New to CG, quick question

Hey everyone,

I've been flat ironing my hair for about a year and a half. It has finally rebelled against me; if I straighten it, it's straw-like, if I leave it curly, it's frizzy and dry. I have a ton of split ends and will probably need to cut a good inch off of my hair soon.

Anyway, I started the CG routine today...my hair already feels better. :) However, next weekend I'm going to be going home and am in desperate need of a haircut. I know salons tend to use shampoo when they wash your hair before the cut - will this one wash undo all the effects of the CG routine?
CG since 07/26/09

Comments

• generositytgenerosityt Registered Users Posts: 245
    Why don't you wash your hair before you go? Then they will just spray some water on it before the cut. Also I know that to cut curly hair, they're supposed to cut it while it's dry to see where the curls tend to fall.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
  • CurlGirl27CurlGirl27 Registered Users Posts: 23
    I don't know if you see the same person or not but I am pretty close with my hair dresser so I figure I will just ask her not to poo. I don't see why it would really make any difference to them. You could also ask them not to wash it and just wet it to cut. Hope that helps and welcome. 8)
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    My salon happens to have [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]Deva Nopoo[/buylink] available, but I always bring my own products. Haven't had them do a regular poo/condition in over a year.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file