Desperation. What are some INEXPENSIVE deep treatments??

CoaCoaBean08CoaCoaBean08 Registered Users Posts: 734
i went to rickys today and i could not find i good deep treatment to try. i want something that isnt packed with silicones or sulfates and isnt expensive!! what are some good deep treatments??

also will a conditioner covered with a heating cap suffice for now? i just bought giovanni "deeper conditioner" and i kind of thought i would use that with my heating cap until i find something better. i really want one that strengthens and moisturizes hair. i was going to get hair mayo but that had too many silicones in it. also im a vegan so i want something that is not tested on animals or made from animal products (no yogurt, dairy milk, egg, etc.).

can anyone help me please???
head full of wild crazy kinks and curls :cool:
"Make your choice adventurous stranger;
Strike the bell and bide the danger.
Or wonder, til it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had."

"I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying 'this is fiction.'" -Ian McKellen

Comments

• mj11051mj11051 Registered Users Posts: 407
    Aubrey's Organics HoneySuckle rose conditioner. It's expensive but worth it.
  • mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    mj11051 wrote: »

I was about to recommend the same product. I got mine for $11 at Whole Foods. I can get about 3 deep treatments out of it. The ingredients are great and I love the way my hair feels afterwards.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• curlymaybecurlymaybe Registered Users Posts: 354
    Mix coconut milk (skim the cream off the top of the can), agave nectar and olive oil. Cheap, vegan and natural.
    Hair loves: aloe vera juice, cocoa butter, camellia oil

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Never forget, justice is what love looks like in public." ~ Cornel West
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Pantene Relaxed & natural Anti-Breakage Defense deep treatment
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • mj11051mj11051 Registered Users Posts: 407
    mariag002 wrote: »
    mj11051 wrote: »

I was about to recommend the same product. I got mine for $11 at Whole Foods. I can get about 3 deep treatments out of it. The ingredients are great and I love the way my hair feels afterwards.

Stop buy it from there. Go here www.vitacost.com and you can get it for 7.60 per bottle and if you order more than one you really save money because the shipping is only 4.99:lol:
  • HappyNappyEHappyNappyE Registered Users Posts: 108
    Pantene Relaxed & Natural Hair Mask is under $5. I'm going to use it today but I have heard really good things about it. I have tried and like Burt's Bee Hair Repair, it's around $8.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *No heat until July 9, 2009(my bday)!* SL Challenge :colors:
    ~shea butta baby~
    :sad9:I'm such a PJ!
    :sunny: Haute & Natural blog
  • Storm_N _MomStorm_N _Mom Registered Users Posts: 259
    Lustrasilk's Cholesterol Plus--Shea deep conditioner
    Lustrasilk's Cholesterol Plus--Shea + mango DT
    Lustrasilk's Cholesterol Plus--Olive oil DT

All cost under $3 for a 16-20.oz jar at Sally's & other suppliers. I could not find it at Walgreen's, CVS or Target.

Make sure you purchase only the three aforementioned as the other Lustrasilk Cholesterol DTs contain mineral oil & other non-CG stuff.

Here are several threads regarding the Lustrasilk DT's:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=62463
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=55648
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=67182

I mix 1 to 1 the Lustrasilk with AOHR and did not notice a difference in my hair compared to using straight AOHR after DT'ing last week-end.
    Storm BC'd 12/30/09 (my gorgeous dd), low porosity, thick density, medium-coarse texture?, elasticity ?
    Mom BC'd 5/31/10, fine texture, low porosity, normal density, low elasticity
    Last relaxer, July 2008
    Hair Type: HUMAN
    Our HGs: Hair steamer, KCCC, AOHSR, generic conditioning balm conditioner
    other products:FSG, KT, EO condish, KBBHN, EWNOC, DMBC, DMDCC, NG, EVOO, Almond Oil, Maha Bhringol oil, Henna & Ayurvedic powders
  • E.B.E.B. Registered Users Posts: 158
    Pantene Relaxed & natural Anti-Breakage Defense deep treatment
    I like this. It does a good job of deep conditioning and detangling.
  • shakeshake Registered Users Posts: 404
    my 2 fav's (the only two i use) are

Pantene Pro-V Restoratives hair mask ($5)
    Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner ($8)

which one i use i feel on dc day. lol. both are AMAZING! i slather it on in the shower then put on a plastic cap and then a warm towel for about an hour or 3...happy conditioning!
    comic-p.jpg

http://fotki.com/shake-shake

Peace, Light, and Love
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    mop extreme moisture

or else i just add olive oil, veggie glycerine, and honey (but youre vegan so no honey for you) to any regular old conditioner to give it a boost.
  • Beautifully HumanBeautifully Human Registered Users Posts: 66
    In addition to the ones mentioned you could try Elasta QP DPR-11. It has a cone in it but its further down the ingredients list and can be removed with a sulfate-free shampoo.

I also discovered that my hair really likes Pantene Pro-V's Nourishing hair mask. I think its like $4 cdn (not sure how much american) but I actually like it better than the relaxed and natural breakage defense version. It contains a cone (the same one used in Aussie Moist condish and HEHH) that is further down the ingredients list than the one in the breakage defense formula and my hair likes that much better. Plus its always in stock!

In terms of all natural Deep Conditioners I co-sign on the Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose as well as Aubrey Organics White Camellia. 100% natural and always gives really good DT's! Slightly pricier than the ones I listed but still pretty reasonable.

You can do a mix of your faves as well to help stretch out the jar or bottle :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TashaTashaTashaTasha Registered Users Posts: 383
    I've been fiddling around with Suave's Coco Condish (about $1.41 for the family size bottle) and a mixture of oils that my hair likes. I mix everything together, spritz my hair with some water to dampen it, slab everything on, plastic cap it for about an hour and rinse out and reveal softness!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file