Emu oil: DY vs Skincare Central

tessleopardtessleopard Registered Users Posts: 9
i'm aware that both are from LB Processors, which is what i'm looking for. DY's is a few dollars cheaper, but also has Vit E in it. will Vit E clog my pores? also, am i better off just getting pure emu oil - i.e., is DY "cutting" the emu with the Vit E and acting like it's a favorable addition when it really just saves them money?

Comments

• alisons79alisons79 Registered Users Posts: 680
    I can't answer your question because I'm not sure what the concentrations are of each.

i can tell you that Vit. E is awesome for your skin and I can also tell you that the Ultra Emu Oil from DY is awesome!

So even if they are "cutting" it....it works great for me without being oily or greasy!

I know that may not help you but it is another opinion. :)
    3A/3B
    I love Jessicurl HCC, Jessicurl Too Shea, KCKT, KCCC, CK and HESMU...but it took a LOT of trial error to get to these products that consistently work for ME.
  • tessleopardtessleopard Registered Users Posts: 9
    alisons79 wrote: »
    i can tell you that Vit. E is awesome for your skin

thanks alison... i know Vit E is good for your skin, but it's also pretty cheap. so if it's not actually important to the emu oil working better, or if there's a lot of it in the emu oil, i'd rather buy it separate and get pure emu oil. does that make sense?
  • VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    I love my emu. I get the ultra emu also...the ones from DY and skincarecentral.biz are identical, but skincarecentral gives you 20% off every day on everything, so it's really cheaper (especially if you buy the 2 oz. size), and if I recall correctly, their shipping is also a little less.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • tessleopardtessleopard Registered Users Posts: 9
    thanks to both of you for all of your help - i went with skincarecentral to save a few bucks...which just meant i spent a few more bucks at psf. le sigh:grommit:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file