CurlTalk

Garnier Fructis Hydra-curls

Does anyone know if this line of shampoo and conditioner has been discontinued? I have seen Wonderwaves, but not Hydra-curls. I am going to Target tomorrow and hopefully I will have luck. If not, it's back to the drawing board for shampoo and conditioner.
2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png

Comments

• GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
    I'm glad you posted this question because it is hard to find in my area as well. I will call the company and see what's going on...maybe it's just popular. ;-)
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
    This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
    CoWash: various
    DT: various

Leave-in
    : CR L/I Collection, various
    Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
    Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    I forgot to update this the other day, but I did find some at Target. I was so relieved because I love this shampoo and conditioner and didn't want to have to find something else.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    I don't see it all the time, but sometimes I do. Same with the Long & Strong, especially the leave-in.
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

• AnnaPatriceAnnaPatrice Posts: 40Registered Users
    Yeah, they're still selling it or what not.
    I guess there's been sort of a 'switch-er-roo' going on since they changed the name of the product and added all that other stuff in it lol.
    3Cii high porosity, BSL (when straight).
    Hair tends to clump at the bottom and be puffy at roots.
    ---
    Condish: Suave Coconut
    Styling Products: Vatika Oil, Sunsilk Captivating Curls Mousse, Garnier Fructis Curl Gel
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    Patrice wrote: »
    Yeah, they're still selling it or what not.
    I guess there's been sort of a 'switch-er-roo' going on since they changed the name of the product and added all that other stuff in it lol.

Is Wonderwaves replacing Hydra-curls? If so, have they reformulated Wonderwaves so that it's different than Hydra-curls? I really hate when companies do that!! I have noticed that Walmart has WW and Target has HC.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • cinnacurlscinnacurls Posts: 3Registered Users
    I just bought the Hydra-Curls conditioner at Target two days ago, and I like it, so let's hope it's not being discontinued!
  • FlashdanceFlashdance Posts: 91Registered Users
    Yah. I was just about to ask how good Hydra-Curls works??? I'm new to buying Garnier so I've only tried the Long & Strong before. (Hydra-Curls must work pretty well since their seems to be such disappointment with it possibly being discontinued.:silent:) I just bought this -but- it was :@: closeout price. Methinks there may be something to the, "Is it being discontinued?" bit.

Hopefully not, because the attitude towards this seems quite positive.
  • EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    is it CG?
  • FlashdanceFlashdance Posts: 91Registered Users
    Whaddayamean?:?
  • finchfinch Posts: 333Registered Users
    manya994 wrote: »
    is it CG?
    I seriously doubt it, but I'll look to check...
    Flashdance wrote: »
    Whaddayamean?:?
    She wants to know if it's safe to use if you're doing the Curly Girl method, meaning, is it free of silicones/sulfates/other forbidden stuff.
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.

• finchfinch Posts: 333Registered Users
    Let's see, here are the ingredients for the Hydra Curls condish:
    Water - Aqua , Cetearyl Alcohol , Amodimethicone , Potato Starch Modified , Behentrimonium Chloride , Apple Fruit Extract - Pyrus Malus , Fragrance - Parfum , Cetyl Esters , Methylparaben , Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone , Avocado Oil - Persea Gratissima , Niacinamide , Pyridoxine HCl , Trideceth-6 , Citric Acid , Sugar Cane Extract - Saccharum Officinarum , Apricot Kernel Oil - Prunus Armeniaca , Cetrimonium Chloride , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Poloxamer 407 , Dodecene , Linalool , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Lemon Peel Extract - Citrus Limonum , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract - Camellia Sinensis

Here are the ingredients for Wonder Waves condish:
    Water - Aqua , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Amodimethicone , Apple Fruit Extract - Pyrus Malus Extract , Fragrance - Parfum , Cetyl Esters , Methylparaben , Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone , Avocado Oil - Persea Gratissima Oil , Niacinamide , Pyridoxine HCl , Trideceth-12 , Citric Acid , Apricot Kernel Oil - Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil , Sugar Cane Extract - Saccharum Officinarum Extract , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Poloxamer 407 , Dodecene , Cetrimonium Chloride , Linalool , 2-Oleamido-1-3-Octadecanediol , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Lemon Peel Extract - Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract - Camellia Sinensis
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.