Is a low poo enough after color/highlights

konakona Posts: 19Registered Users
I switched to CG about 2 1/2 months ago and I love my hair it is so soft and shihy (never had natrual shine) but it is time to cover my grey temples...kids lol.

My stylist is a good friend and is willing to do what she can to keep me on track but I can't find enough info on the low poo to find out if it is enough to wash after all the dye and such on my head. I bought but have not used Givonni 50/50 when I started CG - will this be ok after or does she need to use a full sulfate shampoo?

Any advice would be great, thanks in advance.

Cathie
Natrual Redhead with some help from the salon - Blonde highlights on crown to hide grey given to me by 3 boys
3a/2c I think LOL
New to CG but loving it :occasion7:
CO wash - Sauve Natruals Lavender or Aloe Water Lily
Rinse Out - GVP Biolage Moisturizing Balm
Still looking for leave in and styling products :dontknow:

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I get my hair highlighted, I have them use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]Deva NoPoo[/buylink] on my hair. I've done this every time for the past year. I get my hair highlighted every six weeks. No problem so far.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I color my hair and I also use the Low Poo or the No Poo, it is fine to use either one, just make sure you rinse all the color out first then apply your poo of choice..
    3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
    P/Wmarissa
    http://public.fotki.com/Keewee
  • konakona Posts: 19Registered Users
    Thanks so much. I will take the 50/50 with me and use it then.

Seems a bit gentler then sulfate stuff on my head after months of not using any at all.

Cathie
    Natrual Redhead with some help from the salon - Blonde highlights on crown to hide grey given to me by 3 boys
    3a/2c I think LOL
    New to CG but loving it :occasion7:
    CO wash - Sauve Natruals Lavender or Aloe Water Lily
    Rinse Out - GVP Biolage Moisturizing Balm
    Still looking for leave in and styling products :dontknow:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file