Frizzy braids??

nikki57nikki57 Posts: 14Registered Users
I just had braids put in March 7 and after I washed them the first time I started to see lots of frizz. My hair is natural underneath the braids and that is where I see all the frizzy hair. Does anyone know how to tame it? My braider says a little mousse goes a long way, but I want to know if there are any other ways to get it under control.
Mostly 4a with some 4b and 3c
Cream of Nature, Giovanni's 50/50 shampoo, Suave w/ Aloe Vera conditioner, LeKair Cholesterol, Taliah Waajid African Healing Oyl, Ojon Restorative Treatment, Aloe Vera Gel, 100% Raw African Shea, KCCC

Comments

• lenax7lenax7 Posts: 107Registered Users
    nikki57 wrote: »
    I just had braids put in March 7 and after I washed them the first time I started to see lots of frizz. My hair is natural underneath the braids and that is where I see all the frizzy hair. Does anyone know how to tame it? My braider says a little mousse goes a long way, but I want to know if there are any other ways to get it under control.

I used to straighten my hair a little bit using a hot comb and that kept my hair underneath from frizzing out! But you don't want to do that do often. Mys ister uses ceramics sometimes. But now, I comb unrefined shea butter through my hair and shea butter detangler, which lossens my curl pattern and makes my hair somewhat straighter, so it doens't ftizz out anymore.

P.S. do you how to make your hair type come up automatically when you post messages? How did you get it to come it in purple at the bottom of you message

4a/4b/4c - Frizz,curls, coils and everything else you could possibly have!

Violet mauve is right - moisture is important.
    Hair type: Type 4-beauty (4a/4b).

Staples: (Qhemet rules!):
    Leave in conditioner / Daily mosturiser: Alma and Olive Heavy Cream.
    Former fave: Shea butter - (appears to be making my hair less thick - so I'm not too happy),
    Detangler (only need to use after shampoo): Cocoa tree detangling ghee.
    Shampoo: Aubrey organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturising conditioner.
    Deep conditioner: Still searching...

Hair hates: Natural oils of any kind.
  • violetmauvevioletmauve Posts: 177Registered Users
    moisturize the braids then cover it up with a scarf. This should help tame the frizzes.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    lenax7 wrote: »

I used to straighten my hair a little bit using a hot comb and that kept my hair underneath from frizzing out! But you don't want to do that do often. Mys ister uses ceramics sometimes. But now, I comb unrefined shea butter through my hair and shea butter detangler, which lossens my curl pattern and makes my hair somewhat straighter, so it doens't ftizz out anymore.

P.S. do you how to make your hair type come up automatically when you post messages? How did you get it to come it in purple at the bottom of you message

See the orange bar on top? click the User CP and you will see a menu on the upper left handside. Choose edit signature and you can type whatever info you want in there.

OP, your braids might seem fuzzy if you have different lengths of hair and the shorter hairs are sticking out.
  • nikki57nikki57 Posts: 14Registered Users
    lenax7 wrote: »

Thanks for the advice! You can add your hair type automatically by using the signature option. Go to "User CP" and click on edit Signature. You can put what ever you want for your signature and change the font and color!
    Mostly 4a with some 4b and 3c
    Cream of Nature, Giovanni's 50/50 shampoo, Suave w/ Aloe Vera conditioner, LeKair Cholesterol, Taliah Waajid African Healing Oyl, Ojon Restorative Treatment, Aloe Vera Gel, 100% Raw African Shea, KCCC
  • Nanarie10Nanarie10 Posts: 2Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi, I wanna ask this question because i really dont know if its a bad look or if its only my control freak sense acting out lol, so ok I have box braids with extensions and I’ve had them now for a month and strings of my hair seem to be getting out of the braid but just a little. Is that something that normally happens? Is it ok to keep on with my braids for another month or so? Or should I get them redone? Ps: my scalp is still normal, just a little outgrown hair but not a lot its just the frizzines along my braids

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file