quick styling tips for curly hair in the morning?

Storm In A TeacupStorm In A Teacup Posts: 4Registered Users
Hey. im 18 a senior in HS (and new to this board)

I dont have a lot of time in the morning when I'm getting ready for school, I usually wear my hair up or straighten it once and a while.

I do try styling my hair to wear it down, with my natural curly hair but it never turns out how I want or maybe like once and a while it does.

Does anyone have any quick styling tips for the morning, considering I dont have a lot of time?
Once in his lifetime every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.
-Lucille Ball

Comments

• LeviosaLeviosa Posts: 5Registered Users
    I have gotten a method down that really doesn't take too long. When I get out of the shower in the morning, I gently dry my hair a little. I use some light gel spray and comb it through, then I get a towel and use it to scrunch out some more of the moisture. I leave it wet (but drying) and get everything else I need to do done (breakfast, make-up, etc.) and then spritz a tad more gel on and softly defuse it for 8-10 minutes. Over all, I only spend 10-15 minutes on it. It works well for me!
  • xopinkxoxopinkxo Posts: 2Registered Users
    ok well when i wake up the 1st thing I do is wet my hair...then i flip my hair in front of my face then comb it (for some reason that works better for me..??) ...after that I eat breakfast do my makeup u know that sort of stuff...then after everything i do my hair all i do is put some mouse in it then i am good for the day but if my hair is really fizzy i put some conditioner in it.....so ya...thats all....i kind of do what the person before me posted
  • curlie_gurliecurlie_gurlie Posts: 18Registered Users
    I think the best advice anyone can give for this is just to learn your hair. Once you know what works and what doesn't taking care of it isn't very hard.
    Why try to fit in when you were born to stand out?
    Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    i shower at night and then plop overnight, so that when i wake up all i have to do is shake out my hair to get the roots to look right, and maybe use a little gel to fix some frizzy places. it works pretty well for me! good luck :D
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• wet ringletwet ringlet Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hey Wot dose plop mean? and also people tell me not to brush curls is this a good idea
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    oops
    3b-3c CG
  • sexyNcurlysexyNcurly Posts: 241Registered Users
    Hey Wot dose plop mean? and also people tell me not to brush curls is this a good idea

yea, what does plop mean? write back ASAP! Thanks
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    sexyNcurly wrote:

yea, what does plop mean? write back ASAP! Thanks

http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=88349

http://www.jessicurl.com/Demo-Videos-p-6.html

Click on the video called "plunking"
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    After I wash my hair, I apply coconut oil and then gel and I'm good for the day. But my hair has to be detangled and still wet when I do it.
    3b-3c CG
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    Sorry about that spammer, I reported him. Anyway, I find that using paper towels really helps soak up excess water.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • unique1193unique1193 Posts: 328Registered Users
    I take my showers at night. So when I get out I scrunch out extra water, put on some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] and gel, put in clips, and scrunch again useing paper towels. After that I diffuse till about halfway dry, then go to sleep. The next morning I take out my clips, spritz some water into my hair to reactivate my products from the night before, and use a bit of spray gel if i have any frizzies.
    hope this helps and good luck :]

2c/3a
    Growing out hair to a little above bsl
    pw: ringlets
  • UnrulyCurlsUnrulyCurls Posts: 33Registered Users
    I take a shower at night because during the winter, it's harder for me to manage my hair in the morning...weird I know. I get out of the shower, scrunch my hair with a light weight towel, and then add gel. I then plop for about twenty minutes as I do my homework, after that I gently shake my hair out, and airdry. Then in the morning I just scrunch a bit more gel in, then I go.
    3B/3C, thick, biracial curls
    Modified CG
    Loving my Coconut Oil
    Scouting for the best straightener
  • curly2591curly2591 Posts: 14Registered Users
    i use frizz ease secret weapon in the morning on my dry hair. it fixes flyaways and frizz and makes your hair moisturized.
  • monica19monica19 Posts: 5Registered Users
    yay! something i can help with!!

last night, i did this to my hair:
    MyPicture-12.jpg

all it is, is my front most layers pinned up with bobby pins (on either side of my part), and then i moved them forward a little so there was volume. i used Curls Rock cream to otherwise style. it took me. . .maybe. . .five minutes or so, and three bobby pins. :)
    weekendupdate.gif
    3b curls. :)
  • willytheturtlewillytheturtle Posts: 27Registered Users
    i don't even touch my hair unless i wanna make a part or sumthing, the night b4 i usually wash my hair n put extra gel and let it air dry until its really crunchy and has no volume at all. lol. i go to sleep like that n in the morning cuz i move around when i sleep n my hair rubs against the pillow n all that the crunchyness goes away n theres more volume. it looks a lil frizzy in the mornin sumtimes so i just take a lil shine or a lil gel n rub it lightly on the top of my head or wherever. i dont have alot of time to get ready in the morning either so this always works for me, oh yea it doesnt make ur hair crappy either wen i go to school i get a million compliments n ppl ask me wat i do i jus say "i woke up like this" haha.
  • carlitos3carlitos3 Posts: 15Registered Users
    i usually take showers the night before, that way in the morning its dry and i can just touch up any spots that need fixing. i started this when i would take showers in the morning but then when i went to school my hair was still wet and when i would do anything physical my hair would get frizzy. taking showers at night asures you that your hair is dry in the morning. :)
  • Jillio89Jillio89 Posts: 21Registered Users
    I wash my hair in the morning use soft curl cream and moouse and scrunch my hair. Very easy, and doesn't take a long time.
  • gurlw/curlgurlw/curl Posts: 4Registered Users
    i take a shower b4 i go to sleep then i apply the gel all over my hair and then plunk/plop my hair into a towel overnight so that when i wakeup i just take off the towel and apply more gel and then place my curls where i want. it really works and it is super fast.
    ima 1 /2b/3a (more towards 3a but 1 like underneath my layers of curly hair) curly gurl with so much frizz its truley unbeliebable

&& still lookin for that miracle de-frizz product
  • tatcattatcat Posts: 11Registered Users
    This worked for me. I have long hair and it takes about 10 hours to air dry. (I am hesitant about using a dryer/diffuser. )

So co-washing it at night, putting my condish in and pulling it up into a twisted bun on top of my head works well. I sleep on a t-shirt over my pillow rather than putting it on my head.

In the morning, my hair is still very damp so I scrunch my curls with GF gel spray.
    ==========================
    shellynot wrote: »
    i shower at night and then plop overnight, so that when i wake up all i have to do is shake out my hair to get the roots to look right, and maybe use a little gel to fix some frizzy places. it works pretty well for me! good luck :D
    3C with a few Bs sprinkled in!!
    Leave In: Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner with Vitamin E
    288th_hair_signature.jpg
  • AmdaAmda Posts: 251Registered Users
    I wash my hair at night because I haven't yet mastered the art of diffusing and it takes about 4 hours to dry. I re-style it in the mornings by spraying water mixed with a little conditioner on it. Works alright, once you figure out how much of everything you need.
    Fine and thin 2C in Australia
  • sunnydsunnyd Posts: 1Registered Users
    yea..so im going into high school in the fall and for all of middle school ive worn my hair in a ponytail every day. My bus is going to come at like 6:30 in the morning and my hair takes a really long time to dry..im like a 2c i think..
    so if anyone has an idea of what i should do?
  • BecciBecci Posts: 401Registered Users
    Im not a teen but I have the same issue. My hair takes between 4-6 hours to dry. However I cant just spay and go in the morning as my hair just goes frizzy and the curls are flat. I only get decent curls from throughly wetting my hair.
    From U.K & started CG 13th July 08 :thumbleft:

Using VO5 Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie for co-washing and conditioning.

Using Boots curl creme

Considering going Mod-CG and using H&S once a week to prevent build up, flakes and other nastys.:confused3:
  • airamairam Posts: 2Registered Users
    unique1193 wrote: »
    I take my showers at night. So when I get out I scrunch out extra water, put on some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] and gel, put in clips, and scrunch again useing paper towels. After that I diffuse till about halfway dry, then go to sleep. The next morning I take out my clips, spritz some water into my hair to reactivate my products from the night before, and use a bit of spray gel if i have any frizzies.
    hope this helps and good luck :]

What hair type do you have? I have 3b-3c and I find that when I sleep with my hair wet I just wake up with weird flat twisty curls instead of the ringlets I get otherwise. Is there anything you do specially for going to sleep with wet hair?
  • Ryfrie21Ryfrie21 Posts: 40Registered Users
    I shower in the morning. when i have conditioner in my hair i comb my hair with a wide tooth comb. Then when i get out and my hair is still soaking wet, i comb it all back like i'm putting it into a ponytail. Then i run my gel (redken's ringlet 07) into my hair. i dont scrunch it at all, i just run it through with my fingers. then i shake my head a little and let my hair find its natural part. it looks great and takes about 3 minutes!
  • smo6767smo6767 Posts: 409Registered Users
    :duckie::duckie:My hair type: 3A-3B
    What I do is take a shower in the morning and put lots of garnier fructis hard curl gel in. Then at night, I braid my hair and in the morning I apply pantene pomade into my dry hair and put it half-up. It works really well for me! I just keep on that cycle. :tongue5::duckie:
    ICONATOR_bb56511c0b5e53f5d21289611d11a822.gif
  • AlliyAlliy Posts: 73Registered Users
    I find that washing your hair at night makes more sense, simply because showering in the morning takes too long for me, and it also means that I'll be outside & at school with wet or damp hair, which ensures that it'll get frizzy and poofy. I rinse, then condition my hair at night, get out all the knots gently with a widetoothed comb, and then I put in about two or three quarter-size blobs of Sunsilk's 24/7 Antifrizz creme, which comes in a green bottle. I comb my hair a little more to distrbitute, then I comb all my hair back over my head into a tight ponytail, so that my bangs and part are flush with the top of my head. I pin my bangs in place, then go to bed. In the morning, I simply remove the pins & comb my bangs down a bit, take out the pontail, run my fingers lightly through any snarls, and finish with some vo5 Curvaceous Curls Mousse and John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Creme, and maybe a bit of flexible-hold hair spray. Hope this helped!
    2Cish hair
    Currently loving my Herbal Essences None of Your Frizziness :love7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file