straightening tips?

chocolate_loverchocolate_lover Posts: 42Registered Users
any tips on straightening?

Comments

• JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just dry with a regular towel and then comb through with a wide tooth comb, apply leave in conditioner and a heat protectant, dry and then straighten.
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
  • jomar_hairjomar_hair Posts: 132Registered Users
    After getting out of the shower, I squeeze a little bit of water out and wrap my hair up in a towel. After I'm done putting on lotion, moisturizer, etc. I remove the towel and spray with a heat protectant and add a little bit of serum to help with frizzies. I either air dry or blow dry with a round brush. Sometimes I'll put some Chi Silk Infusion before I use a big barrel curling or flat iron. Just a tiny bit. Chi silk infusion does have non-soluble silicones. After I'm done curling or using the flat iron, I add a tiny bit of coconut oil to make it look more shiny. A little goes a long way.

Hope this helps.
    Check out my hair blog!
    http://curlgirljourney.blogspot.com/
  • j-jill. j-jill. Posts: 147Registered Users
    I know! I too haven't straightened it for a while.. It'll feel odd if I straighten it haha. ^_^
    Hair Type: 2b/2c (:

• RupertsWifeRupertsWife Posts: 492Registered Users
    I straightened today after over a year of natural hair. Man, I love the way it looks but I HATE the way it feels. My hair currently feels like straw in the back and my ends are angry at me. Remembering back to my straightening days though, I know that the first day of straightening was always a little rough, and then by day 2 things calmed down a bit. I'm honestly not sure if I really like it, I LOVE The length though. Maybe I should just get curly extensions and leave it be. I just really miss my length.
    Anyway, if you do decide to straighten, make sure your hair is completely 100% dry before using an iron. I kind of forgot about that part and had to go over some sections more than once probably causing unnecessary damage.

3b/c mix; mixture of fine, med. and coarse texture with med-high porosity

Current HG routine: Tresemme Naturals conditioner; AG Fast Food LI; AG Recoil; CJ CIAB = no crunch, lots of body and awesome definition :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Dutchess Daydreamer of the Desert Sands in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    :rolleyes:

http://public.fotki.com/crazycurlz21/
    password:rupert
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I straightened last night after going 2 months curly. At first i had the same questions, but i decided to do everything CG style as far as not using the terry towel, applying a leave in, - spray a bit of heat protectant (i used the GVP Thermal Protectant Spray- compared to Chi, which i believe is CG) and let air dry for a couple hours. when it dried, i sprayed some more heat protectant and just flat ironed it out. Came out nice and shiney and soo soft. Wow my hair GREW in 2 month!!!!!!!!!!
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • l.deonl.deon Posts: 235Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm having a blast with my hair straight today! I just straightened 2 nights ago after going 3 months curly and after having layers cut back in February. My hair has already grown back out a few inches past bra strap length, which amazes me. I need to find a good proten treatment to keep it healthy though. Any suggestions?
    3B Mod CG
    Medium texture/ Normal to low porosity / High density

Current Routine:

Shampoo- GTTT, GVP Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo or ACV/ Baking soda (once a week)
    Co wash- Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    Leave in- Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave- in, Elucence
    Gel- BRHG

Holy grail combo Feb 2013: ISO Bouncy Creme with BRHG on top! :blob3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file