Do ceramic irons work for you?

tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
I have 3c hair, it is very thick, dry, frizzy, shrinks a bunch from wet to dry. Hate it. Anyway I have been wanting to try either a Chi or Sedu iron but I'm wondering if it would be a waste of money. My hair doesn't cooperate with anything I try to do with it. So I don't know if the iron would be powerful enough to straighten my curls. Have any other 3c's tried one of these products and what were your results?
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ceramic is the best way to go. i have a ceramic CHI and it straightens my hair (which is way tighter than yours) with no trouble at all. i have pics in my fotki of my results and how i flat iron my hair.
  • ~Curly~~Curly~ Banned Posts: 772Banned Users
    i'd say try it for yourself, personally no flat iron no matter how expensive or cheap has ever worked for me except the maxiglide, i've seen some people apply the same principle by using a fine tooth comb... so maybe if it doesn't get your hair as straight as you like you can use that method...
    "Relaxer free Since 2003"
    3C in constant search for something that works!

3C/4B(hairs that act 4b even if they technically aren't) no clue what i'm doing..:geek::hello2::afro:
    I will respond as I see fit. It should be about freedom to express our opinions, You're free to say what you like as should others. Get a Thicker Skin if no one can disagree with you without you feeling bullied and running to Admin Hellllllpppppp Meeee Adminnnnn Pleaseeee!!!! Smh
    ~Curly~ wrote: »
    i'd say try it for yourself, personally no flat iron no matter how expensive or cheap has ever worked for me except the maxiglide, i've seen some people apply the same principle by using a fine tooth comb... so maybe if it doesn't get your hair as straight as you like you can use that method...

thats exactly what i do, except i use a boar bristle brush.
  • tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    Subrock is your hair relaxed?
    3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
    combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you have a Marshall's or TJMaxx near you, they have Babyliss Pro ceramics for $25.00 I tried it on a small section of hair (natural, dry) and it straightened it. I just want to use it to touch up a rollerset.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    tgreyz wrote: »
    Subrock is your hair relaxed?
    no
  • ItsiRCItsiRC Posts: 335Registered Users
    i have the generic chi from sally's and a sedu flat iron. i prefer the generic chi, it gets my hair really straight.
    I'm going to Mexico until this bills business blows over.

pw:master shake

.png
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ItsiRC wrote: »
    i have the generic chi from sally's and a sedu flat iron. i prefer the generic chi, it gets my hair really straight.

I bought the same, and tried it once or twice, and my hair had zero body and bounce. I was trying to get those big loopy curls, but they didn't hold at all, which I thought was weird since I already have curly hair naturally. Why wouldn't it curl with heat?? :dontknow: :scratch:
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file