Towels and Pony-tails

McFarCMcFarC Registered Users Posts: 8
Morning curlies.

I have a couple of easy questions:
1. Are you allowed to wear your hair in a ponytail? I'm finding it hard to make my hair look nice as it's at an awkward length so I've put it in a ponytail for work. Will this affect the curls coming back?

2. For UK curlies, what sort of towel should I use for plopping and where can I get one? Mine all seem too bulky for the job.

Thanks!

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    McFarC wrote: »
    Morning curlies.

I have a couple of easy questions:
    1. Are you allowed to wear your hair in a ponytail? I'm finding it hard to make my hair look nice as it's at an awkward length so I've put it in a ponytail for work. Will this affect the curls coming back?

2. For UK curlies, what sort of towel should I use for plopping and where can I get one? Mine all seem too bulky for the job.

Thanks!

1) Of course...you're allowed to do whatever you want. It's your hair! However, instead of using elastics, you should use scrunchies (they are gentler and don't leave that hair tie kink in your hair). Also, you shouldn't put it in tight. The gentler the better. You don't want to put a lot of stress on your scalp and the hair.

2) You can use an old long sleeve t-shirt if you have one. If you look on my blog (link in siggie), there's a link to a video I made on the right hand column about plopping with a cotton long sleeve t-shirt. Another popular thing to use is a microfiber towel. You can also look into getting a curls like us towel or a curl ease towel (you get these online)
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    Don't worry about ponytails taking away your curl. I guess they can temporarily, but there's no permanent effects from ponytails. Just be gentle with your hair when putting it back, so it doesn't snag.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • stellaBabystellaBaby Registered Users Posts: 237
    I agree with the other two responses as well. A loose pony tail will do you some good.. something not so tight and as far as towels go, you can always use an old t-shirt..
    strickly CG.
    BCed Jan 27,07
    I think my hair type is :pain10: 3c? 3b? eh 4a? hmm idk
    My hair survives on;
    Suave naturals
    Herbal essences set me up gel
    Amla powder
    Other lovies; :laughing8:
    [Vitamins, olive oil, honey, silk peptide powder,vitamin e oil]

event.png
    hairpic.png
    Taken Feb 21,09