CurlTalk

If you're interested in the vaccine question...

mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
Now why would the government do that? This has to make you wonder why the government is sending such mixed signals, huh?

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.optimumhealthreport.com%2Farticles%2Fmmr.asp" class="Popup

Funny how once the thermisol was removed from vaccines, new autism rates dropped. Hmmm. Know any 20 year old autistic people?:sad1:
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Picasa:
Link
Deva Low Poo
Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG


Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

Comments

  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    The study that provided the basis for the alleged autism-vaccine link has been fully debunked. The man responsible is a fraud who allows other people's children to die of preventable illness for the sake of his own fame. HTH.
  • newcurlynewcurly Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    mpgirl wrote: »
    Now why would the government do that? This has to make you wonder why the government is sending such mixed signals, huh?

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.optimumhealthreport.com%2Farticles%2Fmmr.asp" class="Popup

    Funny how once the thermisol was removed from vaccines, new autism rates dropped. Hmmm. Know any 20 year old autistic people?:sad1:

    Yes, I do.
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    I know I'll get blasted for this one, but in the interest of a balanced approach to information, here goes:

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Farticles.mercola.com%2Fsites%2Farticles%2Farchive%2F2009%2F03%2F14%2FThe-Malicious-Smearing-of-a-Crusading-Doctor.aspx" class="Popup

    :hello2:
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG


    Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    i didn't want to vaccinate my child but had to in order for her to go to day care and regular public school.
    you can't even work in my lab without full vaccinations.
    i don't know any way around getting them.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users
    frau wrote: »
    i didn't want to vaccinate my child but had to in order for her to go to day care and regular public school.
    you can't even work in my lab without full vaccinations.
    i don't know any way around getting them.

    I don't know about work, but you don't have to be vaccinated to go to public school. There are waivers in every state.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    You just need to contact your county health board to fill out exemption forms. I am not against all vaccinations. I think everyone should make sure that thermisol is NOT in any vaccination you or your children get. It is illegal to use it in new vaccinations today in this country, but there is also other heavy metals and chemicals used that cannot be good for anybody. Aluminum, formaldehyde...you'd be surprised.

    The CDC tripled the number of vaccinations for children. I question whether they are all necessary. I think it's sad that the government goes to such great lengths to protect the big pharms. They have no incentive to tell the public what we need to know to make informed decisions.

    I just think we should the question; what are they shooting into our kids and grand kids and why. :angry7: I know my opinion on this is not popular on this board but I do believe that we have the right to all the information.
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG


    Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,389Registered Users
    mpgirl wrote: »
    I just think we should the question; what are they shooting into our kids and grand kids and why. :angry7: I know my opinion on this is not popular on this board but I do believe that we have the right to all the information.

    That's something that I sympathize with. Unless you've got a BA/BS or better in a particular subject, and unless you have access to the relevant academic journals, it's really difficult to evaluate information. You can't analyze how the information was gathered and interpreted, and how it fits into the canon of existing knowledge. I think the only way to solve that problem is to overhaul the whole of academia, and I don't exactly have any ideas about how to do that.

    In the case of vaccines, I think we have the choice of a known risk and an unknown risk. But we had a thread about that recently, so I don't think there's a need to rehash it.
  • MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    mpgirl wrote: »
    I know I'll get blasted for this one, but in the interest of a balanced approach to information, here goes:

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Farticles.mercola.com%2Fsites%2Farticles%2Farchive%2F2009%2F03%2F14%2FThe-Malicious-Smearing-of-a-Crusading-Doctor.aspx" class="Popup

    :hello2:

    It's okay, I like Dr. Mercola too. He is awesome. :thumright:

    As for the vaccines, I'm not ruling out any possibilities. Vaccines can be life-saving but I do believe they may have side-effects like any other medication (although autism would be a very devastating side effect). Anything is possible... :-(
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    mpgirl wrote: »
    I just think we should the question; what are they shooting into our kids and grand kids and why. :angry7: I know my opinion on this is not popular on this board but I do believe that we have the right to all the information.

    That's something that I sympathize with. Unless you've got a BA/BS or better in a particular subject, and unless you have access to the relevant academic journals, it's really difficult to evaluate information. You can't analyze how the information was gathered and interpreted, and how it fits into the canon of existing knowledge. I think the only way to solve that problem is to overhaul the whole of academia, and I don't exactly have any ideas about how to do that.

    In the case of vaccines, I think we have the choice of a known risk and an unknown risk. But we had a thread about that recently, so I don't think there's a need to rehash it.
    Right, I'm not sure how many times the same thing has to be rehashed in a matter of weeks. The last thread was pretty heated and went on for many pages.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

    Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    you're right, Eilonwy, I don't have a degree. Don't have one in cosmetology either so my participation in discussions of hair may be suspect as well. Sorry for bringing up old information for further debate. Won't happen again.
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG


    Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    mpgirl wrote: »
    you're right, Eilonwy, I don't have a degree. Don't have one in cosmetology either so my participation in discussions of hair may be suspect as well. Sorry for bringing up old information for further debate. Won't happen again.

    mpgirl - Don't let self-appointed board experts discourage you from posting topics that may have already been discussed. Some folks may not have caught the discussion the first time around and further discussion may prove useful.

    Of course, that's just my opinion. :happy7:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    mpgirl wrote: »
    You just need to contact your county health board to fill out exemption forms. I am not against all vaccinations. I think everyone should make sure that thermisol is NOT in any vaccination you or your children get. It is illegal to use it in new vaccinations today in this country, but there is also other heavy metals and chemicals used that cannot be good for anybody. Aluminum, formaldehyde...you'd be surprised.

    The CDC tripled the number of vaccinations for children. I question whether they are all necessary. I think it's sad that the government goes to such great lengths to protect the big pharms. They have no incentive to tell the public what we need to know to make informed decisions.

    I just think we should the question; what are they shooting into our kids and grand kids and why. :angry7: I know my opinion on this is not popular on this board but I do believe that we have the right to all the information.
    What is your theory on this?
    Do you have kiddos?
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • newcurlynewcurly Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    mpgirl wrote: »
    You just need to contact your county health board to fill out exemption forms. I am not against all vaccinations. I think everyone should make sure that thermisol is NOT in any vaccination you or your children get. It is illegal to use it in new vaccinations today in this country, but there is also other heavy metals and chemicals used that cannot be good for anybody. Aluminum, formaldehyde...you'd be surprised.

    The CDC tripled the number of vaccinations for children. I question whether they are all necessary. I think it's sad that the government goes to such great lengths to protect the big pharms. They have no incentive to tell the public what we need to know to make informed decisions.

    I just think we should the question; what are they shooting into our kids and grand kids and why. :angry7: I know my opinion on this is not popular on this board but I do believe that we have the right to all the information.

    The CDC hasn't tripled the number of vaccinations. When I was a child I received Haemophilus, MMR, diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis, polio, and pneumococcus (total of 9 diseases to be vaccinated for). I received influenza yearly once I was old enough. Now they've added Hep A, Hep B, meningococcus, and varicella to the child vaccination schedule (total of 4). None of these vaccines existed when I was a child. I'm not sure when the rotavirus recommendation began, so that may be new too.

    Trust me, drug companies do not make their money off of vaccines. They make it off of medications that people end up needing to take for a lifetime (blood pressure, cholesterol, asthma, HIV meds are some good examples).

    I firmly believe in vaccination. All of the vaccines listed above help prevent morbidity and mortality at some point in a child's life. I was initially skeptical of the varicella vaccine, but having seen several cases of shingles and post-herpetic neuralgia (terrible post-shingles pain) I'm less skeptical now.

    I think there's plenty of information out there on BOTH sides of the vaccine argument. If you read the government-prepared vaccine information sheets, they include the risks as well as the benefits. They are not as biased as those who are against vaccination would like to pretend they are. In addition, the myth that vaccines cause autism has now been entirely debunked, so there goes another anti-vaccine argument.
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users
    i missed the first thread.
    i didn't know you could waive your right to vaccinations.
    i think you all are right, there seem to be a lot more vaccinations than when i was younger. my daughter had to get another vaccination before she entered her dorm in college, i think for meningitis.
    i have to be tested for TB twice a year.
    sigh...i read about 10 years ago that all these vaccines may cause cancer.
    i just don't feel comfortable shooting all these foriegn substances and DNA/RNA particles into my system.