feta cheese...

2»

Comments

• OdisseyOdissey Posts: 24Registered Users
    Haha. thanks ladies. Feta it is tonight. I cant locate fat free feta here , but tons with spices in them.
    By the way here is Asia. Im just dying for some tomatoes with few drops of oilive oil and some feta cheese. dont know if there is any name to that!
    Here is what i want to do soon:

Prawns With Feta Cheese

About 40 whole tiger prawns
    500g feta cheese
    1 glove of garlic (diced into small small pieces)
    1 onion (diced into small pieces)
    some olive oil
    a few leaves of parsley
    1 grated tomato
    1 glass white wine
    salt
    pepper

Directions
    Clean and prepare the prawns.

Put them in a large pot with water (covering them) and a little bit of salt. Let them boil until they get cooked and become nice and pink.

In the mean time put a frying pan with some olive oil on the stove.

Once the oil is warm put the garlic and the onion and fry them until most of them are red.

Then add the tomato and stir all together for 1-2
    minutes.

Transfer the cooked prawns into the frying pan with the tomato, onion and garlic and stir them all together.

Put a cup of the water you boiled the prawns in into the frying pan and also add the wine. Add salt and paper according to preference

Stir them all together and let them boil for about 5 minutes until they all seem to come together. Add more "prawn water" and wine according to preference.

Now add the feta cheese and the parsley. Let them cook for a while with the feta and parsley on top and then stir them all together.

Let them cook for a while and once the feta has melted and the sauce seems to be gaining a white colour remove from the stove.

Serve with rice or noodles
    I was known as O d d i s e y ~:toothy4:
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »
    I love feta cheese omelets...used to get them at the diners up north...miss 'em...feta is my preferred salad cheese, too...any recipes are very welcome!

Why can't you get them where you are? I order them whenever we go to a diner. Egg-white Greek omelets (spinach and feta). Yum!
    There aren't diners down here-at least locally...I never asked at a Denny's or similar type place...but I guess I can make my own-never thought about doing it. CGNYC-that recipe looks yummy!

I can be so provincial at times. It never occurred to me that there aren't diners in other parts of the country. It could be a NY or northeast thing.

But as you posted, you could totally make these at home and it would be just as delicious.
  • SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Posts: 1,523Registered Users

Why can't you get them where you are? I order them whenever we go to a diner. Egg-white Greek omelets (spinach and feta). Yum!
    There aren't diners down here-at least locally...I never asked at a Denny's or similar type place...but I guess I can make my own-never thought about doing it. CGNYC-that recipe looks yummy!

I can be so provincial at times. It never occurred to me that there aren't diners in other parts of the country. It could be a NY or northeast thing.

But as you posted, you could totally make these at home and it would be just as delicious.

There are diners all over the south too but they do serve a little bit different menus. I've been able to find feta omelets at a bunch of breakfast type places all over Texas and the Midwest.

Mmm I just had a greek salad for lunch with lots of feta and kalamata olives.
    <insert signature line here>
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    My mom was trying to be helpful one day and bought me several pounds of chicken legs - in one of those packages you have to cook all at once.

So I just made them - put them in the pan still frozen, low heat until they thawed some, then put paprika and onion powder on them. Flipped them when half cooked, more seasoning, and used the remainder of a container of feta on the top and in between legs. It turned out delicious!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file