CurlTalk

Arghhhh! Stupid hair tie...

So I just tried to get the hair tie out of my hair. I managed to break the hair tie and get a huge snarl in my hair. :angry5: This only happens when I try to put my hair half up, and it seems like no matter how carefully I put my hair up or pull it out I always tear out some hair.

Also it is just me or do Goody hair ties have less elasticity now? They used to last me a long time, but now they stretch out really fast. :(

I have been pondering ordering some flexi-8 clips. Do they ever get caught in anyone's hair? Any other suggestions? TIA! :happy7:
[sigpic][/sigpic]
3a/b low to normal porosity curls
CG method since 2006 @:-)
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
@waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
Blog: Curls and Blossoms

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Aw, don't feel bad! I've broken combs!

I LOVE my flexi-8s! I have one for wearing my hair half-up and a larger one for updos. I just realized they have videos on their site. Finally mastered the french twist! I haven't gotten one caught in my hair yet. Just make sure you pick the right size when ordering!
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
    Aw, don't feel bad! I've broken combs!

I LOVE my flexi-8s! I have one for wearing my hair half-up and a larger one for updos. I just realized they have videos on their site. Finally mastered the french twist! I haven't gotten one caught in my hair yet. Just make sure you pick the right size when ordering!

I've only broken one comb, but I think that was just because it was old. :) I used to go through brushes really fast though. The little tips on the ends of the bristles would come off... I'm so glad I switched to my comb.

I guess I'll have to order some clips. Shame really. :D

Also I was just sort of randomly glancing at your blog. Your hair is quite fab. :happy7: Also I am super excited to try the different plopping methods. I never found plain old scrunchy comfortable to sleep in either.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• mollyrosemollyrose Posts: 18Registered Users
    whimaway wrote: »
    Also it is just me or do Goody hair ties have less elasticity now? They used to last me a long time, but now they stretch out really fast. :(

I totally agree! I think in high school a pack of 30 would last all year and now I go through them at least twice as fast.
    CG since: 7.22.08
    Current Rotation:
    (on a student budget)
    Suave tropical coconut, AOHR!! Biotera curl creme (will not buy again), FX fixative booster curl gel, FOTE!! Baking Soda, (experimenting with LOOB)
    University of Colorado 2010!
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
    mollyrose wrote: »
    whimaway wrote: »

I totally agree! I think in high school a pack of 30 would last all year and now I go through them at least twice as fast.

Maybe I will write a complaint email to them. I go through them really fast too.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]