Spinoff: Relationship Style

Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
Pretending you were single for a second (or looking back to when you were single) and ready to embark on a longterm relationship, if you met a new guy/girl and they were hot and fun and you got along great, there was chemistry, etc., how often whould you want to see him or her? Pretend that you have recently decided to not see other people, and that you trust the person.
"I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Once or twice a week with a mixture of long and short calls, e-mails etc. in between (not necessary to talk every day - in fact, sometimes nice to go a day or two without.)
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    If I'm ever single again, I do not want to embark on a LTR ever again or a STR either. I want to be left the hell alone to grow old with my cats and watch my daughter grow up and have cute, healthy grandbabies for me to spoil. If this man doesn't work out, I'm done, thank you very much.

Can you include the above option in your pole? I guess it's too late for that, so I picked the first option :lol:
    ________
    BLONDE GIRL LIVE
  • guinnessguinness Posts: 351Registered Users
    I voted once or twice a week with occasional quick phone calls. I hate talking on the phone, I would much rather email or IM from time to time. I have a household to run, two dogs, a demanding job, family obligations, etc. I WISH I had more time to spend with my bf, but I just don't. We see each other 2-3 times a week (been exclusive for seven months) and talk daily now, but it had to progress to that. But, if we need or want to call for any reason, the lines are always open.

We're both pretty middle-of-the-road, as far as attention needs go, so it works out just fine.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I'm kind of in between the 2nd and 3rd choices. I think 5 times a week would be far too much, 2-3 would be good. When my bf and I first started dating, we saw each other once a week and kept in touch every couple of days via phone or email or IM. As we got more serious, we saw each more often and talked more often. Before he moved in with me, he was pretty much staying at my place all weekend long and at minimum 1 night during the week.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    Once or twice a week with a mixture of long and short calls, e-mails etc. in between (not necessary to talk every day - in fact, sometimes nice to go a day or two without.)

ITA. I voted the second option because it seemed closest to this.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users
    The last time I was single, I wanted to be with my new boyfriend as much as possible. I wanted to learn everything I could about him and he was the same way. I don't know that I'd be like that again but it's also pretty hard to imagine my life without my dh. We've been together more than half our lives by now.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    MizKerri wrote:
    I'm kind of in between the 2nd and 3rd choices. I think 5 times a week would be far too much, 2-3 would be good. When my bf and I first started dating, we saw each other once a week and kept in touch every couple of days via phone or email or IM. As we got more serious, we saw each more often and talked more often. Before he moved in with me, he was pretty much staying at my place all weekend long and at minimum 1 night during the week.

I'm more like this here. I don't need constant bombardment but 1-2 times a week seems to little for me. This is with the assumption that before we became exclusive we were already seeing each other 1-2 times a week.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I'm also in between 2 and 3... I voted 3-5 times a week just b/c that's the way it was when I first started dating my husband. But before him #2 would have been the closest.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • ~915~~915~ Posts: 519Registered Users
    At the very beginning, two times a week is perfect to keep the excitement. Then, I'd want to work my way to three times. O.k., I'm totally lying. Here's the sitch: I prefer to have sex about five-six times a week. If I'm dating a guy and he wants to see me twice a week, I'm going to be sexually frustrated and want to go back to being single. So, I'd prefer to see a guy on dates about twice a week and have long drawn out sex on those nights, but the other four days, it would be great it he'd just stop by for a quickie. :oops: Then, a day off where we totally don't communicate. That's my preference.
  • gggg Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    3-5 times a week. I like the other times to hang out with friends or by myself. I'm not a phone person so I don't need a call everyday.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
  • CsaracCsarac Posts: 861Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    gg wrote:
    3-5 times a week. I like the other times to hang out with friends or by myself. I'm not a phone person so I don't need a call everyday.

Me too.
    HG: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (always and forever)
    Cantu Naturals s & c (shampoo 1x a week), use conditioner as a co-wash every day and LI under my gel.

Air dry then diffuse canapy layers only for volume
    Coconut oil before/after coloring grays and on ends.

2b/c mix waves/curls - coarse, frizz prone, med. thick, porous, at-home color, protein sensitive but I still need it sometimes, glycerin-sensitive (I think) in high humidity. After 16 years on NC.com I FINALLY figured it out..

• YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    If I'm ever single again, I do not want to embark on a LTR ever again or a STR either. I want to be left the hell alone to grow old with my cats and watch my daughter grow up and have cute, healthy grandbabies for me to spoil. If this man doesn't work out, I'm done, thank you very much.

Can you include the above option in your pole? I guess it's too late for that, so I picked the first option :lol:

I'm at that point right now. Except for the cats. I'm not really a phone person and seriously after 3 calls in one day I'm like WTF does he want now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    i voted for the 3rd option, although when DH and i first became exclusive we were closer to the 4th option. we'd practically already moved in together (until we actually did move in together).
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users

I vote for this option as well.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • tnkrbll23etnkrbll23e Posts: 30Registered Users
    I went for the 3-5 times a week with regular phone calls. That is what I would like sometimes and when Future DH and I started dating we did this because I was in graduate school and working two felxable jobs and he had a rotating schedule so it worked for us. We were IMing mostly he isn't a phone person though.

Now 2.5 years later (exactly today!) we try and talk on the phone once a day but it doesn't always happen and we try and see each other 2-3 times a week but that often doesn't happen either. I work full time, am in school, work out two nights a week with a trainer and am on two volunteer first aid squads. He is a police officer with a rotating schedule (not the same job from when we started dating), taking two classes, a volunteer firefighter and on two volunteer first aid squads. We always see each other at least once a week and sleep in the same bed (usually mine at my parent's house) at least once a week. Less than five months and we will be married so short amounts of time will be added to our normal routine.
    Erin
    2B with one lonely 3A
    recovering Flat Iron Addict
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    How about several men about 2-3 times a week each?
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I picked #1.

I went out with a guy who after the first date emailed me four times and called me once without a response from me. 5 days later I "broke up" with him, because that just freaked me out. He responded that "he knows I just don't have time for a relationship with anyone right now, and it's not him." I soooo wanted to respond back "actually, it is you. You are a clingy freak, didn't listen to anything I said to you, and had no interest in finding out who I am as a person." But I decided to let him have his delusions, as that clinginess is supposedly more common among females, and he probably has a good chance of finding someone who appreciates it.

But....eeew. If a guy is right for me, our schedules will gradually just mesh over time. I have a *lot* of interests, and the guy's going to have to have SOME of them if we're going to get along. So he can go to concerts with me, go horsebackriding with me, something, and we'll gradually spend more time together. Early on, though, no more than a couple times a week. Emails can get a lot more frequent, though. I'm not a phone person.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    How about several men about 2-3 times a week each?

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When hubby and I were dating, we saw each other once or twice a week with some longer phone calls in the middle - some short phone calls too. We worked opposite schedules (he worked nights), and we also lived about an hour away from each other. It all seemed to work out okay.
    :rambo:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file