Twistout help

MochachinoMochachino Registered Users Posts: 191
Does anyone have pictures of a twistout ( the one that looks ropelike) and directions on how to do one?
I've got a pair of ruby slippers that I don't wear much anymore
And if I had the nerve I'd click my heels and return o the wonderland I knew before
Alana Davis "Crazy"

Comments

• FleurztyFleurzty Registered Users Posts: 795
  • Sunyata B. Sunyata B. Registered Users Posts: 105
    th_IMG00051.jpg

Please excuse the dryness, I didn't smooth the shea butter over it yet, but this is untwisted. For me I kept smoothing the sections as I twisted, sometimes stopping to detangle a bit more. While twisting I also turn the hair a bit so it would kind-of be like I was doing a little coil before twisting it into the other part of the strand. I hope that made sense. For me it's basically just making sure it's smooth before twisting and that the twist aren't made loosely.
  • savvybrownsavvybrown Registered Users Posts: 33
    This is how I do mine step-by-step. Pics and all.

http://savvybrown.com/hair/how-to-do-a-dry-twistout/

HTH
    - savvy
    http://savvybrown.com
    One woman's journey to a greener, healthier life...on a budget.
  • NikG20NikG20 Registered Users Posts: 461 Curl Neophyte
    By rope like do you mean 3 strand twist out or just a 2 strand twist out? I have done both on my daughter..let me know! :)
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • mzmillionmzmillion Registered Users Posts: 874
    Nik,
    How do you do 3strand twists, I really want to learn this technique.
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• NikG20NikG20 Registered Users Posts: 461 Curl Neophyte
    mzmillion, there are different youtube videos, but I don't think a video is completely neccessary. It's really simple.

This is how I do it:

1.Take your section of hair and split it into 3
    2. Take your right piece of hair and cross it all the way over your middle and left piece. (It now becomes your new left piece)
    3. Take your new right piece of hair and cross it all the way over your middle and left piece. (this now becomes your new left piece)
    4. Take your NEW right piece of hair and cross it all the way over your middle and left piece.

As you can see, I'm just repeating myself, lol. But that's how I do my three strand twists. Hope that helps!

It sounds really easy, because it is really easy. Just keep crossing the right side all the way over the left side, cross right all the way over left, cross right all the way over left, keep repeating...
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • FoxyCleopatraFoxyCleopatra Registered Users Posts: 412
    NikG20 wrote: »
    mzmillion, there are different youtube videos, but I don't think a video is completely neccessary. It's really simple.

This is how I do it:

2. Take your right piece of hair and cross it all the way over your middle and left piece. (It now becomes your new left piece)
    3. Take your new right piece of hair and cross it all the way over your middle and left piece. (this now becomes your new left piece)
    4. Take your NEW right piece of hair and cross it all the way over your middle and left piece.

As you can see, I'm just repeating myself, lol. But that's how I do my three strand twists. Hope that helps!

It sounds really easy, because it is really easy. Just keep crossing the right side all the way over the left side, cross right all the way over left, cross right all the way over left, keep repeating...

Thank God for you explaining that!! You have no idea how long that baffled me!
  • taltaltaltal Registered Users Posts: 614
    NikG20 wrote: »

This is how I do it:

Thanks for the explanation. What's the difference in results between a 3 strand twist, a briad, and a 2 strand twist ?
  • taltaltaltal Registered Users Posts: 614
    mzmillion wrote: »
    Nik,
    How do you do 3strand twists, I really want to learn this technique.

Found this tutorial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHqo8rqAARE&NR=1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file