how many toys. . .

cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
How many toys have you bought or plan to buy for your kids that was really stuff you wanted to play with?

I'm gulty of
wii
handheld simon memory game

I'm sure there's more, but that's all that comes to mind right now

I plan to buy

lego sets
spirograph
Lincoln logs

and other stuff I'm sure I'll think of later

I never had the legos and a spirograph when I was a kid and I wanted them soooo bad. And my lincoln logs were an incomplete yard sale set. I'm sure I'll regret the let set after I put it together. But I gotta do at least once in my life!

Comments

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I definitely do this! Unfortunately DS and I don't seem to share the same interests.

I love train sets and those car tracks that you build up and slide cars down. So of course DS has both of those. Sadly I had to put away the train set because I was playing with it more than he was. He does love the "car slide".

I also LOVE crafts so he has oodles of craft things. Buying crafty things is my weakness. But again, he's not interested (yet...I'm still holding out hope). So we'll start a project and he'll be done in about 5 minutes while I'm still working on my masterpiece 45 minutes later.

And jigsaw puzzles. Love them.

I'm going to go nuts if he ever shows an interest in board games because I love those too.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ive probably done it, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.
    my SO is already planning her 2nd birthday party and wants to have freakin' pony rides. i think its because he wants pony rides and i only have 3 months to convince him he's too big to ride a pony...
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I almost did- I almost bought the Barbie party RV (with a hot tub!) at the after Christmas clearance at Target for Maya's birthday. When I went back to get it, they were all gone. I still really want to play with it; when I was a kid I used to put all my Barbies in a suitcase and pretend it was some kind of huge vehicle and they were traveling cross country. I cannot tell you how excited I was to see this RV thing.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Not yet, but I think Dylan may be getting one of those big, wooden dollhouses pretty soon. :oops:

I *need* a baby girl! :(
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kaia wrote: »
    Not yet, but I think Dylan may be getting one of those big, wooden dollhouses pretty soon. :oops:

I *need* a baby girl! :(

:lol: My boys would play with it.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My husband is guilty of this with my son...I know I will be guilty of this once Addison is old enough. I always wanted one of those pink retro kitchens when I was little. I'm pretty sure Addison will have one. Of course, my luck she will not be a doll girl. I loved dolls growing up.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Oh yes. I love to color and so my son has crayons, coloring books, Color Wonder stuff, and I even melted crayons to make him special swirly ones. He will only color for like 1 minute and then he wants to do something else. I am always still coloring and he has moved on to 12 different toys in the meantime.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • elitaelita Posts: 402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have 2 boys and my husband buys them all sorts of Star Wars and Transformers toys. I have a baby girl now and I must say I'm looking forward to buying Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony (hopefully they'll still be popular in a few years)

It's obvious the toy manufacturers do this on purpose (re-release toys just when a previous generation is old enough to have kids) It's a very clever marketing ploy, but I'm guilty of taking the bait :tongue:
    2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    HG Combo: CJDF, BCDC & AFL
    Other Favorites:
    all things Spiral Solutions and Curl Junkie!! :love5:
    So, we colored today adn he actually colored for awhile! I was so excited!!!

I can't wait until my boys are old enough to play clue. I've always loved that game, but I could never find enough people to play it with.
    cympreni wrote: »
    I've always loved that game, but I could never find enough people to play it with.

So you made your own! Haha! :)

shellibean wrote: »
    cympreni wrote: »
    I've always loved that game, but I could never find enough people to play it with.

So you made your own! Haha! :)

Yup! I also made my own trio. <crosses fingers>

I took my boys to this special symphony concert geared towards kids. It was so amazing. They let the kids up on stage during the concert. They encouraged the kids to sing along, dance, clap during the music. For the finale the conductor made a joke about doing the 1812 overture, but they forgot the cannon so he asked everyone to yell "boom" at the top of their lungs when he indicated. It was a lot of fun. And all the kids were so good. I've seen adults act worse in a concert.

Afterwards they had a "petting zoo" where the musicians actually let the kids play their instruments, and teach them a little about it, no matter their age. They had 2 or 3 instruments from each group to sample from. Their favorites: violin and cello.

I was so proud, once we got to the string family, my boys were telling them about the instruments. My youngest was trying to convince them that the violins were actually violas, or "vEowas" as he put it. They were actually really good at playing considering. Their bow grip was almost perfect. They knew to keep their left wrist straight and to bow in the middle as straight as possible. And I never taught them how to play, only about the instruments. They must have picked it up from watching me play. Kids are so amazing!

/end bragfest. Sorry, music and my boys are two things I could go on forever about. Combined. . . look out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file