Salon highlights without straying from CG routine?

lovemywaves!lovemywaves! Posts: 5Registered Users
I usually go every 3 months to get my hair highlighted at the salon. My roots are looking pretty bad and I really need to go in for another highlight touch-up. I've been shampoo-less for 2 weeks now and I really don't want to start over. Those of you that get color at a salon, what do you do? Do you take your own products to the salon? Should I call my stylist to find out the ingredients in the color they use?

Comments

• jomar_hairjomar_hair Posts: 132Registered Users
    I usually go every 3 months to get my hair highlighted at the salon. My roots are looking pretty bad and I really need to go in for another highlight touch-up. I've been shampoo-less for 2 weeks now and I really don't want to start over. Those of you that get color at a salon, what do you do? Do you take your own products to the salon? Should I call my stylist to find out the ingredients in the color they use?

I know some people bring their own products and their stylists are OK with it.
    Check out my hair blog!
    http://curlgirljourney.blogspot.com/
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    Hair color of any kind will never be truly CG because of the bleach that goes into hair color. Highlights in paritcular are pretty much straigh bleach. However, that said your colorist can, if you ask for a consultation first, care for your hair at the salon the way you would at home (e.g. no shampoo)
  • konakona Posts: 19Registered Users
    I am taking my own products. My stylist is a friend and she is fine with that. I would say if you have been going to her long enough she should be fine with that.

In fact I just posted (more for her) to find out if the low poo is enough after because she is suportive of my choice and wants to help.

Good luck.

Cathie
    Natrual Redhead with some help from the salon - Blonde highlights on crown to hide grey given to me by 3 boys
    3a/2c I think LOL
    New to CG but loving it :occasion7:
    CO wash - Sauve Natruals Lavender or Aloe Water Lily
    Rinse Out - GVP Biolage Moisturizing Balm
    Still looking for leave in and styling products :dontknow:
  • lovemywaves!lovemywaves! Posts: 5Registered Users
    I went in yesterday to get my highlights and took my own products, including the lowpoo that I use on my daughter (california baby shampoo). My stylist was very accomodating and intrigued by the curly girl routine and is going to look into it as well (she has really thick curly hair). She couldn't get over how soft my hair felt, and how shiny it was!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file