How do I style My hair?

strawberryangel83strawberryangel83 Registered Users Posts: 92
I have been no perm since August. I have type 4a hair.

Does the shake and go work well with part natural and part relaxed hair?

How do i do a puff when my twist outs do not come out right?

Speaking of twist outs, mine went horrible wrong all five times i tried. here is my routine:
I nopoo with creme of nature herbal conditioner and soft and beautiful conditioner. i let one of them sit in my hair while i am heating up my hot oil treatment and etc. i let my hot oil (cholesterol) sit in for about 25 minutes. i rinse my hair with warm water. i put in fructis sleek and shine leave in conditioner. i then put on sleek and shine antifrizz serum. and i twist. go to sleep. take hair down. and watch my mom look at me like i am crazy as she walks by my bedroom door . . . . . . . .

Comments

• DivaGyrlDivaGyrl Registered Users Posts: 84
    Since you're part natural/part relaxed, it sounds as though your ends are still straight.. if you're attempting a twist out, and aren't ready to cut, I would suggest rolling the ends on perm rods to hide the difference in texture between the new growth and the relaxed ends. The other alternative would be to cut off your relaxed ends or if you're not ready, you can do trims. I would also suggest actually washing your hair as opposed to a no-poo (especially at this point), but everyone's opinion on poo/no-poo differs.
  • strawberryangel83strawberryangel83 Registered Users Posts: 92
    DivaGyrl wrote: »
    Since you're part natural/part relaxed, it sounds as though your ends are still straight.. if you're attempting a twist out, and aren't ready to cut, I would suggest rolling the ends on perm rods to hide the difference in texture between the new growth and the relaxed ends. The other alternative would be to cut off your relaxed ends or if you're not ready, you can do trims. I would also suggest actually washing your hair as opposed to a no-poo (especially at this point), but everyone's opinion on poo/no-poo differs.

ok, so twist to the end of the natural strands. roll the rest with perm rods?
  • DivaGyrlDivaGyrl Registered Users Posts: 84
    Yes, twist the hair all the way down and set the ends on perm rods. Hope this helps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file