CurlTalk

How W-I-D-E is your hair? (this is for you rudee)

This is for you Rudee so you can see big is beautiful! :) My hair tends to get wide and go sideways when I don't weigh it down with products.
It's BSL wet but sometimes sits at or above my shoulders.

This is my hair when I don't pull my sides back and up. Also this is my doggie trying on my satin bonnet.

Picture166-vi.jpg

Comments

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    LOL. I love you Speck! You gave me a genuine tickle when I really needed it.

Ok, heres the deal: I am gonna hunt down some old photos of my hair in all its wideness glory, scan them, then upload them. Then you will see the wideness of which I speak!:confused1:

Admittedly, since going CG this is FAR less of an issue. And, I gotta say, that hip to hair ratio you pointed out has done wonders for my body image!:toothy7:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    I love it! Mine can get quite wide too, especially in humidity.
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    don't you sometimes feel sufficated by your wide hair? any by wide, do you mean puffy? i dunno if i would consider my hair wide, but defintely puffy. and sometimes i feel it jus sufficating me! and i feel my cheeks turn hot and red just from my hair sometimes! what is your 2nd day process like? i need to rewet my whole head in order for it took semi- 2nd day. if i only wet the top, it looks like a nest underneath... again, maybe its cause my hair is puffy :)
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    My face can get really hot if I wear the sides down. I just pull my bangs and sides up and back and secure with a big barrette.

I usually wet my hair every day. It's easier to add product and detangle that way.
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »
    My face can get really hot if I wear the sides down. I just pull my bangs and sides up and back and secure with a big barrette.

I usually wet my hair every day. It's easier to add product and detangle that way.

My hair is so lame that i literally need to dunk my head in the sink and completely co-wash (or co rinse) and detangle for it too look good everyday... unfortunately i dont have that luxury since i work sooo early... so i just end up throwing it in a bun and doing something cute to the front...
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV