mei tai question

DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
How old does a baby need to be before you can use the back carry?

Comments

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    As long as you get it high enough to support the head, you can do it with a newborn. Definitely once the can hold their head up well.

Newborn Back Carry Instructions from Kozy
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    Thanks geeky:happy7:. What about with legs out ?
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    You can put the legs out (either front or back) as soon as the baby is big enough to comfortably have the legs out, if that makes any sense. With Nadia we went through a period where she was a little too big to have legs in and not quite big enough to have the legs out on a mei tai. But that did not last long.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    geeky wrote: »
    You can put the legs out (either front or back) as soon as the baby is big enough to comfortably have the legs out, if that makes any sense. With Nadia we went through a period where she was a little too big to have legs in and not quite big enough to have the legs out on a mei tai. But that did not last long.

Dylan liked to have his legs out pretty early on, so I would use a hair elastic to cinch the bottom of the mei tai to make the seat narrow enough for him. But you'll be surprised how far babies can spread their legs and still be comfortable. They're very flexible little creatures!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file