Aspirin mask - allergic reaction?

The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
I used an aspirin mask last night..I added a drop of honey to it. And I did scrub very lightly with water when I removed it. This morning after I got to work, my lips started stinging and so did the area just under my mouth.

Has this happened to anyone? Might this be an allergic reaction? I never had a reaction like this before when I used the mask or when I took aspirin internally.
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    Usually, allergic reactions happen (or begin happening) immediately upon contact with the allergen. If it's been 12 hours or so since you washed the mask off, I"d say it's highly unlikely that you're having a reaction to it now.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    I'd agree, especially since it's never happened before. But I know of one other woman this happened to also. Odd.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • happy-girlhappy-girl Registered Users Posts: 208
    Actually, it can be an allergic reaction.
    When dermatologists do patch testing for skin allergies, they leave the patch on for a solid week and, even if the irritation doesn't show up till the end, it is still an allergy.

Has salicylic acid ever been a problem for you? I only ask because it is related to aspirin.
    Mid-back length 3a, red.
    Currently using: Joico, Redken, LA Looks Curl Look gel, BRHG.
  • happy-girlhappy-girl Registered Users Posts: 208
    And you can always develop allergies you never had before. I never had an allergy in my life till 3 or 4 months ago and now I have several really bad drug allergies.
    Mid-back length 3a, red.
    Currently using: Joico, Redken, LA Looks Curl Look gel, BRHG.
  • misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    happy-girl wrote: »
    Actually, it can be an allergic reaction.
    When dermatologists do patch testing for skin allergies, they leave the patch on for a solid week and, even if the irritation doesn't show up till the end, it is still an allergy.

Has salicylic acid ever been a problem for you? I only ask because it is related to aspirin.

I agree with this. Aspirin allergies are quite common.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    Nope, I've never had a problem w/SA, I don't think...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file