CurlTalk

to poop and condoms

goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
I keep reading the thread title "The pope and condoms" as "to poop and condoms"

Do ever read a thread title and "see" something different than what it actually says?
Poodlehead wrote:
Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:

Comments

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Quite a few times, though of course now I can't remember specific examples. :angry7:
    Also, it's a bit different, but whenever I see "running advice thread" I think it's basically the "continuous advice thread". Dumb, I know. The first time I saw it, I was like "so . . . just random advice, then?"
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • shhioshhio Posts: 40Registered Users
    LOL
    CG since: 03/13/09
    :love7:
    2B-2C
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    Conditioner: L'Oreal Vive Pro-Glossy Volume
    Gel: Herbal Essences (Totally Twisted)
    Mousse: Herbal Essences (Totally Twisted)
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users
    Yes! The last thread I did this with was "Dogs and Chest Harnesses" or something of that nature, and I kept reading "Dogs and Chest Hairiness"

(I'm not even sure if hairiness is a word. Hairyness?)
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users
    Like Sairis, I've had many hilarious examples of this which I can no longer remember (but they made me laugh at the time).

Don't know if this counts, but one day a thread was titled: "Board is really slow; could this be protein buildup?" I thought the OP was joking -- as in, could protein buildup be causing the boards to be slow?

I was all set to recommend giving her computer a moisture DT followed by ACV rinse.... :toothy7:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • duckyducky Posts: 927Registered Users
    I thought the running advice was continuous advice too! :) and the "does your courage rise..." I keep reading as "cottage."
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users
    I read this title and im thinking its a thread about anal sex. shows you what goes on in my head.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    Hee!

I keep reading 'Lower birth rate due to recession' as 'lower birth weight due to recession'
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Sairis wrote: »
    Also, it's a bit different, but whenever I see "running advice thread" I think it's basically the "continuous advice thread". Dumb, I know. The first time I saw it, I was like "so . . . just random advice, then?"
    curlylaura wrote: »
    Hee!

I keep reading 'Lower birth rate due to recession' as 'lower birth weight due to recession'

Yes, to both of these...:happy10:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    Windflower wrote: »

Add a third to these as well.

And for some reason I'm getting Sairis mixed up with Snarls as well. At a glance, the names look the same to me.
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Meghan McCain/Laura Ingles is my most recent misread.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    What about that "Workplace belly" -- I keep having to read it a good 2 or 3 times before I see bully and not belly.
    Poodlehead wrote:
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    I think the title was something like "Somebody hung a noose from a tree", and every single time I kept seeing, "Somebody hung a moose a tree."

Add me to the list for the running thread as a continuous advice thread.
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    "Sexiest e-mails in the workplace" today. Also, the chapped lips thread was under the "do you pick at your face?" thread and once I read it as "do you lick your face?":goofy:
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Windflower wrote: »
    curlylaura wrote: »
    Hee!

This!!

I actually thought the advice one was kinda cool....something like the Say Anything thread, but you could actually reply to another person!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
    "Sexiest e-mails in the workplace" today. Also, the chapped lips thread was under the "do you pick at your face?" thread and once I read it as "do you lick your face?":goofy:

I did this too lol
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users
    "Sexiest e-mails in the workplace" today.

I did this too lol

Me three!
    316vq4y.jpg
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    ruralcurls wrote: »
    I think the title was something like "Somebody hung a noose from a tree", and every single time I kept seeing, "Somebody hung a moose a tree."

Better than hung like a moose.:toothy6:
    Every time I see the cake or pie thread, my mind immediately jumps to Cake or Death!
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    goldy wrote: »
    What about that "Workplace belly" -- I keep having to read it a good 2 or 3 times before I see bully and not belly.

dude... I thought it WAS belly!

*goes back to re-check*
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
    Speckla wrote: »

:mrgreen: Thanks for the laugh.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator

Or hung like a mouse.

Or hung like a mouse.

You did it again, thanks. :blob7: :toothy7:
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,806Registered Users

Or hung like a mouse.

sort of OT - but my SO has a friend that says... "I may be hung like a buck field mouse, but I got a tongue like lassie."
  • JournalistJournalist Posts: 366Registered Users
    Bumping this, because I just "saw"
    Breast Fed instead of
    Bead Fest Phila. 2009 @ the Valley Forge Convention Ctr!!!

This thread is hilarious!
    3a/b
    Protein sensitive
    med/low porosity/med texture
    Baking Soda/Vinegar rinses
    Suave Ocean Breeze
    HE TT Gel
    CG since April 12th '08! (No shampoo whatsoever!)
    Fotki
    I have more pictures up! :)
    Seattle for the Summer
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    It's "how do you feel about your body?", not "how often do you feel your body"

"Sexiest e-mails in the workplace"

I keep seeing that!
    Poodlehead wrote:
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    When I saw the "How do you store your plastic grocery bags?" title, I thought it said "How do you store your plastic surgery bags?" Gross! :pukel:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    I'm not wearing contacts. I keep reading "So it's going to be my first time on a piano" and wondering why she seems so apprehensive about it.
  • ProblemChild84ProblemChild84 Posts: 40Registered Users
    cympreni wrote: »
    I'm not wearing contacts. I keep reading "So it's going to be my first time on a piano" and wondering why she seems so apprehensive about it.

LMAO haha lol sorry
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,193Registered Users
    I saw "Cat-Hat Group" as "Cat-Hate Group." I was about to get upset with those people. :laughing5:
    cympreni wrote: »

LMAO -- pianophobia!
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    And I keep reading this thread title as "to poop in condoms":laughing9:
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.