soft 3b hair after flat ironing??

curlykat73curlykat73 Posts: 33Registered Users
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I have 3b hair that I wear straight (I just can't manage my curly hair). Its been about 6 months since I had the anticurl done and I'm trying not to get it done again.

I wash my hair at night and sleep with braids on. In the morning I dry whatever hair is still damp. Then I flat iron it which takes me about 20 minutes. I was using the moroccan oil but I ran out. I tried the Organic Root mouisturizing olive oil lotion which I kind of liked but I felt it was really heavy and my hair was a greesy.

Can anyone recommend a oil/product, heat protective that really works and will soften my thick 3b hair? I only had a sample of the moroccan oil and I did like it but for the price I am not sure if it really works and if its worth it.

3b I think

Comments

• JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sabino Moisture Block. If you go to their website they'll send you a free sample. I absolutely adore it.
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
  • EvilSmileBunnyEvilSmileBunny Posts: 61Registered Users
    I've never used this on straightened hair but Jane Carter Solution Nourishing cream makes my hair soft. It smells nice but is on the expensive end(for me at least.... I'm giving my opinion based on a free sample)
  • jomar_hairjomar_hair Posts: 132Registered Users
    curlykat73 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me. I have 3b hair that I wear straight (I just can't manage my curly hair). Its been about 6 months since I had the anticurl done and I'm trying not to get it done again.

I wash my hair at night and sleep with braids on. In the morning I dry whatever hair is still damp. Then I flat iron it which takes me about 20 minutes. I was using the moroccan oil but I ran out. I tried the Organic Root mouisturizing olive oil lotion which I kind of liked but I felt it was really heavy and my hair was a greesy.

Can anyone recommend a oil/product, heat protective that really works and will soften my thick 3b hair? I only had a sample of the moroccan oil and I did like it but for the price I am not sure if it really works and if its worth it.

If you don't mind silicones, Chi silk infusion is what I use before I use a flat iron and then after I use a tiny bit of pure coconut oil. The Chi silk infusion comes in a small bottle but will last you more than a year because you only have to use a small amount each time.
    Check out my hair blog!
    http://curlgirljourney.blogspot.com/
  • diggitydiggity Posts: 58Registered Users
    I like Chi Silk Infusion too.
    3Aish hair, thin and fine-to-medium in texture, couple inches past shoulder length
    Routine:
    Wash/Condition: Jessicurl GLS, Aloeba, Too Shea
    Curly: GVP The Cream (love this)
    Straight: Ojon Tunu on wet hair, Aveda Smoothing Fluid and Style Prep Smoother before flat ironing or blow drying
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    I would recommend this one too.

Avon also has a cheap but very good straightening balm, definitely worth a try for the price.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • diggitydiggity Posts: 58Registered Users
    Try the Chi Silk Infusion. I have tried quite a few heat protectants and this is the best IMO.
    3Aish hair, thin and fine-to-medium in texture, couple inches past shoulder length
    Routine:
    Wash/Condition: Jessicurl GLS, Aloeba, Too Shea
    Curly: GVP The Cream (love this)
    Straight: Ojon Tunu on wet hair, Aveda Smoothing Fluid and Style Prep Smoother before flat ironing or blow drying

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file