help! conditioner build up/dandruff

could somebody tell me how I can get rid of this condish build up and dandruff that I keep getting in my hair?

Comments

• CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    Try a no-poo or a low poo. For a low poo I use Giovanni Tea Tree Triple treat Shampoo. It smells wonderful to me.
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    Try some apple cider vinegar in your rinse. Try a low-poo routine. I still shampoo once a week with a sulfate-free shampoo.
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Check your products for silicones - anything that ends in 'cone, 'conol, or 'xane. These will build up and need sulfate shampoo to remove. You can try a brown sugar scrub. Friction is very important to keep your scalp clean, so massage/scrub your scalp with your fingertips and rinse well. You could also try a scalp brush found at Sally's or Walgreens for a couple of dollars.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • smeifersmeifer Posts: 3Registered Users
    You can use a dilute solution of baking soda and warm water to remove build-up. If you have a small spray bottle, fill it (about 8 oz) with warm water and add a tablespoon of baking soda. Cap it and shake to dissolve. Spray on your hair in the shower and then rinse and follow with your conditioner that's silicone free to prevent continued build-up. Also watch out for styling products...they often have silicones as well as parabens which may also build up. The apple cider vinegar also works well but I don't like the smell of vinegar...the baking soda is fragrance free!
  • joycurljoycurl Posts: 162Registered Users
    I agree with using baking soda. I mix it (dry) with my conditioner (to get a creamy consistency but still have enough grit as an abrasive) to scrub my scalp. I used to have horrible dandruff build up especially due to product build up.
    Type: 4ab
    Co-Wash: Elucence MB Conditioner, ACV Rinse
    Sealant: Coconut/Castor/Olive Oil Mixture
    Style: My Own Butter Mix
    Deep Cond: CJ Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment, Henna, Olive Oil & Honey
    Current Faves: Coconut/Castor/Olive Oil Mixture, Henna, Curl Junkie Products
    My Fotki
    event.png
  • Lil'curlsLil'curls Posts: 275Registered Users
    I've found that a lemon cleanse works for my scalp buildup. Squeeze a fresh lemon, and mix the juice in with your normal amount of conditioner, and pour it onto your scalp and into your hair.
    Teenage curly with 3a-3b course curls
    Shampoo: DCLP
    Rinse Out: GVP conditioning balm in winter. Devacurl One Condition in Summer
    Co Wash: Suave
    Styler: LA Looks Curl Gel
    Leave in: Devacurl One Condition

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file