Never shampoo? What do you do?

Heather0kayHeather0kay Registered Users Posts: 667 Curl Neophyte
I see some people never shampoo and only co-wash but I see a lot of people either "shampoo" with bars or sulfate free shampoo once a week? I Henna/ Indigo my hair at least monthly so I must use a sulfate free clarifying shampoo to get the oils off my gray roots so the Indigo will take. The Henna actually makes my scalp feel clean and healthy so I can go longer between shampoos now. What do you do?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse

Comments

• funkadelixfunkadelix Registered Users Posts: 4
    I just never use shampoo.

...Actually, that's a lie. If I go frolicking in the mud, I use some shampoo bought from the natural foods store to get the mud out. Or, the other day, I was in a car accident, and had glass and car debris in my hair, so I used shampoo then. That's it though.

I just use conditioner (from natural foods stores, of course). I'd like to try to start using home-made conditioners and the occasional home-made shampoo for mud-frolicking. c;
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    I have used shampoo bars two or three times since I started CG but that's it.

I also highlight my hair every few months and have only used conditioner.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • AvastraAvastra Registered Users Posts: 14
    I'm a newbie at no schampoo but I've gone about two months without schampoo now. I wash using only a conditioner. It works suprisingly well...
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Registered Users Posts: 844 Curl Neophyte
    funkadelix wrote: »
    I just never use shampoo.

...Actually, that's a lie. If I go frolicking in the mud, I use some shampoo bought from the natural foods store to get the mud out. Or, the other day, I was in a car accident, and had glass and car debris in my hair, so I used shampoo then. That's it though.

I just use conditioner (from natural foods stores, of course). I'd like to try to start using home-made conditioners and the occasional home-made shampoo for mud-frolicking. c;

Yikes, are you alright?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file