CurlTalk

Candles that emit scent without being lit?

sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
Any good recommendations? Besides Yankee just because that brand comes to mind already. I'm looking for some that are preferably $15 and under.
“It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Comments

• hotmustang46gthotmustang46gt Posts: 95Registered Users
    My personal favorite is the Candleberry Company. TheY have all sizes and prices.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.candleberry.com%2F" class="Popup

I love these things and my friends always expect them as gifts. lol

Hot Maple Toddy smells like something you could eat. If you do burn them, they last forever! I've been burning a 10 oz jar for several months.
    3b/3c very thick and porous mod-CG since 03/09

• merynmeryn Posts: 1,806Registered Users
    Any good recommendations? Besides Yankee just because that brand comes to mind already. I'm looking for some that are preferably $15 and under.

Sometimes bar soap works well. I have a bar of lavender soap on my nightstand, it's pretty strong and perfumes my bedroom, even after 3 months. It's from Seven Sisters Soap Company.
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    I do tarts and not candles. I get tired of one scent ENTIRELY too fast. But...check out www.candlefind.com. They do reviews and there is a message board for candle lovers. You can ask some of the ladies there.
  • CurlyCaraCurlyCara Posts: 399Registered Users
    I would maybe try a reed diffuser. I got one for Christmas I put out the day I got it and its still over half way full, and you can find them in most of your favorite candle "flavors".
    CG Since : 03/15/09
    3A, fine, low porosity
    My Curr. Faves:
    Cleansers: Daisy Fuentes C&W
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm, GPB, LVPNG
    Stylers: LVPNG, BRHG, KCCC, GVP CB
    updated 04/29/2009
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users
    I have a friend that sells Scentsy and it's like a wax candle type thing that is heated up instead of having to light it.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I like the candle warmers. They are like little coffee warmers that you sit any jar candle on and it eats the wax <making it smell> without it being lit.
    I prefer Tyler Candle Company. (It's a TX brand, but I'm sure you can buy online). They smell pretty much if you just open the lid. You could try sitting one of those out. My favorite scent: Cowboy. it smells like leather.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    shellibean wrote: »
    I like the candle warmers. They are like little coffee warmers that you sit any jar candle on and it eats the wax <making it smell> without it being lit.
    I prefer Tyler Candle Company. (It's a TX brand, but I'm sure you can buy online). They smell pretty much if you just open the lid. You could try sitting one of those out. My favorite scent: Cowboy. it smells like leather.

ooooooooomg. We used to sell Tyler Candle company stuff for fundraisers. They have REALLY strong, yummy scents and they last for ages. Definitely reccomend...
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    The Woodwick candles are very very strong and when you do light them, they pop and crackle.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    MimsTX wrote: »

ooooooooomg. We used to sell Tyler Candle company stuff for fundraisers. They have REALLY strong, yummy scents and they last for ages. Definitely reccomend...

Another huge endorsement for Tyler. My favorite is Pineapple Crush. I would eat it if I could.

Tyler's website has been down for maintanence forever, but I found this site where if you order $60 worth of candles, you get free shipping!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.englishrose.com%2Ftycaco.html" class="Popup

3.4 oz jar $6

11 oz jar $12

22 oz jar $18.50
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I have a friend that sells Scentsy and it's like a wax candle type thing that is heated up instead of having to light it.

I second those. I have a plug-in nightlight warmer with two more & a regular warmer coming to me.

But I still love my Salt City Candles, they're as strong as Yankee & you can leave the lid off to scent the area, or use a "beverage/soup" warmer, like Shelli said, to release their scent even more, rather than lighting them.
  • VanedaVaneda Posts: 402Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote: »

I second those. I have a plug-in nightlight warmer with two more & a regular warmer coming to me.

But I still love my Salt City Candles, they're as strong as Yankee & you can leave the lid off to scent the area, or use a "beverage/soup" warmer, like Shelli said, to release their scent even more, rather than lighting them.

I third the Scentsy products. My stepson bought me one of the regular warmers and a bunch of the wax scents for Christmas. Very nice.
    2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
    For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
    Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

• sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    Thanks for the recs all! Checking out all the sites.

meryn-funny you mentioned that about the soap. Yesterday I picked up some cranberry scented Dial and it smells really good oddly (also not allergic to it which is a huge plus). I left some in my room and it lingered. Did wind up taking it out though because while it's nice, I didn't feel like having it be the scent of my room. Will check out soap with that in mind though.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users

That's what I was going to suggest. I love the "paris" scent.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10: