CurlTalk

Now he insults the disabled (Obama on Tonight Show)

susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,366Registered Users
I guess Obama does need to carry TOTUS around with him since he cannot speak off the cuff without putting his foot in his mouth.

Obama made a much vaunted appearance on the Tonight Show tonight (which I think dilutes the Office of the President), then tries to banter, etc without use of the teleprompter. Trying to make us believe that Geithner is doing a good job...pull the other one, Mr. President.

He wants the money back that was given to AIG, and encouraged Congress to pass a bill taxing 90% of the bonuses. Okay, seriously unconstitutional. It is forbidden to single out a group or individuals in order to do that. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usconstitution.net%2Fconst.html%23A1Sec1" class="Popup

Article 1, Section 9 talks about it.
In the context of the Constitution, a Bill of Attainder is meant to mean a bill that has a negative effect on a single person or group (for example, a fine or term of imprisonment).

Like it or not, taxing a bonus at 90% does have a negative effect. Dodd is the one, at the behest of the administration, who slipped in the wording that allowed the bonuses to go through. It's a legal and binding contract. If they'd not crammed the stimulus down everyone's throats and allowed it to be read beforehand, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Dodd, chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, acknowledged his role in the change after a Treasury Department official told CNN the administration pushed for the language.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2009%2FPOLITICS%2F03%2F19%2Faig.bonuses.congress%2Findex.html" class="Popup

Obama's not real sharp for someone who is supposed to be a Hahvahd constitutional law prof (part time).

Then Obama joked about being a bad bowler, comparing himself to Special Olympians. He only wishes he had half the character of the SO athletes.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.abcnews.com%2Fpoliticalpunch%2F2009%2F03%2Fpresident-ob-15.html" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2FPolitics%2FEconomy%2Fstory%3Fid%3D7119504%26amp%3Bpage%3D1" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fpolitics%2F2009%2F03%2F19%2Fobama-tells-leno-stunned-aig-bonuses%2F" class="Popup

The White House claimed that he didn't intend to offend. I doubt that it was intentional, but doesn't he think before he makes a remark? That was thoughtless, inconsiderate and just plain cruel. And he needs to offer a genuine, sincere apology. Even my 9 YO knows better than to offer the phrase "I didn't mean to insult or offend you". I would hope that he's smarter than my 9 YO, but I'm not seeing any indication of it. He said it during the taping, so it will probably be edited out. Hopefully the real thing will show up on youtube.

Last week he managed to insult the president of Brazil by mispronouncing his name, then move the meeting up 3 days so it would not interfere with St. Patrick's Day. Geez, there was absolutely no reason to move the meeting.

The week before that he manages to scrounge up a set of 25 DVDs of American movies for the PM of England, and two copies of Marine 1 for their boys. And the DVDs aren't even the correct region to play in the UK. The Browns brought thoughtful, lovely and very meaningful gifts...and the president couldn't even be bothered to check with the Office of Protocol to see what would be an appropriate gift for a visiting head of state....particularly one whose friendship goes back a very long ways.

And for those that will say that I am nitpicking, etc. Actually, it is not nearly as bad as what President Bush had to put up with. I find these mistakes that a even a rookie shouldn't make...it is bothersome on many levels. And it is not surprising that a lot more information is coming out of the media overseas since the US media is still intent on covering his ass.

Also interesting that the Tonight Show was on 2 hours ago on the East Coast, an hour ago Central time...and I'm the first one to mention it and I'm on Mountain time. Or maybe not...
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Comments

• ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users
    Well, in my defense I fell asleep at around 9:00 EST last night!
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    OMG. It never ends.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh, for crying out loud...
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • TrenellTrenell Posts: 3,562Registered Users
    susancnw wrote: »

And for those that will say that I am nitpicking, etc. Actually, it is not nearly as bad as what President Bush had to put up with. ...

Sure Bush had to deal with mocks b/c of the things he said, BUT I'm pretty sure his low approval rating had more to do with other things than foot in mouth.

Po wittle Bush, him treated so bad.
    I just heard a replay of the comment. I don't think it at all was intended to offend, but this is what happens when he speaks without a telepromter. What's interesting to me is that if it had been a Republican who said something like this (aside from calls for resignation, which, for the POTUS would be ludicrous), he/she would be required to make a heartfelt public mea culpa, give a substantial donation to the Special Olympics, and attend "sensitivity training". Yeah, none of that is going to happen.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • Misses_JaiMisses_Jai Posts: 97Registered Users
    OMG........... is there a smiley for rolling eyes????? sheesh......
    common sense is not common.....
    CG since Jan 2009.....
    No hair color since 2007..i've stopped fighting the greys....they always win....
    3a/some 2c
    clarify - ACV rinse
    co-wash - NGTT calming conditioner or suave naturals tropical coconut
    rinse-out - sally's GVP cond. balm
    dt - sally's GVP k-pak or lustrasilk
    leave in & styling - KCKT, KCCC, HESMU mousse
    styling loves - DIFFUSING!!! & plopping
  • Misses_JaiMisses_Jai Posts: 97Registered Users
    Trenell wrote: »

And for those that will say that I am nitpicking, etc. Actually, it is not nearly as bad as what President Bush had to put up with. ...

Sure Bush had to deal with mocks b/c of the things he said, BUT I'm pretty sure his low approval rating had more to do with other things than foot in mouth.

Po wittle Bush, him treated so bad.

ur so awesome ;)
    common sense is not common.....
    CG since Jan 2009.....
    No hair color since 2007..i've stopped fighting the greys....they always win....
    3a/some 2c
    clarify - ACV rinse
    co-wash - NGTT calming conditioner or suave naturals tropical coconut
    rinse-out - sally's GVP cond. balm
    dt - sally's GVP k-pak or lustrasilk
    leave in & styling - KCKT, KCCC, HESMU mousse
    styling loves - DIFFUSING!!! & plopping
  • EllaElla Posts: 392Registered Users
    Scarlet wrote: »
    I just heard a replay of the comment. I don't think it at all was intended to offend, but this is what happens when he speaks without a telepromter. What's interesting to me is that if it had been a Republican who said something like this (aside from calls for resignation, which, for the POTUS would be ludicrous), he/she would be required to make a heartfelt public mea culpa, give a substantial donation to the Special Olympics, and attend "sensitivity training". Yeah, none of that is going to happen.

Quick, send in Biden, he'll say something goofy about how Woodrow Wilson appeared on YouTube to comfort the public when the War of 1812 broke out and distract everyone! I don't think that Obama meant anything by the comment, I know I'd hate to have every word I said scrutinized, but it is rather lovely to see the PC police remaining silent on this when they'd be calling for drawing and quartering if someone with the wrong letter after his/her name said had said the same thing. Actually it's kind of comforting that it's so freaking predictable, a little stability in a crazy world!
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. – P.J. O'Rourke

There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress. – Mark Twain
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users

And for those that will say that I am nitpicking, etc. Actually, it is not nearly as bad as what President Bush had to put up with.

And was it right when it happened to Bush?
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    clip
    maybe it doesn't matter in the long run, but i think understanding that obama was not saying, "i play like a retard" but rather, "you're congratulating me like i'm in the special olympics" has a slight different meaning. yet it is still offensive to many but not me.

(note: i use the word retard because people are acting like that is what he said)
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    To me it just shows he has no filter from his brain to his mouth. Which the more I listen the more I see he really isn't a good speaker unless he has time to practice what he is going to say and/or its right in front of him. For you people who think it's not a big deal you're right, I don't seriously think he meant to offended anyone, but I'm sorry that man isn't a good president. He doesn't give off vibes of maturity and being above it all. He's done plenty of stupid things just like Bush... so wakeup call the man isn't anywhere near the idle you want to make him.
    To me it just shows he has no filter from his brain to his mouth. Which the more I listen the more I see he really isn't a good speaker unless he has time to practice what he is going to say and/or its right in front of him. For you people who think it's not a big deal you're right, I don't seriously think he meant to offended anyone, but I'm sorry that man isn't a good president. He doesn't give off vibes of maturity and being above it all. He's done plenty of stupid things just like Bush... so wakeup call the man isn't anywhere near the idle you want to make him.

Almost every president in recent times have said stupid stuff. Every president gets made fun of because of this. But as I said before, it was NOT the Bushisms that made people dislike him. The man could have been the best in oration. It was the direction that he steered the country and its image to the world that pissed people off.

As far as Obama not being a good president: in what way? This is not a snarky question. I just want to know your opinion.
  • 3cCurly3cCurly Posts: 114Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    This is serious! I'm really starting to think he is mentally challenged because every time he opens his mouth something dumb falls out. He needs a teleprompter, a ear piece, and some cue cards just keep his mind a float from wavering off into babbling buffoonery.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8BHyqtaECLI" class="Popup

I rest my case
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    I really think you need to calm down. Obama is not coming for you in the night. mmmmmkay?

Next time you want to be sarcastic, make sure you spell IDOL correctly.
    Meghuney wrote: »

OMG! I totally read that wrong. I thougt she was saying BUSH wasn't nearly as "idle" as we make him out to be.
    I really think you need to calm down. Obama is not coming for you in the night. mmmmmkay?

If you voted or support this buffoon, You need to be concern about Obama coming for your pay check and the tax hikes you will be paying for with this 3.5 trillion dollar and counting insane porkulus budget he's trying to pass through congress.......mmmmmmkay?:confused1:

Grow up it was 1:15 in the morning I was a little sleepy so pardon me and I wasn't being sarcastic I was being serious. A lot of you act like he is a superhero or some kind of God. He is just a man so stop acting like he is better then what he actually is otherwise you're in for a rough 4 years (or more). When I said he wasn't a good president I meant he isn't what he appeared to be when he was in the running. He acted like he was above the fray of politics, extremely suave and well spoken, etc (I hope that explains it better). I mean besides the fact I don't agree with him on ANYTHING, which is another thing.
    3cCurly wrote: »
    This is serious! I'm really starting to think he is mentally challenged because every time he opens his mouth something dumb falls out. He needs a teleprompter, a ear piece, and some cue cards just keep his mind a float from wavering off into babbling buffoonery.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8BHyqtaECLI" class="Popup

I rest my case

You're one to talk.

OMG! I totally read that wrong. I thougt she was saying BUSH wasn't nearly as "idle" as we make him out to be.

I died laughing when reading it, girl. lmao
    I am amused or saddened (I can't tell which yet) at the amount of JOY people have with this type of stuff. As if they sooooooooooo want him to fail or mess up. As if their utter hatred fuels their very being. I never wanted Bush to mess up. Wanting a president to fail is not very good for the country.

I rest my case

You're one to talk.

and you're the one to listen, so get over it and move on :sleepy4:
    I am amused or saddened (I can't tell which yet) at the amount of JOY people have with this type of stuff. As if they sooooooooooo want him to fail or mess up. As if their utter hatred fuels their very being. I never wanted Bush to mess up. Wanting a president to fail is not very good for the country.

I don't want him to fail, but in my mind he is ruining the lives of my children with all this debt and it makes me sad more then I hate him or something.

Meghuney
    Seriously grow the hell up. Again it was 1:15 in the morning I'm sorry I messed up. People make mistakes I'm human it doesn't mean you need to come on here and make everyone who disagree with you or Obama feel like crap. I guess if that really makes you happy... you could have simply pointed out my mistake and asked what I was trying to get at so that I could say hey you're right I used the wrong word so that it would be clear what I was trying to say. It's sad that people like you cannot accept anyone who might disagree with you...
    [quote=curlygirlyme;911821When I said he wasn't a good president I meant he isn't what he appeared to be when he was in the running. He acted like he was above the fray of politics, extremely suave and well spoken, etc (I hope that explains it better). [/quote]

Was this your first presidential campaign?

Have we ever had a good president then?

I'm not saying that a person shouldn't be how they portrayed themselves while running. But to me, considering the nature of politcs, it's not an automatic dealbreaker.

So far, I'm still on board. I'm interested in how healthcare will change.

Meghuney
    Seriously grow the hell up. Again it was 1:15 in the morning I'm sorry I messed up. People make mistakes I'm human it doesn't mean you need to come on here and make everyone who disagree with you or Obama feel like crap. I guess if that really makes you happy... you could have simply pointed out my mistake and asked what I was trying to get at so that I could say hey you're right I used the wrong word so that it would be clear what I was trying to say. It's sad that people like you cannot accept anyone who might disagree with you...
    I understand correcting a spelling if it's done in a helpful manner. But when it's done to criticize and make fun of someone faults to achieve a fantasized superiority over people. I think it's not only rude and condescending It's sad. It just shows their own insecurity by doing this though, they want people to pay attention to how smart they think they are because they need the approval of others. That also goes for those pesky lil cosigners
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    I don't want him to fail, but in my mind he is ruining the lives of my children with all this debt and it makes me sad more then I hate him or something.

but he didn't originally put our country into debt. he didn't formulate the bailout plan.

he didn't send us to a senseless war in iraq where over 4000 american lives and almost 100,000 iraqi civilian lives have been lost.

obama is trying to FIX the problem. i can understand if you saw the effects of the stimulus package causing more problems but that isn't the case, not yet.

who knows, maybe everything will work out. that's how i felt about bush and the iraq war. i waited before i made such harsh judgements.
    frau wrote: »

but he didn't originally put our country into debt. he didn't formulate the bailout plan.

he didn't send us to a senseless war in iraq where over 4000 american lives and almost 100,000 iraqi civilian lives have been lost.

obama is trying to FIX the problem. i can understand if you saw the effects of the stimulus package causing more problems but that isn't the case, not yet.

who knows, maybe everything will work out. that's how i felt about bush and the iraq war. i waited before i made such harsh judgements.

This is my thinking as well
    James Carville (ironically), on the morning of 9/11/01:
    "I certainly hope he doesn't succeed."

Democratic Pollster Stanley Greenberg:
    "We rush into these focus groups with these doubts that people have about him, and I'm wanting them to turn against him"

Where was the outrage?
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    hopenosis.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I rest my case

You're one to talk.

and you're the one to listen, so get over it and move on :sleepy4:

LMAO I should get over it and move on? You are the one still going on and on and on and on....and on...and on some more about all of this. It's over. He is president. YOU get over it.

Leave a Comment