THANK ME LATER. This could EASILY become one of your HG's it certainly is for me! Right next to HONEY and CK Baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:hello1:
    Discovered CG 2007

You two are killing me...must resist...

What else besides a coffee table could I set it on? I reeeeeaaaalllyyy want this thing.

What else besides a coffee table could I set it on? I reeeeeaaaalllyyy want this thing.
    Del and I go back a long way in PJ history!

I called my Sallys and they have it but they were closing!!!

Tomorrow....mauahahahHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Del, I have a HUGE head and alot of hair - your head fits all the way in?
    My Photobucket Album

Del and I go back a long way in PJ history!

I called my Sallys and they have it but they were closing!!!

Tomorrow....mauahahahHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Del, I have a HUGE head and alot of hair - your head fits all the way in?
    If MY gigantic head fits under it you'll be just fine! Jess the kitchen table should work. I've done both and it's actually more comfortable at the kitchen table so go for it!

I can't wait to hear how it works for you rudeeeeeee :blob:
    Discovered CG 2007

• WhatsaCHIWhatsaCHI Posts: 54Registered Users
    I didn't like mine... it did get my roots dry but my hair seemed more frizzier when I used it. I hate to air dry my hair but I much prefer it over the fuser... not my thing. I love a bowl diffuser, but right now (since it's spring time) I can get away with letting it air dry!
    A natural light redhead 3B... but for now a dark auburn 3A trying to get my hair back to "normal" and long...

Started CG 1/12/09

*Never* touching my CHI again..:dontknow:

My favs so far is the DevaCurl line.. minus the B'leavin.. it makes my hair tooo dry feeling and stringy!
    Alright Del, a question or two before I give in. Do you find that you have less wave/curl formation than with a bowl diffuser? My bowl difuser really helps start my curl formation and I don't necessarily want to lose that. Also does it tip far back so I could dump my ends in it to dry them too? That's how my Deva sylist does it and my hair never looks better than when I leave the salon.

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I struggle with the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-DevaFuser-Kit-p-913.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devafuser]devafuser[/buylink]. I still have to use my bowl to get the curl on my ends to set. And I feel it's clumsy to use. I have not given up on it but I don't use it that often. I feel like when I slide the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-DevaFuser-Kit-p-913.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devafuser]devafuser[/buylink] up under I am making a mess. I probably just need more practice. I also feel like I get more top volume (which I desparately need) by using the bowl diffuser upside down.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    Alright Del, a question or two before I give in. Do you find that you have less wave/curl formation than with a bowl diffuser? My bowl difuser really helps start my curl formation and I don't necessarily want to lose that. Also does it tip far back so I could dump my ends in it to dry them too? That's how my Deva sylist does it and my hair never looks better than when I leave the salon.
    Quite the opposite Jess, because I'm not having to handle it as much it doesn't disturb the curl. This doesn't tip back which is why I still use the DF to get the ends and if I need more Lift I'll use the DF to get up into the roots. I don't think I can have One without the other they work really well together! DF alone doesn't set my waves enough but it's good for lift.
    Discovered CG 2007

• scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users
    I have to say you guys are the expert PJ enablers. I haven't used a dryer in years and now you have me craving a dryer. I think you all could sell a hair dryer to a bald man. First hair products and now gadgets. What's next?? My very own in house salon?? Again I say, "STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!"

I am definitely checking into PJ rehab tomorrow before my husband has me comitted or I bankrupt him. crazy.gif
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
    Alright...I'm convinced. Maybe I'll even give the DF one more try too. Plus I can take it back to Sally's if I don't like it, right? You naughty girls...supporting my bad habits :happy8:

• CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    Del I lurve you and all, but I definetly need to stay away from you. You have this itch and its fatally contagious. I'm afraid if I read everything you write, my boyfriend would go broke :D
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • meadowlark2meadowlark2 Posts: 135Registered Users
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.folica.com%2Fsearch%3Fp%3DQ%26amp%3Bts%3Dcustom-v2%26amp%3Bisort%3Dscore%26amp%3Bw%3Dbabyliss%2Bpro%2Bhard%2Bhat" class="Popup

I love love love my hard hat dryer! Quick drying time and less frizz. Otherwise my hair takes forever to dry, especially around the roots like yours rudeechick. I have a Babyliss pro which is on a stand and moves around. I bought it last year when I was feeling desperate about my hair. It was expensive. But I have never regretted it.
    I have three daughters and I live in cold New Hampshire. It gets used a lot.

I was wondering about the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-DevaFuser-Kit-p-913.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devafuser]devafuser[/buylink] since I need something for when I travel and my regular bowl diffuser makes my hair too frizzy and voluminous.
    cg Dec 08
    fine to med texture w/ some coarse / high porosity 2c to 3a

CurlyCara wrote: »
    Del I lurve you and all, but I definetly need to stay away from you. You have this itch and its fatally contagious. I'm afraid if I read everything you write, my boyfriend would go broke :D
    :toothy7: Heeeeee Heeeee

Sorry everyone but when DEL LOVES something everybody has to hear about it!!! :laughing7: You should have been here over the Summer when I would go on and on about Honey and CK!!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

Sorry everyone but when DEL LOVES something everybody has to hear about it!!! :laughing7: You should have been here over the Summer when I would go on and on about Honey and CK!!!!
    Yes Del but honey is a little less expensive than the R2D2 (love the thread name change BTW). But what's $50 compared to great hair...and I've already bought CK (impatiently waiting for summer) :)

Yes Del but honey is a little less expensive than the R2D2 (love the thread name change BTW). But what's $50 compared to great hair...and I've already bought CK (impatiently waiting for summer) :)
    can we really put a price on great hair?????:toothy7:

OK, maybe there is a cap off but $50 for a dryer to give me 3 good days?! WELL worth it I say!!!
    Discovered CG 2007