Henna Alternatives

zeezeezeezeezeezee Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi everyone!

Well I'm new on this site and really love it - now I don't have to feel like I'm the only person amongst my friends with crazy hair :lol:

But I was wondering - is there a hair colourant out there that won't kill my hair and that ISN'T henna?

I was so happy when I discovered henna and thought I could finally have that beautiful copper red colour. But then I used it, and it pulled most of my curls out, which was sad. I had 3a hair to start with, but now, in places it's going wavy and I hate it.

I'm thinking of trying to use Metalex to take the henna out, but the problem remains - I don't really like my natural colour but regular drugstore hair dyes kind of damage my hair!

So - does anyone here have experience with other natural dyes (red ones)?
I'm too scared to touch anything with henna in the ingredients now :roll:

Thanks!

Comments

• Heather0kayHeather0kay Posts: 667Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Henna is great if you can find the right products to help the curl. Protein or moisture treatments and also using amla and shikakai in the henna help curl. I used to use those temporary colors...Cairol Natural Instincts I think the color fades faster than a henna but I do not think it hurt my hair; I just do not like bad chemicals. Oh, and make sure it is body art quality henna , not the boxed stuff... it really makes a difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file