Would this Combination be okay???

AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Posts: 529Registered Users
Hi, I'm new to the Aussie Swap Boards (I'm an aussie but just discovered this). I was scanning through my products' ingredients lists and I came across a couple cones and cyclopentasiloxane in my Garnier co-wash and my condish (plus my serum).

I'm going to Price Line tomorrow and I'm thinking of buying Dove Daily Moisture Therapy Shampoo so I can gently cleanse once every week/two weeks to remove build-up. Also I can't possibly part with my Organic Care Dry Moist condish which smells like coconut & vanilla, is animal friendly and is sooo moisturising but it has a cone and cyclopentasiloxane in it... still, it works so good apart from those two ingredients. I am also thinking about buying Loreal Elvive nutrigloss leave-in because my leave in ran out (cough/by me dialuting it with waaaay too much water and it all spilling out/cough). Is it cg friendly?

Anyway, thanks and let me know if you have any suggestions i could get from price line? =]
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~

Comments

• AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Posts: 529Registered Users
    EDIT: Okay I went shopping and was in Priceline for about 45 mins when I finally found L'Oréal Paris Elvive Smooth-Intense shampoo, Samy Big Curls Curl Creme and VO5 Sheer Vitality detangler/leave-in condish. The Curl Creme and the VO5 have amodimethicone and the vo5 has a water-soluble cone, and the shampoo has a sulfate (so I'll only use about once every 2 weeks to cleanse build-up, plus it has trimethylsilyslamodimethicone to make hair soft and shiny and coco-betaine which also helps cleanse my hair. Before you go crazy at me for buying things with cones and a sulfate, let me tell you that my hair feels so soft, bouncy, curly, clean and fresh with no build-up. I think the coco-betaine really helped! I'm really happy with this combination and they help me get defined, bouncy, springy, frizz-free curls!
    ~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
    ~~~
    ~~~

• curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    I'm glad your combination is working for you :D Everyone of us is different, and our hair likes different things. There's no shame in using cones if they work for you. In general I think cones can be ok, it's just long term use that can dry out your hair... but maybe I'm talking crap?

if you're up for it there are a lot of DIY recipes etc and cheap and easy alternatives for things. I love DT with coconut oil (thanks feral curls!!!), i love it so much I always tell people! Apple cider vinegar rinses always perked up my hair. I've tried flax seed gel too, but I've never got the consistency right in my opinion.

I say enjoy your hair sucess! I'm just waiting for mine to grow back in and see what my healthy hair has in stall for me :D the anticipation is killing me!
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Posts: 529Registered Users
    Thank you for understanding that it is very tricky to find the right product here in aus! I'm glad that you said we all have different preferences for our different hair types. I do like what I use and I won't be changing because of the results. At least I can clean away all the build-up when things get crazy!

I hope that your combo is working out great for you too!

EDIT: Tonight my hair is actually feeling a little weighed down and I think it's because of the Dry-moist condish. I might switch my co-wash and condish to Pears condish soon, I don't feel like the other one is working for me anymore since my cond. and co-wash both have cones and a xane. I'll keep my other products though because they are just for defining.
    ~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
    ~~~
    ~~~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file