Grow Out Challenge -Ends May 2007

LadydncingLadydncing Registered Users Posts: 964
We've just had a successful hair challenge and had so much fun and support that we decided to start another one. If you are new, you can see my result on my hair album. This one ends in May 2007.

Anyone can join at anytime. It's up to you how you approach this challenge. It's a place for you to post your progress and get some support. Have fun and good luck! :D
Maya
3b/c CG routine
HG line DevaCurl
Password: Locks

event.png

Comments

• st. louis bluest. louis blue Registered Users Posts: 404
    Ladydncing, how did you like your recent Devachan experience?

I'm trying to look at your pix, but I can't get it to load.
  • LadydncingLadydncing Registered Users Posts: 964
    sorry about that. I didn't log out. Maybe it'll work now.
    My experience wasn't as nice as the last one. I know that he didn't cut
    as much, but I lost 3 inches. He didn't give me his undivided attention.
    :? He was multi-tasking doing at least 2 people at the same time. I was kind of annoyed. Really the haircut was ok. I wanted a bit more umf! and he failed to give me that. I love him as a person, he is very funny!
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Registered Users Posts: 523
    I am in for the New Challenge. Currently I am at 4 inches and in need of growing out a bad salon experience which left part of my hair straight. So its weird Im all natural but kind of transitioning also from the straight hair. Good luck to everyone this year.
    http://www.youtube.com/Kittykat1374

natural since 6/05
    Ladydncing, I think your hair looks fantastic! So healthy! Congratulations on going a whole year without cutting it. I guess CG is working for your ends, huh? :)

Why on earth did Carlos cut so much? I repeat, it does look really good. But was he evening it out or something?

Meanwhile, as for his attitude, a number of people have been complaining about Carlos lately, and it sort of makes me wonder whether he's having some kind of personal problem or something. I hate that you felt rushed and under-attended; those haircuts just cost too much money to feel like you've been treated poorly.

But again, at least you look good. I've been treated well and cut poorly, and that's for sure worse.
    Curlee Q - Welcome and Good Luck. I can't believe how fast a year went by! What are you going to do the reach your goal? I think that I will continue to do what I did last year since it worked so well. DT every 2 weeks, vitamins when I remember. : )
    Ladydncing, I think your hair looks fantastic! So healthy! Congratulations on going a whole year without cutting it. I guess CG is working for your ends, huh? :)

Why on earth did Carlos cut so much? I repeat, it does look really good. But was he evening it out or something?

Meanwhile, as for his attitude, a number of people have been complaining about Carlos lately, and it sort of makes me wonder whether he's having some kind of personal problem or something. I hate that you felt rushed and under-attended; those haircuts just cost too much money to feel like you've been treated poorly.

But again, at least you look good. I've been treated well and cut poorly, and that's for sure worse.

You are so kind thanks for the compliment! :)
    Well, I remember him saying that I had just a bit
    of relaxed hair on my ends so maybe he got carried
    away cutting them? After I read your post, I looked
    at my pics again. You may be right, he may have
    been trying to even it out. He told me to come
    back sometime in December. I think I'll wait till
    next year. :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
    oops! DP
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Registered Users Posts: 523
    Probably Just take vitamins and where protective styles with braids, twists and ponytails.
    http://www.youtube.com/Kittykat1374

natural since 6/05
    I definitely was not suggesting that your hair looked uneven, not in the least. It just occurred to me as a possible explanation for the major cutting.

However, it does make sense to me that he wanted to cut off all of the relaxed ends once and for all. This way your hair will just be doin' it's thang!

Anyway, as I said, it looks wonderful, and I think you have a good year ahead.
    I definitely was not suggesting that your hair looked uneven, not in the least. It just occurred to me as a possible explanation for the major cutting.

Oh no, I didn't think that you were suggesting that. However,
    your possible explanation sounded very valid. :)
    Just curious. Would you ever go back to Devachan? Who
    would you see? It appears to me that Anna is the new
    Carlos these days.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
    You know, I would go back to Devachan again. I think if I did, I'd like to try Ana. Probably because her own hair makes me swoon.

The reason that I don't go to them regularly is the cost; my hair grows too unevenly for me to restrict trimming to once or twice a year, and I just can't really pay $90+ every 4 months.

Also, I have found a couple of hairdressers who can cut well but who are cheaper. They are not as convenient as Devachan, for sure, and if I didn't have them as an alternative I probably would suck it up and pay the money.

I'm fiending for some pintura highlights, but have decided not to get them until my hair gets to a length to where I can afford to spare some in case it gets damaged. Which will be a good long while. My pocketbook is breathing a sigh of relief. . . .

ETA: Sometimes I want to make an appointment because I want to consult about tweaking the CG method, which I can't do with any other hairdressers because they don't know a thing about CG. I have problems gettnig around hard water and overconditioning, and I wouldn't mind having an expert help me figure out the best way to manage it.
  • Ms. Naturally CoilyMs. Naturally Coily Registered Users Posts: 120
    OMG! I can't believe I missed this. I was a part of the last challenge and I definitely want to be a part of this one. How are you all doing?

Chelci
  • travelgirltravelgirl Registered Users Posts: 71
    Can a non transtioner join the challenge as well? If so then count me in.

I will be doing the following:

Protective styles-coils and twist
    Exercising
    Drinking more water
    Althought I'm a vegetarian- I need to add multi-vitamin with Omega 3.

Current hair length varies from 3-5 1/2 inches
    BC: 03/26/05
    CW and no oil
    O with some S
  • MsladiiMsladii Registered Users Posts: 442
    I would love to join I have about a 2inch (stretched) TWA

I will be doing protective styles (tryin to get some twists)
    Drinking a lot of water
    Moisturizing and doing DT's regularly

When I think of some more, I'll add them.. I'll also be updating my fotki as well...
    PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL IT WILL BE ABOUT NATURAL HAIR CARE / STYLES / TUTORIALS AND COSMETICS I WOULD LOVE FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT
    http://www.youtube.com/user/simplycliche

"Shrinkage is only your hair trying to get closer to you...embrace it."
    O, medium/course, spongy, mass of beautiful curly hair

event.png

pswd rawks
    St. Louis I can't believe that I am doing this, but speaking of Pintura I have an appt. this coming Sat. at the Mothership (Hubby and I are going to make a weekend out of it and do theatre, dinner, etc....) I have to admit that I am pretty scared. I am not happy with my haircut. It looks uneven. If I ever go back to Devachan for a haircut, I'll probably go to Ana. I just found a trained curl consultant nearby me. I think that after I get my highlight in NYC, I'll go to them for a consultation. Maybe they can even it out and continue to do the Pinutra method. It has to be cheaper than going to NYC.

Travelgirl I am not transitioning. I am doing this for growth. I finished last year so welcome!

Msladii Welcome! Glad you can join us! Can't wait to see your fotki album!

CTH3989 Glad you can join again! I am doing ok. I will be measuring at the end of the month and I will post the measurement. I am starting with 20 inches. Carlos chopped off too much 3-4 inches! :cry: Oh well, it's only hair and it'll grow. It did last year!

Good luck everyone and don't forget to post results and stop by for support! :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
    I am doing the BC on June 1st so I will definitely be starting anew for this challenge.

Chelci
  • curlee4lifecurlee4life Registered Users Posts: 219
    I am in for the challenge too! I am starting with about 3 inches since my final BC last week.

event.png

Germany Curly

Last Relaxer(Texturizer): Aug. 2005
    BC: May 2006

Wow Chelci, the BC!
    Don't forget to post some pictures! :)

Welcome, Alexta! Congrats and good
    timing! This challenge last year started
    around the time that I did my BC
    Good Luck!
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
    I will be sure to post pictures. :)

Chelci
  • fijicurlfijicurl Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm in! Im new here and need someplace to start. I only have about 3 inches of new growth to start with. I'm planning on keeping my hair in braids and twists, washing 2 x a week, and moisturizing daily.
    Transitioning
    type 3c/4a hair
    fijicurl wrote:
    I'm in! Im new here and need someplace to start. I only have about 3 inches of new growth to start with. I'm planning on keeping my hair in braids and twists, washing 2 x a week, and moisturizing daily.

Fijicurl, welcome!! :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
  • fijicurlfijicurl Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks for the warm welcome Ladydncing :D
    Transitioning
    type 3c/4a hair
    I am BCing in 3 days! On June 1st, my 1 year date of gettingmy last perm. I am so excited!!

Chelci
    CTH3989 wrote:
    I am BCing in 3 days! On June 1st, my 1 year date of gettingmy last perm. I am so excited!!

Chelci
    Perfect, because on June 1st it'll be one month since we've started the new challenge! Don't forget to take pictures! :)
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
  • nubianqt86nubianqt86 Registered Users Posts: 70
    CTH3989 wrote:

Chelci

Good Luck and Congrats!
    Thanks, I will definitely be taking pictures. :D

Chelci
  • curlykristincurlykristin Registered Users Posts: 63 Curl Connoisseur
    i'm in too
    i am getting married in october and would like to add some length to my chin length curls b/c cause i will wear my hair natural and down for the wedding- this is how i think that i look best and i want to look like my self for such an important day!
    and i just want to keep growing, my goal is to have my hair down to my back bra strap- i'm figuring this will take about 50 years.
    this is exciting.
    i'm going to have my BF take some pics of me so i can track my growth
    :sunny:3B- anywhere from sidewalk chalk to straw sized! High Porosity and fine, low density

Day 1
    Shea moisture high porosity cowash
    shea moisture coconut and hibiscus curl conditioner 
    KCCC
    DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam

Day 2
    spritz with oil wonders volume rose conditioner diluted with water and rescrunch
    one squirt of frizz free foam

Deep Treatment:
    Shea Moisture High Porosity masque
    aphogee keratin and green tea protein spray

Currently in recovery from too much bleach and chronic heat styling. 
    Congrats on the wedding. :D Thanks for joining the challenge. I hope you get lots of growth!

Chelci
    Change of plans ladies! I am BCing at 4:00 PM EST! I will be completely natural by this afternoon! :D

Chelci
    Congrats and Welcome CurlyKristin!

An October Wedding! I had an October wedding. I love the fall! It's so beautiful and it's when curly hair looks the best (at least for me). It won't take you 50 years! LOL. Everyone is different. Just to give you an idea, I got last year about 6-8 inches of growth, so it depends.
    Can't wait to see your pictures.

OK, Chelci, it's officially 4 pm!
    so you must be by now an all natural curly! :wink:
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
  • curlykristincurlykristin Registered Users Posts: 63 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks Ya'll!

October is the driest month here in Alabama (this was planned!), and beautiful. The fall is my favorite too!

Are we measuring length wet or dry? Or does it matter? I probably get about 6 inches of growth a year, but dry it looks more like 2 inches. I have some serious boing factor.

Chelci- can't wait to see!
    :sunny:3B- anywhere from sidewalk chalk to straw sized! High Porosity and fine, low density

Day 1
    Shea moisture high porosity cowash
    shea moisture coconut and hibiscus curl conditioner 
    KCCC
    DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam

Day 2
    spritz with oil wonders volume rose conditioner diluted with water and rescrunch
    one squirt of frizz free foam

Deep Treatment:
    Shea Moisture High Porosity masque
    aphogee keratin and green tea protein spray

Currently in recovery from too much bleach and chronic heat styling. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file