Technically how much will i lose then?

OdisseyOdissey Posts: 24Registered Users
I'm getting a little confused with the whole counting calories thing. I do know that 3500 = 1 pound of fat.
So i've been eating between 1000-1200 calories and I've been working out for 2 hours 4 times a week. Possibly every gym session i burn 800 calories.

So in a week , according to calculation , how much will i be loosing per week?
I was known as O d d i s e y ~:toothy4:

Comments

• mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    I don't know the answer to your specific question, but I do know that your calorie intake is too low, it's not healthy. You may lose weight, but you are losing valuable muscle instead of fat.

I highly recommend raising your calorie intake before you starve yourself. Even when you lose the weight, you can't keep it off because you can't exist on 1000 to 1200 calories for the rest of your life.

Eat, girl! You will still lose weight AND be healthy.
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    It does sound like you're eating too few calories for your activity level.

Regardless, we can't tell you how much you'll lose per week because we don't know your starting weight, caloric intake, or activity level. A good rule of thumb is to create a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day, which will have you losing 1 lb per week (500 calories x 7 days = 3500 calories). You could do that by reducing your caloric intake by 200 calories per day and burning 300 calories in your workout each day.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Posts: 1,042Registered Users
    it's been a week , i don't think im loosing weight. I'm so pissed.
    And the end of the day , all you've got is yourself..:headbang:
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good god, give it some time! ;)
    :( :goofy:
    You are starving your body with your too-low caloric intake. You are putting terrible stress on the body and it will hold on to as much fat as it can to prevent itself from starving. Listen to your body not your head - eat more.
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

mpgirl wrote: »
    Listen to your body not your head - eat more.

Yeah, this too.

Seriously, oddisy.
    I never knew that! I mean
    it will hold on to as much fat as it can to prevent itself from starving

Is that why , the freaking weighing scale is still showing 54kg despite 8 hours of gym last week?
    :(

i expected it to be 53.

wild hair , tell me your diet. Maybe i can customize mine accordingly.
    First of all, the body is an intelligent and wonderful thing. It repairs itself, adjusts itself and compensates for everything we do to it. We can sometimes trick it into doing things for us but we can't abuse it and expect it to not fight back.

We really need to know what you're starting with in order to make recommendations on an eating plan, exercise and realistic goal setting.

Tell us your age, weight, height and what you would like to accomplish in weight loss. Are you a vegetarian or a meat eater? Then we can help you to determine the best way to accomplish it. this is important because what works for wild hair or myself might not be best for you.
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

• LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Listen to mpgirl and Pixiecurl- their advice and information is right on.

Keeping your calories that low and working out that much is just going to result in frustration, hunger -- and little to no results.

Find out how many calories you need to lose fat via the calorie calculator on this site.
    www.freedieting.com

Good luck!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I never knew that! I mean
    it will hold on to as much fat as it can to prevent itself from starving

Is that why , the freaking weighing scale is still showing 54kg despite 8 hours of gym last week?
    :(

i expected it to be 53.

119-120 lbs? How tall are you? Sounds like weight lifting would be better to give you lean muscle mass. Muscle = better shape and you can eat more. Muscle burn more calories.
    I agree with Speckla. Weight training builds muscle (if you are getting enough nutritionally) and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn just sitting still! A cardio routine is also important, since it burns fat and builds your heart muscle (among several other things).

I lift 3 days a week and do cardio 3 days a week. For me, balance is key. I eat well, am on a good supplementation plan for me and work out consistently. I never deprive myself. It is NOT about losing total number of pounds, it is about dropping body fat, gaining muscle and shaping my body so it looks great in my clothing. I do not live and die by the scale.

Just my opinion.
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

I'm 54 kg's and I'm measure about 5feet 2 inches. Hence i can feel the "roundness". I'm 27 and i am a meat eater. ;)

I'm a vegetarian, so I'm not sure you'd like my diet. :wink:

And how do you know I'm of a good weight, anyway? :wink: Maybe I'm overweight? [I'm not, but I've not said so here until now.]

But FWIW, I eat nuts, lots of fruit and veg, leafy green stuff, yogurt, things made with legumes, whole grains. Keep it pretty healthy. I like to indulge in pizza, beer, wine, chocolate, but in moderation. I don't keep sweets and hi carb or hi fat snacks around the hosue. If I want that stuff, I go buy it in a small portion, enjoy it, and then I'm done.

I don't really watch my diet too closely because I do ashtanga yoga and that tends to keep my weight pretty managable.
    mpgirl wrote: »
    I eat well, am on a good supplementation plan for me and work out consistently. I never deprive myself. It is NOT about losing total number of pounds, it is about dropping body fat, gaining muscle and shaping my body so it looks great in my clothing. I do not live and die by the scale.

Just my opinion.

Yes, this.

I have a scale, but I never use it. It's crazy making. I go by the way my clothes fit. If they fit too snugly, I try to eat more veggies and less bread and sweets [my weaknesses] and exercise even more consistently.
    I weigh 142 lbs. and I am 65" tall and I am 51 years old.'

I have always lifted but I have really concentrated on my health for the last few years. I am a fanatic about nutrition and eat as organically as I can afford. The rest I buy at farmer's markets during the season. I don't deprive myself of foods that I consider of low benefit, but if I do feel like eating them, I do it and move on.

I eat real food. If it is frozen or comes in a can or a box I don't eat it. I don't deprive myself either, occasionally I will have a sweet or even a wheat product but I don't drink soda and I never eat fast food and I avoid anything that has been processed (breads, etc.) and I don't do a lot of root vegetables (carrots, potatoes, etc.) Mostly, it's lean meats, fruits, vegetables and some nuts.

I drink a lot of filtered water. I drink at least .5 ozs of water per 1 lb. of body weight. I drink at least 70 oz. of water each day. Since I'm active I shoot for 3-32oz. bottles each day and call it good.

I take good supplements. I take 2000 mg. of Carlson's Fish oil, BodyHealth Complete+Detox (this is a great multi-vitamin that includes antioxidants (blues&reds +liver support to handle the toxic load the liver has to filter) and MAP (an amino acid blend that allows me to absorb 99% as protein. This is a great product for vegetarians since it has no animal products in it, but it is a very effective and efficient way of getting your RDA of protein. There's nothing else like it. I highly recommend it especially if you work out. The body needs protein to repair itself - for everything.

I exercise. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you move your body. There are some systems of the body that are only stimulated when your body moves strenuously (lymph). I lift weights 3 days and do cardio 3 days each week. Maybe for you, it's a nightly walk. Anything to wake up your body.

Sleep. Sleep is when your body repairs itself. Sleep deficits affect your entire well-being. If you are already depleted from bad nutrition and lack of sleep your poor body is always working from a deficit. It robs Peter to pay Paul. If you need protein to repair your cells and you aren't getting enough, guess what suffers first? Your hair, skin and nails. There is an order to everything in the body; the most important things get the attention first.

I hope some of these responses are helpful. Sometimes you need to compare yourself to others to determine where you should be.

Good health is a lifestyle, not a diet.
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG