DPR-11 doesn't like my hair

Booker Ts MamaBooker Ts Mama Registered Users Posts: 670
So I shampooed, oil rinsed and deep conditioned my hair Wednesday night. As I was applying DPR-11, my hair was really soft. I even slept in it overnight as I always do my DC. But, when I washed it out the next morning and applied my other products, my hair dried hard and my scalp is itching like crazy :angry5:. I know that's gotta be the problem because it's the only thing I did differently to my hair. I so wanted it to work because of all the rave reviews it gets in here. I'm disappointed, but since it was only $6, I'm not broken hearted about it. Oh well, back to search for another DC.....:sad3:

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    Oh damn! Thanks for the review! I was going to Sally's tomorrow to buy this product. Now I'll leave it alone. I know its hit or miss with alot of people.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• nikkidanniellnikkidanniell Registered Users Posts: 235 Curl Neophyte
    Im sorry u had a bad experience.. I love DPR... hmmm do you think the oil blocked some of the moisture absorption??
  • Booker Ts MamaBooker Ts Mama Registered Users Posts: 670
    I'm not sure, but I really wanted to find a deep conditioner that I could purchase in store instead of online....I guess I'll either have to go back to using Aubrey Organics (which I love) or continue shopping online. :dontknow:

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Nappy_Curly_Crown uses Elasta, maybe she'll chime in.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    Do you recognize any ing. you could be sensitive to?
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Booker Ts MamaBooker Ts Mama Registered Users Posts: 670
    hippychic wrote: »
    Do you recognize any ing. you could be sensitive to?

I just looked at the ingredients again earlier and offhand, there's nothing in there that I could be sensitive/allergic to. Not that I know of anyway.

• Miss.Four-AMiss.Four-A Registered Users Posts: 160
    okay now i had to come and join in on this one coz if u dont know already dpr11 is like literally the love of my life...

when i use it i tend to use it on freshly co-washed hair and i follow it up with some shea butter whilst my hairs still wet....works everytime...

maybe ur hair aint feelin it lol but give it another chance...atleast u know u can go back to ur AO

xxx
  • DiscoveringMeAgainDiscoveringMeAgain Registered Users Posts: 126
    It didn't work for me either and I tried it several ways before I gave up on it....:angry3:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file