Overnight treatment for frizzy, dry curls? With Olive oil & honey?

My hair has really dry, split ends and is ALWAYS frzzy. Today I made a treatment using 2 tsp live oil, 2 tsp honey and some conditioner, then left it in for about 2 hours. My hair had beautiful curls, but was still frizzy and the ends improved, but still dry. Anyone have a recipe I can leave on overnight, then rinse out in the morning? I dont have clarifying shampoo, so it cant be a greasy mixture. I want it to make my hair soft, shiny, curly and frizz free! And NOT greasy! I hope this is possible! Thanks so much for the help!

Comments

• CuteCurlyCocoaChickCuteCurlyCocoaChick Posts: 8Registered Users
    A really good frizz and conditioning treatment that you can make at home is a mixure of: Honey, Olive Oil, and Avacado. It is really good for your hair. Leave it on for like an hour, and use a blow dryer to intesify it on your hair. My grandmother used to put this on my super thick curly hair.
  • maximesmaximes Posts: 5Registered Users
    You could try adding aloe vera gel or an egg yolk.
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The protein molecules in eggs are supposed to be too large to be absorbed by your hair.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • CuteCurlyCocoaChickCuteCurlyCocoaChick Posts: 8Registered Users
    An egg white is good, also try coconut milk, and melting down a cocoa butter stick that you buy at the store. I like the mixture of cocoa butter, avacado, olive oil, soybean oil, honey, and coconut milk. You gotta keep it refrigerated other wise it could go bad. Make enough just for one or two applications. Unlike some people, I do not use a deep condition 2 times a month, I deep condition 1 or 2 times a week. You have to find what is best for "your" hair. It took me 2 1/2 years to learn my lessons, especially with my different textures. It takes time, and you have to experiment with your mixtures, and how you mix them.
  • calicurly4lifecalicurly4life Posts: 43Registered Users
    try coconut creame and/or coconut oil. Also banana puree/ baby food in addition to the honey.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file