Recommend your Moisturizer and Leave In Conditioner

PolluxWifePolluxWife Registered Users Posts: 11
Hey Ladies! I'm making a trip to the beauty supply store after work today. I really need a good LIGHT moisturizer and a leave in conditioner. I've decided to stick with my current Shampoo and Deep Conditioner (Kera Care) until I get more new growth. TIA for all your suggestions!!! :happy7:
Last Perm: Feb 2, 2009
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner
VO5 Clarifying Shampoo
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil DT

Comments

• VainityVainity Registered Users Posts: 110
    I like heavy moisturizers... stuff with shea butter.
    My favorite leave-in is Giovanni Direct Leave In.
    Last Relaxer: May 8, 2008
    BC: May 27, 2009
    My Picasa Album
  • PolluxWifePolluxWife Registered Users Posts: 11
    I decided to go with Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner and a Lustrasilk moisturizer. Thanks for your response! :thumright:
    VO5 Clarifying Shampoo
  • Nichole23Nichole23 Registered Users Posts: 57
    Pure Shea Butter
    Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    2a7y32g.jpg

Natural | BC: Sept 4th, 2009 | Curl Type: 3c
    Fine | Low Porosity
  • krj1908krj1908 Registered Users Posts: 80
    PolluxWife wrote: »
    Hey Ladies! I'm making a trip to the beauty supply store after work today. I really need a good LIGHT moisturizer and a leave in conditioner. I've decided to stick with my current Shampoo and Deep Conditioner (Kera Care) until I get more new growth. TIA for all your suggestions!!! :happy7:

I have been transitioning since June 08 and have about 5.5 to 6 inches of natural growth. No BC planned. I have been using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mixed-Chicks-Leave-in-Conditioner-p-279.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=mixed-chicks-leavein-conditioner]Mixed Chicks Leave-In[/buylink] since before I started to transition...about a year! I love it. I started out using their whole system. But now only use the deep conditioner occasionally but the leave-in all the time. I really do like it. I know there are some out there on the board who aren't fans...but it works very, very well for me. My hair is 3b/3c and is very, very fine.
    Mixed Hair 3B / 3C
    Relaxer-free since June 2008
    Shampoo: Deva Care No-Poo, Deva Curl Low-Poo and Kenra Clarifier
    Conditioner: Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner or Joico Moisture Recovery; Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Styling: Mixed Chicks Leave-In, Deva Curl Set it Free, Deva AnGell, Deva Curl Mist-er Right
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies. As it turns out the LustraSilk moisturizer I got isn't working so well. I decided to try adding EVOO (about the size of a dime) to my leave-in to see if that would help, and it did!!! I was so happy with the results. Of course, I still need to find a daily moisturizer but the EVOO made a huge difference!!! :wav:
    VO5 Clarifying Shampoo
  • foxybrownfoxybrown Registered Users Posts: 14
    i also use keracare humecto conditioner. in addition to adding evoo add virgin coconut oil and honey too!!!
    i also would recommend sheamoisture sheabutter leave in and TIGi moistur maniac as leave ins HTH :toothy8:
    Foxy Brown, I am going to try the KeraCare Humecto Conditioner when my current KeraCare conditioner runs out. I've heard really great things about it!
    VO5 Clarifying Shampoo
  • brwnsknlady11brwnsknlady11 Registered Users Posts: 17
    Vainity wrote: »

How does the Giovanni Direct work with transitioning hair? I have a little over 3 inches of new growth and my largest problem now is moisturizing the relaxed hair and the natural hair cuz theyre two different types...HELP please :)
  • tnaturaltnatural Registered Users Posts: 362
    Vainity wrote: »

How does the Giovanni Direct work with transitioning hair? I have a little over 3 inches of new growth and my largest problem now is moisturizing the relaxed hair and the natural hair cuz theyre two different types...HELP please :)

I use Giovanni Direct and it works pretty well at moisturizing the relaxed and natural hair. It's creamy and has a nice scent.
    Last texturizer-9/18/08
    BC-12/30/09

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file