CurlTalk

black friend finder

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
watch the video. Discuss. laugh. overreact. get offended. Be indifferent. Whatever.
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]


Comments

  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    that was funny, except the end part.

    i loved the part about the hair touching! just this very morning my daughter told me that a friend of hers irritated her.

    daughter: so i slicked back my hair really tight in a ponytail but wore the back of it out and when i saw ashley she said, "HI!!!!" and rubbed her hands back and forth on my head...not the part that was out but the slicked back part.
    (the look on my daughter's face was like total horror, like why would any sane person do that?)

    me: oh, she's white, she doesn't know. for her if you mess up her hair she can just brush it back with her hands. she doesn't know you spent forever trying to get it just perfectly straight.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    FreeCurls wrote: »
    watch the video. Discuss. laugh. overreact. get offended. Be indifferent. Whatever.

    I already have a Black friend. Do I still need to watch the video?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Rock on with your bad self.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    i need some extra cash. what's that number again?
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Hilarious! I liked the way the receptionist had trouble keeping a straight face.

    (I hate it when people touch my hair, too. Sometimes I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "You're going to mess it up!" It's just so...intrusive.)
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    frau wrote: »
    that was funny, except the end part.

    i loved the part about the hair touching! just this very morning my daughter told me that a friend of hers irritated her.

    daughter: so i slicked back my hair really tight in a ponytail but wore the back of it out and when i saw ashley she said, "HI!!!!" and rubbed her hands back and forth on my head...not the part that was out but the slicked back part.
    (the look on my daughter's face was like total horror, like why would any sane person do that?)

    me: oh, she's white, she doesn't know. for her if you mess up her hair she can just brush it back with her hands. she doesn't know you spent forever trying to get it just perfectly straight.


    LOL, I think the hair rule can be applied to most curlies as well. I hate hair touchers!
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Hilarious! I liked the way the receptionist had trouble keeping a straight face.

    (I hate it when people touch my hair, too. Sometimes I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "You're going to mess it up!" It's just so...intrusive.)

    I do too, but in my experience it's more likely to be a black person. It has happened to me--and then the woman pulled out her hand like "Oh! That's really your hair." I think she was expecting a weave. :disgust::afro:
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    gemini wrote: »
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Hilarious! I liked the way the receptionist had trouble keeping a straight face.

    (I hate it when people touch my hair, too. Sometimes I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "You're going to mess it up!" It's just so...intrusive.)

    I do too, but in my experience it's more likely to be a black person. It has happened to me--and then the woman pulled out her hand like "Oh! That's really your hair." I think she was expecting a weave. :disgust::afro:
    thats happened to me before. not cool. and i usually do say, "cut it out youre going to mess up my hair!," as im bobbing and weaving trying to avoid their hand.
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    yeah, i guess i was generalizing there.
  • Aphro-DeeziacAphro-Deeziac Posts: 983Registered Users
    okay, that was hysterical.
    26560_1412644406072_1531382664_31035658_3971206_n.jpg
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    subbrock wrote: »
    gemini wrote: »
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Hilarious! I liked the way the receptionist had trouble keeping a straight face.

    (I hate it when people touch my hair, too. Sometimes I literally have to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "You're going to mess it up!" It's just so...intrusive.)

    I do too, but in my experience it's more likely to be a black person. It has happened to me--and then the woman pulled out her hand like "Oh! That's really your hair." I think she was expecting a weave. :disgust::afro:
    thats happened to me before. not cool. and i usually do say, "cut it out youre going to mess up my hair!," as im bobbing and weaving trying to avoid their hand.

    She was too quick for me. We had just been introduced and the next thing I knew, her hand was knuckle deep in my hair.

    I really do get wanting to touch people's hair, but at least get to know me, ask permission or buy me a drink first!
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    gemini wrote: »
    subbrock wrote: »
    gemini wrote: »

    I do too, but in my experience it's more likely to be a black person. It has happened to me--and then the woman pulled out her hand like "Oh! That's really your hair." I think she was expecting a weave. :disgust::afro:
    thats happened to me before. not cool. and i usually do say, "cut it out youre going to mess up my hair!," as im bobbing and weaving trying to avoid their hand.

    She was too quick for me. We had just been introduced and the next thing I knew, her hand was knuckle deep in my hair.

    I really do get wanting to touch people's hair, but at least get to know me, ask permission or buy me a drink first!


    Damn, that would piss me off!! I don't get it at all..I don't even like bf touching my hair. Only if I know it's gonna get washed before being seen in public. I'm not sure why anyone would want to touch my hair anyways, it's not like it's soft, silky and u can put your hands through it..then I'd get it. Sorry for the guano....I haven't been able to watch the video yet, my soundcard on this computer isn't working for now.
  • SpringcurlSpringcurl Posts: 8,002Registered Users
    Loved it.
    TWINKLES.gifTWINKLES.gifTWINKLES.gif

    Obamacare is not a blueprint for socialism. You're thinking of the New Testament. ~~ John Fugelsang



  • Vagabond DavotchkaVagabond Davotchka Banned Posts: 156Banned Users
    I need a white friend. Male. Tall. Blond. Plenty of money. Good credit. Works with Wallstreet. Very familiar with computers(hacking). Willing to cosign. And Willing to loan(give) money.

    Where is 'white friend finder' when you need one.
    Veteran Napp! 12 years Strong!


    MX-1-1.jpg?t=12369721561749858504-7528b-1-1-1.jpg?t=1236972254
    My most admired and favorite felons!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I need a white friend. Male. Tall. Blond. Plenty of money. Good credit. Works with Wallstreet. Very familiar with computers(hacking). Willing to cosign. And Willing to loan(give) money.

    Where is 'white friend finder' when you need one.

    I need one of those friends, as well. I wouldn't care about the color.
    From Michael Berg:

    Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    I need a white friend. Male. Tall. Blond. Plenty of money. Good credit. Works with Wallstreet. Very familiar with computers(hacking). Willing to cosign. And Willing to loan(give) money.

    Where is 'white friend finder' when you need one.

    its called nc.com and not to mention, it is male-week here...

    j/k



    kind of.