Cut...or not?

curlygirl18curlygirl18 Registered Users Posts: 355
Help! (This may be kind of long!) I joined this site yesterday but have been doing CG for a little over a month ... long story short, after reading here yesterday and talking to people, I have had to start over since my condish had -cone in it and my gel had a sulfate that was not good. SO! I am in this non-stop debate over whether to cut my hair!

I'm not sure if you can tell how long from the picture, but it has taken me two years to get this long and I am getting so tired of it. Probably because CG is not working for me yet! The back looks awesome but the fronts and SIDES!! are usually flat and it just hangs there with no volume. But when I have short hair it's all bouncy and curly and springy and perfect all around.

However! I have not had long hair for almost 10 years and maybe I am just not doing it right and should not give up on the CG routine just yet, considering I did have to start over yesterday. Perhaps it will look beautiful if I give it more time.

I don't want to give up if I have not gotten that far into the CG routine yet. But I'm thinking maybe since my hair is longer, the curls just are grown out and pulled down and I will never have the look I want that so many of you have.

Any advice? Sorry so long!
Condish Faves: GVP Condish Balm, GDLI, GTTTT
HG Stylers as of NOW: DMCCB, CJ CCCC, Boots, Re:Coil, SMU, BRHG
ABSOLUTE FAVES: KCP, CJ AF

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Do you have layers? You may need a haircut add layers and lighten the "load" a bit. That doesn't mean you have to go short or loose a lot of length. You need a stylist who knows how to cut curly hair.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlygirl18curlygirl18 Registered Users Posts: 355
    Yes, I do have layers. In fact, I just had a cut a couple of weeks ago to define the layers a bit more and cut off some dry ends.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    A good cut is the foundation. If you have the cut, then it's time to explore the products and techniques. You should find someone who has hair similar to yours and "stalk" them on the boards. Look at what products they are using (most of us have it in our signatures) and techniques they discuss. You can use the search function to check out the posts, etc. That's a good way to learn.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlygirl18curlygirl18 Registered Users Posts: 355
    Okay, thanks. I just feel as though I should try everything before cutting it. I don't want to give up too soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file